housekeeping?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by theraininvietnam, Jul 8, 2012.

1. theraininvietnam

theraininvietnam New Member

so i totally posted this topic in the CRP group by accident.... oops! newbie here! anyways, here is my original message from there.
    WAAY early in the game to be asking this (haven't even applied yet for 2013 but so stoked!!), but anyone know how the chances are of getting into the housekeeping jobs? i would DIE to work at one of the disney hotels, and i've gone through a lot of the posts and noticed there aren't a lot about housekeeping... is that not a big open position they usually have, or do i have a better chanceof getting into it because people don't like it as much?
    this is a GREAT forum btw, hope to see you all working for the mouse!!! fingers crossed for us all!!
    with love from CANADA!

2. DisneySparkles

DisneySparkles New Member

I don't think people doing the ICP can do housekeeping. We're there for too short of a period, or something. It depends on what country you're from though. Since you're from Canada, like me, that door is unfortunately closed

But, the good news is, you can work, merchandise and F&B at the resorts! Hope this helps! :)

3. Mr T

Mr T New Member

Hello

I have completed 2 college programs now and I can honestly say Housekeeping is an absolutely fantastic role, Im from the UK so its defiantly an option.

firstly the good points,

1) regular working hours majority of cm's work 8-4:30 so you always get your evenings to play in the parks (or pick up PAC shifts in MK like I did - I got to watch wishes every night and get paid for it)

2) you will always have enough hours, some ICP participants were given minimum hours, which yes is fine for enjoying yourself but not so good for the bank balance.

3) there is always overtime available - if you clean more rooms then your schedule your paid $9 per room - to put this in to perspective I could pick up an extra 3 rooms per day 4 days a week.

4) morale is so highly regarded by management, they arrange weekly celebrations we had cook outs and lunch time parties (well at least we did at pop cent dont know if this is a company wide thing, and you have such a good working relationship with other housekeepers.

5) TIPS !!! unofficial of course but it is highly likely you will be exposed to a gratuity at some point.

6) anything guests leave in the room (note there is a difference between lost property like an i phone, and discarded items like cans of coke the latter is all yours)

I would say there really is no bad side, but you do work hard, its physical demanding work and you are occasionally exposed to some things that are perhaps the nicest but this is infrequent. you always start early so not too many late night parites the night before *in theory cough cough*

seriously this is a great position, message me if you want to know more