Help with covering letter?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by MissWendy, Mar 31, 2008.

1. MissWendy

MissWendy New Member

Hi I was wondering what to put in my covering letter and thought that maybe the ppl who have already got through would know :)

2. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

It doesn't need to be anything too fussy, I just said a bit about myself i.e. at uni, studying whatever you're studying, then said which job in disney I was interested in doing and then said that i'd love to work at disney. I think they're probably more interested in the CV than the covering letter!

Good Luck ;D

3. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

Dear Disney International Program Recruiter:

I discovered the Disney International Program while searching for career
    opportunities online in order to help broaden my horizons. I believe my excellent
    record of interpersonal and retail skills qualify me to be a useful addition to your
    team.

Through my retail and other employment experience, I have developed a positive
    attitude when dealing with the often stressful realities of client care. I possess keen
    leadership skills and a passion for service. In addition, I have extensive experience
    with Walt Disney World’s attractions, layout, brand, and lifestyle that I am eager to
    apply in assisting visitors. Finally, I am a proud Newfoundlander and Canadian and
    look forward to sharing my culture with others.

I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to be considered for this position and look
    forward to answering any questions you may have about my experience and
    profile.

Sincerely,

Tracey Brown
    1 Princeton Crescent
    Mt. Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador
    A1N 2Y6

I would NOT copy mine but that's it.

4. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

what Tracey wrote is pretty much all you need, .. short and concise

what Disney is looking for is pretty much outgoing, sociable, and very service oriented people. You really don't need any other skills. They will train you in everything else.

5. MissWendy

MissWendy New Member

Thanx alot u guys I have a better idea of what to write now :D Was feeling a bit stumped cus normally I just send off CV's, its not often I have to do a covering letter.

6. MissWendy

MissWendy New Member

Oh do I send off the form on the How To Apply page that you have to print off or just a CV and covering letter~? Sorry to be annoying.

7. PeXoXaLoVePooH

PeXoXaLoVePooH Active Member

only ur CV and Cover letter, that form will be give to u on the F2F interview ;D

Good luck! and let us know how ur process is going!