Help me out!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Caitlin, Mar 28, 2007.


How could i work at Disney without going back home, Taiwan?

  1. Fall Program

    0 vote(s)
  2. International Program

    0 vote(s)
  1. Caitlin

    Caitlin New Member

    I am from Taiwan and now an exchange student of Purdue University. I was so glad that I got the invitation letter from Disney for Disney college program three weeks ago. However, I now have a problem is that my J-1 student visa could only let me work at the United States as Academic Training for four months, the length i spent at Purdue.

    My international advisor told me that either Disney issue me another student visa or offer me other opportunities such as summer program, it is impossible for me to be a Hospitality Cast Member on the Disney College Program in the Fall Advantage 2007 Season. I've emailed disney recruiter and she told me that she could switch me to the shorter Fall program length. However, it is quite stupid for me to go back to Taiwan and then spend another $1000 for me to fly back.

    From Disney's website I found out there's an International program which student could work for summer only. I'm wondering that is it possible for me to apply for it without going back to Taiwan. Could anyone tell me what could I do regarding my visa or what options I have since I'm so eager to work at Disney World, Florida?

Share This Page