Horse Stables

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vickiw001, Aug 12, 2011.

1. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

Okay so I know that Disney have horses at WDW (in Main Street USA etc.) I was just wondering where abouts they are in relation to the park and whether or not you are able to work there on any of the international programs? I'm hoping to do the ICP next year and thought it would be an interesting job.
    xx

2. Missish

Missish New Member

The horses are kept at Fort Wilderness - the stables are open for anyone to visit. Not sure if you can work there on the ICP, though. I've never heard of anyone doing that, but that doesn't mean it's not an option!

3. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

Thanks! I will have a look and see if I can find any more out about it!

4. vistaway

vistaway New Member

5. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

You can also go trail riding at the Fort Wilderness. I went with my Mum and it was great! Around forty-five minutes of riding through the forest seeing animals like wild turkeys and deer. My horse was named Minnie, (short for Minnie Mouse of course!) even though she was the biggest and most gentle of all the horses. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had at Disney, but then again I'm a horse lover.

Not sure you can work there on the program though. The cast members who were leading us were both expert horse riders with lots of experience working with the animals.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/tri-circle-d-ranch-farm/

6. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

Thanks guys! I have a phone interview soon so I might ask Yummy Jobs then about working there. Even if I can't work there, I may have to visit, it looks amazing!! xx

7. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

That sounds so much fun! I always wanted to check out Fort Wilderness when I was on my ICP but didn't get the chance. And I thought horse riding was just for the guests staying there.. but that's such good news! If I get accepted on to the CRP I'm going to be going there all the time!
    Anyone remember how much it costs to ride?
    xxx

8. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

My horse is called "Shadow" who stays there. There was a Foal born there earlier this year. I loved going riding. It was expensive and they don't do a Cast discount, but it was worth it!

9. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

How expensive are we talking?!?
    xx

10. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

ONE BILLION DOLLARS!!! :p

11. missginius

missginius Member

I think its around 45$ I looked it up a while back cause I wanna go riding too

12. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Ahhh that's a bit more affordable than ONE BILLION DOLLARS! :p
    xxxx