Halifax Interviews

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Dee, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Cathy

Cathy New Member

It always comes in handy to have a young, computer literate fairy godmother!! I know I could sure use some pixie dust right about now!

Can you believe that in a week it will all be over!! And then more waiting! Does anyone know how long we have to wait before we find out who gets hired? I don't know if I can take much more of this!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

7 Sleeps

2. candianºoº

candianºoº New Member

Hey Cathy -

I've asked that same question and people have told me anywhere from 1 to 2 months. A friend of mine had to wait 2 months without hearing anything. But others it takes a month. So i'm not too sure. I just think that anything is gonna be too long.

3. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Hehehe... sure I'm not too much younger.... :p

Glad to help. I know how crazy it can be getting ready for the interviews and wondering what's going on.

Ask away. If I can help anyone relax before the interviews, I will try my best.

And, trust me... if you all had only a couple of days to wait, it would be too long. I won't lie... the waiting is terrible. I'm waiting to leave and the days are just dragging.

Sandra :)

4. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Hey everyone! sorry to butt in!
    Thought I'd let you know that we're supposed to find out by the 15th march (had my interview monday!) that's pretty soon- but the answer can be a maybe- ie. you were good, but we don't have a positiion for you right now so we'll wait-list you!
    Best of luck to you all- the day is pretty good fun even though its an interview! :D
    Charlotte x

5. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

The Brits seem to be pretty lucky - they are supposed to find out by March 15th if they got a position or not!  Hopefully they'll be as quick with us...  Really, it's in Disney's best interest to decide quickly for a multiple of reasons.  Maybe I'll write them down and pass them along at the interview ;)

I think the reality of the whole thing hit me yesterday as I was getting my flatmates to look over the resume/cover letter.  Last night I started having dreams about the interview going badly.  I got mad because the interviewer was taking her time and not really asking me anything and was wasting time writing things down.  And before the interview I had to prove I was wearing brown mascara - not black.  And I had forgotten to take off my red nail polish.  Zut alors!

~ Jen

6. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

Forgot a couple of things....

To whom should I address my cover letter? Before I address it to Cast Away, but should I address it to Disney now?

And, umm, anyone know a good cure for laryngitis? I've been silent for a few days and am starting to worry *very* slightly that I may not be better by next week! My voice is starting to come back but I have the feeling I'll start rambling/shouting/singing again and it'll be shot by next week!

Oh, the drama ;)

~ Jen

7. fuzzy

fuzzy New Member

Hey Jen,
    I've heard that if you drink lemon juice in water that it will help you get your voice back. It's worked for me before I had a presentation to do before. But you should be fine in a week anyway.
    Hope that helps,
    Leigh

8. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

@Jen... I addressed my cover letter to Eric when I sent it, but I changed it for the interviews. I used the address from the WDW careers site.

Disney Worldwide Services, Inc.
    International Recruitment
    Post Office Box 10090
    Lake Buena Vista, FL
    32830-0090

I'm sure it doesn't really matter to whom it is addressed, but there's the address in case you want to address it to Disney instead of Cast-A-Way.

Sandra :)

9. Cathy

Cathy New Member

Awww Jen! That's awful that you don't have your voice! I'm sure you'll feel better by Tuesday! You just have to!!

I started looking for a picture too...much harder than I thought it would be! I might go for one of me and Mickey! You can't go wrong with Mickey!!

Has anyone else noticed that we only have 5 sleeps left! UNBELIEVABLE!

10. candianºoº

candianºoº New Member

I did notice that we only have 5 sleeps left and I definitely have to agree with everyone trying to find a picture of me with out either other people, sunglasses, winter garments, etc... is near to impossible. I'm just gonna have to get one developped.

I have to go outfit shopping too. That's tomorrow. I'm kind of excited.

Anyone got any ideas on what they might ask about your province?

5 more sleeps then like a month full of anxious days!!! But it's all worth it!!!!

11. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

I'm yapping about Anne of Green Gables, Ch'town being the birthplace of Confederation, potatoes and lobster if they ask about PEI. And beaches. Twenty min drive in any direction leads to a beach.

I am soooo excited!!! I have to get up at, like 4:00 on Sunday morning to go to the airport and honestly, if my last holiday home is any indication, I probably won't even go to bed until 3:00 or so... Especially considering I, like oodles of folk over legal age :), tend to be out rather late on Saturday nights!

I stayed up til about 1:00 working on my resume last night. Content was decent, but my flatmate suggested a different (and I must agree, better,) format so I poked away at it for quite awhile.

The good thing about being excited about something is that adrenaline makes up for lack of sleep ;D

And my voice is back, almost in full force! I just had a moment of panic as I had never lost my voice for more than, like, an hour before so four days of silenced was a bit of a shocker.

