Halifax Interviews

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Dee, Jan 14, 2005.

1. candianºoº

candianºoº New Member

Hi everyone;

I am heading off to the interviews in Toronto on the 9th. I'm pretty excited too. Eric told me that any head shot type photo would do the trick.

Is there anyone here going to Toronto or all just Montreal?

I'm excited for you guys too. I think that this whole thing is exciting.

Anyway, Nice to finally say hi to other canadians going....

2. robynchic

robynchic New Member

Wait, headshot?
    What's that for?

3. Cathy

Cathy New Member

We need to bring a picture of ourselves to the interview so that they can put a face to our names.

4. robynchic

robynchic New Member

That sounds odd to me...I mean, I had to have a picture taken next to a ruler, then an individual shot of just me...but that was when I went down for an audition.

5. candianºoº

candianºoº New Member

a head shot is like just a shot of your face maybe your shoulders are in there too, but more a picture that they can recognise you and put your name and face together kind of thing. I was never told anything about needing a picture of me standing beside a ruler. Maybe once you get the job, but, I don't know about that.

face to face in 13 days!!! oh my gosh!!! 13 days... wow...

6. candianºoº

candianºoº New Member

a head shot is like just a shot of your face maybe your shoulders are in there too, but more a picture that they can recognise you and put your name and face together kind of thing. I was never told anything about needing a picture of me standing beside a ruler. Maybe once you get the job, but, I don't know about that.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [​IMG]
    [/url]

7. Lady

Lady New Member

Robyn, it's for the Canadian interviews. We need to bring a photo (any will do, doesn't have to be anywhere near professional) so that they can remember you after the interviews when they are sorting out who they want and who they don't. With that many people being interviewed they need some way to remember who was who!

8. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

Hey guys -

Everyone still enjoying the countdown? Last night I turned nerd and wrote down all of my answers in point form to all the interview questions I've found on these boards. Give me a day to email them to my entire address book looking for feedback ;D Personally, I think the interviews are going to be a wee bit different than what I'm used to because I hear they are quite informal and like a conversation rather than drilling questions. Next up is a stop at the bookstore to refresh myself on Disney trivia ;)

Ever wonder if the people doing the interviews think the really keen applicants are kind of nutters? Turned off by their over-the-top anxiousness?!

Also was just thinking that we may get through the interview day talking to each other but not realising its someone from the boards!

~ Jen

9. Cathy

Cathy New Member

Hey Jen!

I feel for you!! I've been reading my Disney Encyclopedia ever since I got the call!!!
    I'm sure the Disney people will appreciate our enthousiasm.....but as for other people...even my mother thinks I'm totally insane!!!! Oh well...I'll do whatever I can so that I seem to know what I'm talking about :)

I just hope the weather is nice so that I can get there!!

And I'm sure we'll eventually figure out who the people on these boards are! :-\

Any idea yet how many people will be there?

11 sleeps!!!

10. candianºoº

candianºoº New Member

I know it's so weird. I knew that I talked about disney a lot before this, but, since I got the call, that's all I want to talk about. My mom actually is just as nutty about Disney as me. She's been finding interesting facts and emailing me or calling me. Everyone else though, I think, thinks i'm a little nuts. They all of the mouse on their brains too.

11 more sleeps till toronto!!!

11. joelle

joelle Guest

hey guys ! :) Just wanted to know if some of you know what kind of disney trivia they might ask at the interview?? and if some of you had questions tey recently asked to the canadian interviews it would be great! im starting to get more and more anxious my god less than 2 weeks remaining!!! argh

thanks alot
    byebye
    joelle ;D

12. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

Hola amigos:

Ha - too excited!! I am rather bursting with energy over the whole thing!

My mum is rather into Disney as well, but isn't really into the nitty details and behind the scenes stuff like me. That being said, her excitement, and my dad's, is probably on par with mine. I think most people would be excited for our types, but probably not envious :) (Which they should be, really ;) ) I actually gave my parents this website so they could look at the pics ppl have posted online of the Commons.

My mum may also have booked tickets to come and visit me already. :D She says she would have went regardless of if I'm there or not (very true) but me being there will be an excuse to go what I shall politelly refer to as excessive by the standards of the uninitiated.

