Hospitality Management Experiences?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by cowza, Sep 22, 2007.

1. cowza

cowza New Member

I think I read somewhere this particular international college programme is quite new... maybe why I couldn't find more information. But if there is anyone out there at the moment doing the six month UCF/WDW programme what are your experiences with the classes for the Hospitality Management qualification?

Are they interesting and is it simple to get transport to/find where the classes are? I know very little about UCF. Is it one campus or are their numorous locations depending what courses you study?

2. ElisaTonks

ElisaTonks New Member

will keep you posted i go out on this program on 7th october. however i do know as lessons are at rosen college which is a small campus belonging to UCF.

3. cowza

cowza New Member

Thanks Elisa I'd appreciate it

4. Nickie Mouse

Nickie Mouse New Member

im on this an we are the first ones to do it we arrive din july an to be honet its a pile of crap lol the lectures teach u nothing and everyone just stays in bed instead of going to class. its nice to meet up with everyone but if ur expecting to learn something u will be disappointed. the classes we picked for 2nd semester got dropped for no reason so we are taking things that we dont even care about just because we have to

5. cowza

cowza New Member

Haha. Sounds kind of like university life all over again haha.

So are they not strict on showing up? 'cause there is no exams or coursework right?
    Have you been able to get involved with UCF life or is it quite segregated because the classes are at a different college?

6. Nickie Mouse

Nickie Mouse New Member

we go to classes on a friday an we have just completed our first semester ...so far this is the number of 'real' ucf students that i have seen on campus.... 0! we visitied the main campus the first day an that is waaaaaaaay out of the way an rosen is always empty aside from us! they say u can only miss 2 an i missed 2 but forgot to sign the register one time so if they actually checked they wud think i missed 3 but have never said anything. most people have missed 2 or 3 out of 8 so far. iv got 3 weeks off now thank god!

7. cowza

cowza New Member

Ah that's a shame! How long do the classes last though? Do you spend most of the day Friday? Do you always get Fridays off because of classes or do you have to work at Disney World sometimes too? Are you enjoying the Disney World side? Where abouts are you working and what type of job are you doing?

Thanks for the responses so far!

8. thisisme46

thisisme46 New Member

damn sounds like it gona b ..... interesting. To be honest it sounds like the uni i just been at so i'm not gonna find it too hard to ajust my uni was in the sticks serperate from its other campuses and well lets just say wasnt the most organised place to attend!!

9. Claire 86

Claire 86 New Member

Hi one and all.
    I've just been offered a role in Hospitality on the Graduate Program starting in January! I'm so excited.
    Drop me a line if your also working during the spring :)

10. Gem

Gem New Member

Hey Claire there is a Grad Programme topic which i have started it's in the accepted area i think lol when did u hav ur interview?

xx

11. Claire 86

Claire 86 New Member

Hi Gemma,

I had my interview on the 28th.

12. Nickie Mouse

Nickie Mouse New Member

i have self terminated as of nov 11th so after i sign up for second semester at ucf next week, i wont be turning up for classes ever again!

13. cowza

cowza New Member

What do you mean? Have you quit early? What went wrong? :-(

14. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

if you self terminated then why did you sign up for the second semester at ucf??

why are you leaving?!

15. Nickie Mouse

Nickie Mouse New Member

well i have officially left disney lolimin a hotel near the airport! i quit becuase i have work ex at the bbc which is amazing an something that means way more to me than the mouse ever did! disney is fun an u meet great people but i kinda felt like i was wasting my time. ucf is a crock of shit an we told them so last week. my other friend left last weekend an she went in an complained to them an they said that they know everyone is unhappy with it an they are fixing it for the next groups so u guys will prob think its good. we have an email address that they told us to complain to so we'll see what happens...

16. Nina

Nina New Member

421 girls yeah?!

17. Nickie Mouse

Nickie Mouse New Member

them bitches?? nah plus i heard that one of themhoes has moved into my old bedroom, quick in me grave hey?! haha

18. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

so what was so bad about the UCF part of it? And what would you suggest to them to make it better?

19. Nickie Mouse

Nickie Mouse New Member

the whole ucf thing was a joke. we paid all that money to spend a day in 'class' were all we ever did was draw pictures or watch stupid videos. you would think that we were 5 years old the way they act there! we spent an entire class blindfolding each other an walking around the building then another whole class drawing pictures and they give out candy as prizes to the prettiest pictures etc lol it was pathetic. it would have been funny if it didnt cost so much.

20. topofox

topofox New Member

Hi Nickie, where r u from? Where r u working at now?