Halifax Interviews

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Dee, Jan 14, 2005.

1. joelle

joelle Guest

hi liz ! ...thats right we are the only ones ... :) but wait till we are there lol .. it will be an other thing!
    i will have a grey pantsuit and the jacket it closing with a brown leather ribbon wich matches my brown point show and belt lol ! .. i choose a grey outfit because i wanted them to remember me easily ;D i dont think there will be a lot of people wearing greay outfits... so I just try to put every chance on board lol
    but i hope i will not be the only one not in black ! ... it would be kind of embarassing!
    anyway ( it will be easier for you to spot me if so lol)
    i dont have my university degree , im finishing my last session in art and thechnologies at the CEGEP lévis lauzon ... but i think it doesnt matter... i wanted to do it before University and i think most of people do that too..
    im lacking real hard in the " job department" the only job i had were like : soccer coatch, concellor in a playground and make up artist for sport tournaments... i dont have any experiences in restaurants nor sellsperson. i Just hope they consider other things before that :-\

4 days left!!! ( yeahhhhhhhh)
    byebye
    joelle :)

2. candianºoº

candianºoº New Member

Joelle:

I'm sure that the most important thing they'll be looking for is your enthusiasm and energy level. As long as you smile, look at them in the eyes,
    and have a great time, they'll see just how much you want this.

Erynn

3. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

HEY GUYS!!!!!

hee hee hee... I am going to be a nutter to be with tonight and tomorrow. After sleeping for an entire four and a half hours on Friday night I woke up too excited to go back to bed! Then last night I was excited, again, (okay - and packing) and didn't even bother going to bed.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm wearing a back suit because it's the only colour suit I have! So fabulously basic with a black suit and white blouse. Wow - I'm going to stand out something fierce ;)

My cover letter is almost the same as the one I sent Eric - just changed the odd word here and there and addressed it to the Disney address Sandra posted earlier.

I actually think soccer coach and camp councelor experience is pretty good! Shows leadership, team spirit, working with kids, etc. And really, I don't think a degree will make much of a difference, everyone has good points they can sell about themselves!

Talk to yas soon...!

~ Jen

4. joelle

joelle Guest

my god this as been the longest week end i ever had of my whole life !!!! argh i just cant keep myself from thinking about it , i must have come to this board at least 30 time this week end thats crazy!
    jen i send the exact same cover letter except for one sentence that i changed and the adress ... i presume that if Eric liked your CV there is big chances that disney will love it too.. i hope!

I finally got my passeport today yayyy! i will go make some photocopies of the information page and then i will have all the things we need for the interview :D

lol it dosent matters if you dont stand out with your clothes hahah .. i hope though i will not be the only one not in black :| lol

3 days leftttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    byebye
    joelle

5. Dee

Dee New Member

Hey everyone - just had to get one last post in before the interviews - I am heading out so I won't be on here again before tomorrow - very excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyhow - see you all tomorrow - good luck to those at the other interviews (Montreal and Halifax) Later - Derek-

6. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Good Luck to all of you. Just relax (yes, easier said than done) and smile. :D

Sandra :)

7. joelle

joelle Guest

so here it is the day is finally here !!! only one day left, im leaving tommorow for montreal.. donnu if ill be able to come to the boards after that , so if not good luck everyone , and hope to see you there liz !

byebye inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale.... ;)

joelle

8. Chloe

Chloe New Member

Good luck all! :D

9. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

Hey-hey everyone!

So did we all have fun? And our interviews went well, hopefully?

I think my interview went okay... My initial reaction when I left the room was that it went rather well but once I calmed down and thought about what I said.. um... maybe not so good. I talked. A lot.

Did you know Julie (I think that was her name... I wrote it down...) got her Disney start at Disneyland Paris?!?! She worked there for six and a half years when it first opened and then got offered the position she is in now. How bloody cool is that?!?!

And the presentation felt like a high school pep rally - in a good way though.

I think it's probably to our advantage that the recruiters have a day off between the T.O. interviews and the Halifax ones - gives them time to reflect about how fabulous we all were! ;)

Anyway, good luck to the ppl going to the interviews today and tomorrow!

~ Jen

10. joelle

joelle Guest

yaaaaaaaaaaaa done done done !!!! lol ive just got back from the interviews where i met lots of cool people !!! hey liz it went greaaaattt!!! lol
    i got a little headache but beside that everythings fine !!:p
    so we just have to wait until march 31 now ouch ... the wait start :\

byebye
    joellle ;D

11. Cathy

Cathy New Member

Hey guys....did everyone survive? I'm so relieved that it's over with! Now MORE waiting! Will it never end?

I'm so excited for the people from the UK who got the job! I'm sooooooooooooo jealous though!! I feel much better though now that I know that there are only 100 people in Canada getting interviewed....I thought it would be WAY more than that!

Crossing my fingers for all of you!! :)

12. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Glad to hear the Halifax interviews went well. I read on another thread that there were a couple of positions for the end of March, but were there any open for June at all?

@Cathy... lol... I'm still waiting for the waiting to end. Although, the end is in site... although it's still months away.

@Joelle.... March 31st isn't so far away and, hopefully, you'll hear something before that. I heard about 2 1/2 weeks after my interview in October. I think we were told that we would hear by the beginning of December sometime.

@Jen... Same thing happened with me. I thought my interview went really well and then I started analyzing it and thinking otherwise. Julie is a really hard person to read. I talked lots too, so I guess it's not a bad thing. They certainly don't want to hire a bunch of people to work at WDW who aren't gonna talk a lot to the guests.

Hope you guys hear something soon.

Sandra :)

13. Chloe

Chloe New Member

I have my fingers crossed for all of you! I was in your position about a week and a half ago so I know the feeling of relief!

14. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

Sandra: There wasn't any mention of any positions for June... Maybe it's still too early for the last-minute folk to drop out ;) I figure for this sort of position talking a lot probably isn't a bad thing provided one is saying something worthwhile!

I don't think the wait will bother me until, say, March 25th or so. Then I'll start getting ansy, glue my mobile to my hand, compulsively check my email and sit on this boards til odd hours of the night. (Okay, a stretch since I don't have net access in my flat and the internet cafe closes at 10 :p)

This is an eternal waiting game, isn't it? And yes, I am sooo happy for the Brits who got their calls today! (And I'm sure more will get them tomorrow.) If I came on the boards and saw people were getting calls I think I would start freaking out. Huge congrats to Chloe and the rest of yas!

Joelle: glad your interview went well! I thought the entire thing (presentation, interview, talking with other applicants,) was an absolute blast!

~ Jen