I don't think the questions they ask at the interview are too difficult, just a few easy dates like park openings and how many parks are there, name them, etc.

Anyone find any other good sites with interview info or tips?

~ Jen

(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Just think - the Brits are having their interviews on freaking MONDAY - TWO DAYS AWAY!)

13. Cathy

Cathy New Member

I know!!! They must be so excited!!! I don't think I'll be able to function with just two days to go! I'm a complete mess now and we've still got over a week! THIS IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!

10 SLEEPS

14. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Hey Guys... just wanted to say good luck.

Don't worry too much about the photo. Mine was just a picture of me sitting in a chair and my sister's best friend's wedding. I guess I'd say it was somewhere between a full body shot and a head shot.

I wouldn't worry too much about your disney trivia either... at least not for the interview itself. During the presentation, you'll get asked some questions about disney and you can get little prizes. My interview had nothing to do with disney really. The only disney stuff that we talked about was how the Disney Store in the UK is now hiring based on sales exp. vs. disney personality and she wanted to know what I thought about that. Otherwise, it was all about Toronto, Canada, hockey (or lack there of) and a very little bit about the Disney Store where I worked and my job now. I can't really remember being asked any real interview-type questions. There were just a couple of questions about why I wanted to do the program and a question about living with people from other countries.

Just be excited and smile.

Sandra :)

15. Cathy

Cathy New Member

Thanks Sandra!! That makes me feel so much better!! I'm glad that it's very relaxed and informal! Even though I'm not relaxed at all!!!

I can't believe it's just over a week away!!!! I can't wait!!

16. joelle

joelle Guest

thanks sandra for the precision!... I though ill bring a recent picture of me and some pictures of me at walt disney like one for every 4 years :p if its not that formal i think it can just help :p what you think? other thing... im kind of worried about how ill be dress... i bought pointy boots that ill wear with 3/4 pants... im worried thats it may be not very formal so could you tell me ( sandra) how people are dress at the interview ??? thanks :)

byebye
    joelle

17. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

My advice... wear business attire. I saw some different outfits at the interviews I was at. What you wear makes an impression, so choose carefully. I wore a pant suit. Black pants with matching jacket and a white blouse underneath. I also wore cdn mickey ears on my jacket. The letter that you get says you should wear business attire and that's exactly what I would suggest. I think that most people were in business outfits.

Here's what The Disney Professional Look is.... what you're supposed to wear for your orientation sessions once you get to WDW. I'd say follow the Disney look as close as you can.

Acceptable Styles:
    - a skirted suit with a dress blouse or sweater
    - a dress with or without a jacket
    - a skirt or split skirt with a blouse or sweater
    - a pant suit suitable for a business environment; pants should be long enough to cover the instep of your foot and should have a matching jacket

Unacceptable Styles:
    - ankle length, cropped or stirrup pants
    - jumpsuits
    - jeans, leather, leather-look or denim pants, skirts or dresses
    - t-shirts and tank, halter or tube tops
    - sundresses and sleeveless dresses or blouses.

That comes right out of the Welcome Guide that I picked up at the interviews. Hope that helps you.

Sandra :)

18. candianºoº

candianºoº New Member

Hey Sandra:

That helps me out sooooo much. In the last few days, I think I've gotten super nerveous about the interview and specifically what to wear. I'm so glad their are generous ppl out there that want to see others succeed. It's just refreshing.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks .

Erynn

8 more sleeps!!!

19. joelle

joelle Guest

yeah thanks a looot!!!! my god i think i will leave my 3/4 pants at home ! :| wp i think i will go shop again! :p argh lol
    at least this time i know what to buy
    lol beybye

joelle :)

20. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

Hey guys -

Happy One-Week Countdown! I went combing through about 1000 pictures the other night trying to find one... I swear, every picture that actually had me in them (e.g., wasn't just scenery or friends) I was either wearing sunglasses, bundled in winter clothing, surrounding by pint glasses or other people or my nose piercing was rather prominently displayed. Ah well, not out of pics yet! =)

Last weekend I was talking to an English guy who did the College Program last summer. He said the interview was very informal and quite relaxed, much like others on the board have been saying.

And huge thanks to Sandra as well for answering our questions all over the boards, she's like our fairy godmother! But younger and more computer literate ;)

~ Jen