Halloween: What Will You Dress-Up As?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CharlotteSparkle, Oct 8, 2008.

1. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

So I got all excited today when I went to Tesco and saw all of the Halloween stuff, but was a bit disappointed coz it was just the same old stuff.

I'm thinking of dressing up as a Scarecrow!! I want to do something that no-one else will do. Any other ideas?

2. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I dont know, i dont even know if im going to a halloween party! But i may dress up as something disney like.

3. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Yeah, I'm not going anywhere for Halloween either...but if I was, I'd convert these old curtains into a dress and go as Maria from the Sound of Music!

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Wow, that is a great idea. We should have a wdwip halloween party, put our pictures up of us dressed up and then party online. wooohooo!

5. ginabella

ginabella New Member

ive always wanted to go out as wonderwoman...i know...not scary....but so coool!!

6. DisneyGibbs

Haha I wouldn't be able to get any patterns by then LOL. Not with how busy I'm going to be over the next few weeks :-\

7. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

I like the scarecrow idea. you'd need to get hold of some straw and put some in your hair nd down your sleeves, it'd look great! a few years ago I was a vampire bat, but it wasn't overly original. i really just wanted to prance around in false teeth and wings! If I was going out this year then I'd be Wednesday from the Adams family ;D

8. Cicada

Cicada New Member

I was a bag of jelly beans last year. I got clear garbage bags from the dollar store, printed the jelly belly logo on a piece of paper and traced it onto the bag with permanent markers. then I filled it with balloons and had fun ribbon in my hair. My friend was cotton candy, she spray painted cotton batting pink and we stapled it on her. And another friend was in a bubble bath. she used a laundry basket, cut a whole out for her legs, covered the outside with a tower and filled the inside with cotton and used a pair of tights for legs. I'd post pictures but I can't figure out how.

9. karenm84

karenm84 New Member

When we were wee my sister went as Teddy Bears picnic - I was sooo jealous cos I was just a witch :-[ she had a bear mask and a picnic blanket over her with fake food and wrappers stuck to it I really thought (and still think) it was cool. You could go as a dice just need a box and paint xx

10. *minnie**mouse*

I HAVE to see the pictures of that jellybelly outfit and bath!!! :D :D

If you open an account with photobucket.com, you just load them like you would on facebook, then it'll give you a link you can copy and paste here. ;D

11. CharlotteSparkle

I'd love to see the jelly bean costume too!!!

I think I'll stick with scarecrow, I've got a straw hat and checked shirt so all i really need now is straw!!! Where do you go to get straw? Hmm. I do love the jelly bean idea though, very original!

12. *minnie**mouse*

hmm...do you know anyone with a pet rabbit?? if not you'll get some at pets at home i'm sure ;D

13. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Ok I think this is going to work. That is the three of us as cotton candy, bath and bag of jelly beans. The only problem with the jelly bean was that the bag ripped as the night went on and I ended up having to take it off. This picture was taken after it started riping, but you get the idea

[​IMG]

14. karenm84

karenm84 New Member

I have 2 options depends on who I go out with - if i go with my best friend I'm going as Betty from Flintstones and she can be Wilma (bit lame but I'm dark haired and she's ginger) but if she doesnt come out then I'm going as a gnome

15. CharlotteSparkle

haha a gnome would be cool, but Betty and Wilma would be better!

I LOVE the jelly bean costume! I may have to steal it!!!!! It's awesome, how did you come up with it?

16. *minnie**mouse*

I cant get over how good those costumes are! I'd have been scared the balloons would all pop!

17. Cicada

Cicada New Member

That's ok you can steal it. I didn't actually come up for it though. I was searching on some sites and people suggested it but no clear explainations, finding the clear bag was the hardest part. I made it the morning of the party.

Thanks, I wasn't scared that they would pop. but there weren't too many people there. I don't think i would want to go to a bar wearing it. it is just awkward to sit in and my hair got really staticy

18. If I get myself sorted then I will dress up as Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. If I don't get sorted then it will be a witch or something. Not very inventive but I already have the costume from last year.

19. CharlotteSparkle

yeah I have a witch costume from accessorise, but I decided to do something a bit different this year. You should go as sally, it would be so cool!!

20. DisneyGibbs

When I worked MNSSHP I saw one group go as the entire cast of Wicked...and a bunch of my friends went as a Brazilian Tour Group! Which, I must say, is a brilliant idea haha. I saw lots of Sally's then too.

I really want a Belle costume...her blue dress, but they don't sell a pattern and the websites that will custom make them are so expensive! I will find a way to make it! LOL.