Anyway, I'm oot... until the end of my lunch hour anyway where I have to check these boards once last time before getting through the eternal afternoon ;)

~ Jen

12. Dee

Dee New Member

Hey everyone - I am with you all on the excitement factor!!! Jen - I am exactly the same - every time I go by a computer I have to get on here and see what is being said on the boards. I still can't help but notice that there aren't very many of us on here - could this mean a small crowd and we all get in?? - I know I know - wishful thinking but it is helping me to not go completely insane waiting and wondering... Well gotta go get that resume touched up - Is everyone puttting a coverletter on as well? - I used one when I sent it in but I wonder if we should still do that since we are there in person to tell them why we want the job? bye for now - Derek -

13. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

Hey Derek -

I was kind of wondering if you were going to make another appearance soon! I highly doubt we'll all get through the interview round successfully, but it would be quite nifty if we did! But I am surprised about the lack of folk on the boards going to the interviews... Especially the T.O. and Montreal ones!

I am too excited for this... I have this weird feeling I'll probably flip out and beg the interviewer for a job. Yup, that would be VERY classy and mature.

I'm putting a cover letter on my resume, I think it gives better insight into who I am rather than what I have done in the past five years.

BTW, in case we don't really cross paths or something or we want to meet up, I'll probably be wearing a long orange winter coat on Tuesday, so it'll prob be safe to approach me as I doubt too many others will be wearing long orange coats ;)

The interview didn't really worry me until pretty much the past two days... Curse you, second doubts!

~ Jen

14. Zanitta

Zanitta Member

I don't know how it works over there but we (UK) were told to put cover letters on our CV's before we sent it to Yummy Jobs (the agency that handles recruiting over here), so it would probabaly be a good idea. Worse thing they can do is not read it so surely it's better to send one that they don't need then to not send one that they do need?

15. Dee

Dee New Member

Thanks guys - I'll go for the cover letter.
    Jen - glad I will know somone there - not sure what i will be wearing yet so I will let you know if I have decided any more than 5 min before I leave for the interview... but surely I can find you (Orange will do it). I have been thinking through how this interview will go and what I will say and I keep finding myself sounding more and more pathetic - I just keep slipping in little things as to how I want to get this job soooo badly and that I have no idea what I will do next year if I don't get in as this is all I want to do - I really need to stop or by the time I get there I will be on the floor begging and even if I don't get to that point - I will still sound pretty pathetic and they will think I am crazy! so I am going to try not to think about this think too much this weekend - but you know I'll be back on here in no time! haha

16. joelle

joelle Guest

hello everyone . im not in the halifax interviews but im going to montreal anyone else?? i went shoping for an outfit yesterday .. ouch its cost an harm and a leg but it worth it :D 1 for the picture i didnt find one that would be ok so i think i will ask my father to take one on me and well go for the one hour development i guess! other thing, for my cover lettre i took the same that i send to eric the first time.. i didnt change it, do you thing i should?? aaaaaaaaaa just 5 days left im soooo excited !im just like you Dee i just cant keep myself from coming to this board every time i come near a computer!
    and also the assistant of eric said to me ( for the montreal interviews) that there would be a loooot of people... so i think that it will need more than wishfull though to get through!( fingercrossed anyway)lol

byebye
    joelle ;D

17. joelle

joelle Guest

woo i just read my last post.. it is filled with errors lol sorry!
    i forgot a question ... Im in my last year of art an technologies... i have a portfolio ( scrapbook i guess?) and was wondering if it would be usefull to bring it to the interview?.. even if it's not disney related... anyway

thanks
    byebye! :)

joelle

18. Canuckliz

Canuckliz New Member

Hey Guys!!!

I'm going to the montreal one as well and am soooo excited. I was wondering what you were all going to be wearing..like entire black suits??? I was just thinking black pants and a nice blouse/ black cardigan, and am worried I will be under dressed.

Joelle I was thinking that we are the only two going to montreal on this board so maybe there wont be a ton of people?? HAHA I can hope right? I mean less people means less competition.

Do most people have university degree's, because I only have my High School DIploma, so maybe I'm not going to have a chance, although I have worked in customer service for three years now.  Sorry for my rant I'm just a little nervous!!!!

Liz

19. Canuckliz

Canuckliz New Member

Sorry I forgot one thing ...I was wondering if someone who already has the job could send me acopy of their cover letter/ resume just so I can comepare mine/ get ideas? I konw its a personal thing you can takeout personal info , i just think it would be helpful to get another person's perspective!!

Thanks again, Liz

20. candianºoº

candianºoº New Member

Hey Jen, Glad to hear that the voice is back. I'm walking better!... Yeah!!!! I'm going to the Toronto Interviews for those of us I haven't met yet.

It's the weirdest thing... 3 sleeps left. And I leave in 2. I'm hoping that the night before I'll be able to sleep, but part of me is a little concerned. How can one sleep when they have an interview with the mouse the next day? Oh well, I'm sure I'll eventually figure all this out.

As well, for anyone who wants to say Hey on Wednesday at the interview, I'll be wearing a black suit with white pipping, and black pointed shoes... it's all new... it's all very exciting. Maybe we could go have lunch....

Anyway...

Erynn

Who is everyone addressing their cover letter too? Cast a way or Disney international?