Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Movie - What did you think?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by princess_shayna, Jul 16, 2009.

1. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

I saw Harry Potter HBP last night...

And I thought it was AMAZING! ;D Like the best so far!!!

They only left out a few key things that happened which always annoys me, but they still made it flow really well! I just thought it was so great!! The parts with the relationships I thought was so well done!

I missed Fred and George though, didn't see them a lot, or Hagrid! But I swear when Harry was on Felix Felicitus I thought I was going to die laughing! It was so entertaining and funny yet so dark at the same time! AH! I thought they did such a great job!

I love everything Harry Potter! :D

What did everyone else think???

2. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I've not seen it, people have said its the best so far. I'm not really into it.

I worked the past couple days, its been crazy busy. Yesterday was VUE's busiest EVER day!

3. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Fabulous, FABULOUS movie! The best one yet, hands down.

It's tough trying to base a series of movies off of a set of books that are just so detailed and filled with so many different layers be it relationships, good vs. evil, etc. And especially when you take a book like Half Blood Prince which is just so jam packed! Cutting parts out of the book is a necessary evil unfort, but they really did a supremo job of moving the story along and keeping true to it.

And gosh, I just love the characters more and more! The actors do an amazing job, truly. I love Alan Rickman as Snape, he just plays him exaaaactly how I always thought he would be! The way he speaks, moves, everything! I loved it yesterday, after seeing the movie, hearing people who hadn't read the book talk about how they can't decide if he's good or bad hehe, loves it! Ditto for Bellatrix Lastrange, soooo just wildly off the wall! Gah, they're all amazing, what can I say?

It needs to be November 2010 now so I can see the next movie! And they better not push that one back like they did this one... I will not be a happy camper! :D

4. I LOVED it!! Can't believe how much better Daniel Radcliffe has got in his acting. Rupert Grint was awesome as usual. My favourite character in the films has been and always been Bellatrix Lestrange. I just love her so much. Helena Bonham Carter is just so good at portraying her insanity. I really don't know how she managed to do it so well in this film considering she was quite heavily pregnant at the time of shooting!!!

I thought at first it was a bit disjointed but that could have just been me as I strained to see the screen properly (we were there 40 minutes early yet we still had to sit 3 rows from the front). Was too uncomfortable at first until I found a comfortable position. Just gives me a valid excuse to go see it again in August some time.

Can't wait for the next one to come out! I want them to do the funeral but it would probably just disappoint me as it is in my opinion one of the best written parts of the whole series.

5. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

yeah the one part I really missed was the funeral.. and the memory of the Guants... I know they maneuvered around it with the plot, But I really wanted to see what they looked like... And Voldemorts mom!

But it was really well done I thought! Ron and Harry were both really funny I thought!! :)

6. DivineAphrael

DivineAphrael New Member

Well I thought it was dire. Totally boring, about 3 things happened in the entire movie, and it was very very loosely based on the book.

Also Harry and Ginny were the most wooden emotionless couple I've ever seen in my life.

You ruin things again Daniel Radcliffe :mad:

7. bigsam

bigsam New Member

It is a great movie but so poor at the end, I am waiting for the last movie of Harry Potter series

8. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

i've not seen it yet but one of my bros flat mates at uni is an extra in it and walks across the screen

9. monoenny11

monoenny11 New Member

If you've not read the book you're going to find the plot pretty tough to follow at times. It feels a bit thin on BIG action scenes. so i find book is better

10. mushu

mushu New Member

I loved it, although at first I felt it was too slow, but thats the great thing about it - you get all the personal bits in and not just the huge action scenes. We're going to get a whole load of action in Part 2, especially with the Battle of Hogwarts.