Have you lived/worked in the US other than at WDW?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by claire121394, Jan 6, 2012.

1. claire121394

claire121394 New Member

Has anyone else lived there for any other reasons, or are you planning to?

The course i am planning on applying to at Uni (American Studies-4years) offers a year studying in the US. Is there any others on the forums who have studied over in the states?

2. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

I plan to go to a community college in Orlando and then transfer to UCF. It hurts my brain sorting it all out ha ha.

3. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

I'm in a similar position to you claire! My course at uni (Law) offers a year studying abroad at the University of Texas, which I will hopefully apply for next year. I have spoken to quite a few people about the year abroad and they all say it's an amazing experience so if your course offers a year in America then you should go for it! It sounds like an opportunity not to be missed!

4. Missish

Missish New Member

I did American Studies at university! ;D Where are you applying to? I did it at the University of Sussex and it was great. I studied at the University of Colorado for a year and absolutely LOVED it. It was honestly the best experience of my life. I made life long friends, did loads of travelling, did all the stereotypical American college things (going to football games and frat parties etc) ... it was amazing.

Definitely do it. You won't regret it at all.

5. FairyPrincess

FairyPrincess New Member

I did a student exchange program and lived in the US for a year! :) I went to High School there and all and I LOVED it :) Disney is the perfect opportunuty of going back to the US :)

6. BeciMarie

BeciMarie New Member

I studied at the University Of Mary Washington in Virginia during my second year of university and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I miss it so much, I miss my old room mates and friends. It will always feel a little bit like home for me, whenever I go back there.

7. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Gonna be living somewhere in the South as I'm soon to be wed! :D

8. Hamburger

Hamburger New Member

Disney_Geek - I'm jealous!

I used to be married to a Florida boy and lived in Florida (east coast) and California for a few years.

Unfortunately, if you have a green card, and leave the US for more than a year, this green card expires. I did not know :mad:

9. mallihamalliha

mallihamalliha New Member

i like Harvard but i don not know what are features to have to be accepted there.....