Hours

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by Elaine!, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Elaine!

Elaine! New Member

Hey Guys!

I'm heading out to WDW in 16 days doing operations- wooohooooo! so excited!
    Was just wondering how many days you work in a row and for how many hours? i know this much vary a lot but an average idea?
    I know we are going to work hard and am totally up for it because after all that's the whole reason we're going! It's not a holiday- just an awesome summer job!
    So just really for curiosity so i can work out if i'll be able to meet up with some friends who are gonna be out in Florida during the summer.

Thanks!

Elaine xx

2. catwalk2486

catwalk2486 New Member

Hi Elaine,

I'm starting my first week of work, after completing my training (finally!). Hours range from anything between 35 up to 40/50/60 hours per week! You will usually get 2 days off per week which are consecutive but this totally depends on the season and how busy the parks are.

Hope that helps

Catriona

3. Elaine!

Elaine! New Member

Thanks a bunch Cat!!
    see you soon!

Elaine xx

4. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

I want two days off *goes off in a huff*

Not really :D I like my work just not working six days in a row though we go to split shifts next week so i get to sleep in, in the morning or go somewhere then work for 7 hours.

Think it depends where you work on how long you work and how much time you get off

Hope that helps in some way
    Mhairi

5. Mom of an Applicant

Mom of an Applicant New Member

My daughter Shayna was just telling me today that the college program students will now only be working 44 hours a week or less (At least that's what she was told). She works 6-7 days straight and then gets 1 day off. She does like the fact that she doesn't work until between 5-6 p.m. to midnight or so. She likes having the days free!

6. Kayleigh

Kayleigh New Member

thanks for the info!! so does that mean we arent allowed to work over 44 hours on overtime then?! :(
    xxx

7. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

I just got my first schedule for training. I'm starting at like 6 and 7 most mornings next week. But i do get three days off. We'll see what it's like when I'm fully trained.

8. chendry

chendry New Member

Hey Everyone :D

I'm in the middle of applying for next year. Was wondering do you get to choose what job you do in the theme parks or do they decide for you?

9. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

You list your preferences of areas like Operations, Food and Bev, Custodial...that's about all the choice u get. The rest is up to them.