Hospitality Management Experiences?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by cowza, Sep 22, 2007.

1. alex_wallington

alex_wallington New Member

I think she is in the Commons?! but has been told she might be moving to the new accommodation in the spring where all hospitality and front desk witll be living together?! im not sure how true that is... she is a bit gulable! :)

xx

2. VickiG

VickiG New Member

I got told the new housing was supposed to be finished for Spring and would be for those on longer programmes as its supposed to be nicer?!

So your friend could be right Alex!

But I was a bit concerned that if it was ready half way through the programme would they want us to move if everyone was all settled?!

Suppose there's pros and cons to staying put or moving

xx

3. heatherwdw

heatherwdw New Member

i lived in the commons last year and it was the best, but new accomodation would be nice too

4. topofox

topofox New Member

Yeah, God Bless The Commons, hahah, until now, they are the best. I lived at the commons the last year as well heatherwdw, where r u from? Maybe we met over there. I'm Medardo from Mexico.

5. heatherwdw

heatherwdw New Member

I think you were friends with some of my friends, one called Michael from Northern Ireland

6. topofox

topofox New Member

Lol, of course, Michael, he is now working at the disney cruise line, u'r rite I'm that Mexican, so, u'r from UK, what's ur name, when did u finish ur cult rep program?

7. heatherwdw

heatherwdw New Member

my name is heather and i finished in March, i went to a couple of mexican parties, do u know ruth and dom, there was a mexican guy who lived in block 6 who ran these parties for the gay community i was friendly with his roomate

8. topofox

topofox New Member

Hahaha, of couse i know Ruth and Dom, they're 2gether now right? and i was living at 611, i was the president of the gays parties, what a good times!!!! lol, , but i think u're talking about Hector, he was living in the bulding 6, 3rd floor right?, we have like 2 of our gay parties in his apartment, i think it was 632 or 634.

SO, when u'r going back to orlando? and in which program?

9. heatherwdw

heatherwdw New Member

oh yeah Hector thats him. I actually turned up with michael on the first one they did in his apt. Dom and ruth are together and are so sweet together.

I am going back hopefully to do the J1 front desk programme should find out very soon. Where did u work in the mexican pavillion, were u one of the kind mexicans who gave us free margeritas

10. topofox

topofox New Member

Hahaha, yeah, i used to give margaritas everyone, i was in food and beverage, so i worked in La Cantina, the margaritas stand and the restaurant, how about u? I remember the first gaylerie, i know Michael arrive to the party with someone else, but i can not remember ur face, lol

And yes, Dom and Ruth are so sweet together, they both were to my bday party in cocoa beach this year, it was awesome.

11. heatherwdw

heatherwdw New Member

Yes that was me walking in with michael. and i think it was u that used to give us some free drinks, nice one. so u have applied to go back i actually find out today whether i get in

12. topofox

topofox New Member

Yeah I applied on nov, and i'm going back on jan 20th, but i will do the j1 academic program, i'll take some classes at the ucf and i will work in a disney resort, i know it's gonna be complety different, u know, not living at the commons, not working at the pavillion, but i will enjoy it anyway, my program will be only for 6 months, how about u?

13. heatherwdw

heatherwdw New Member

I got the job i leave in august, so so excited

14. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

Hey Vicki

Remember you might be lifeguarding at resorts and not an actual waterpark. If you get resorts your usually places in a region and will cover more than one pool. Resort guards can pick up shifts in other resorts aswell.
    If you do get one of the parks then you can also pick up shifts in the resorts. Resort guards tend not to be able to pick up waterpark shifts because you need extra training to work there.
    Shifts are easy enough to come by, as guards call in all the time so give your boss your phone number and they can call you in on your days off or get you to work longer hours

15. VickiG

VickiG New Member

Thanks Spaztaz!

I can hardly find any inforamton on the web about lifeguarding. I have kinda resigned myself to a resort so it would be a bonus if i got a waterpark!

Really lookinh forward to it though
    Thanks again for the info

xx

16. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

No problemo
    I worked resort and loved it, the guards there tend to be a little closer nit with more group nights out I guess cause there are not as many. And in most resorts you are not guarding the pool for anywhere near as much time as a park. Water park guards tend to guard the pool all day but in resorts there are loads of other things to do like, games, pool parties, cleaning, playing in the arcade (yes that can actually be on your rotation - you test all the machines haha), and working on the dock to name a few. And if you happen to work in Fort Wilderness and are about 5'4 you might even get the chance to be very good friends with chip -n- dale.

17. VickiG

VickiG New Member

That all sounds dead cool - i'm not bothered where I work - I just want to get there (and pass all the test etc when I do!!)

Not sure whether it is unfortunate or not, but i'm around the 5'8 so the chip 'n' dale gig might be outta the question!

Are you going back Spaztaz? Which programme did you do before? What are you applying to do if your going back??
    Sorry for all the questions, you're the first person that has identified themselves as a lifeguard to me!

18. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

Haha thats cool!
    I was on the ICP it was my 2nd one and the first time I did Merchandise.
    I am still deciding if I wanna do the graduate or just cultural rep its causing me a few problems haha
    add me on msn if u need to know any more
    keirstewartrfc@hotmail.com