Housing Preferences

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Cinderella90, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Cinderella90

Cinderella90 New Member

Hi!

I know shortly before we leave we can now use to Dorms system to list housing preferences and was wondering what opinion people had on the location they preferred or would rather avoid and why.

Many Thanks

;D

2. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Hello!!

Patterson Court is my first choice, its newer so the apartments are nicer..
    I wouldn't mind Chatham Court
    And The Commons was alright (I lived there on my last program) and has laundry facilities in the apartment which is great and saves money :D its quite old too
    Also these 3 are within walking distance of the Premium outlet mall :D

I want to avoid Vista Way, i've heard bad things about it, and it is the oldest of all the apartment complexes

3. Jenna88

Jenna88 Member

I'm in the Commons and really happy with my choice. It has a bus stop and laundry facilities in each apartment. 2 min walk from outlets.

They're all fine to be honest.

Vista= Own bus stop that most buses go to first. Shared washer and dryer between your block. Close to Walgreens, subway and dollar tree

Chatham = Own bus stop and opposite Mickey's Retreat (I haven't been yet so have no idea if it's good). Shared washer and dryer between your block. 5 min walk from outlets.

Patterson= Newest. No bus stop. 5 min walk from outlet. Shared washer and dryer between your block.

4. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I'll have you know Michelle Vista wasn't all that bad ;)

I lived there in 2006 and I know people say it's party central (and it probably is now) but I never heard any loud parties or the like. Also, people who say this about Vista clearly never went to the Commons. I loved the Commons, even if it was dangerously close to the outlet mall. Patterson Court would have been nice to live in; I loved the kitchens, but it is nice in the Commons that you don't have to pay for washing.

5. speilbilde

speilbilde New Member

The Commons is my first choice, because washers and dryers in the apartment sounds like heaven after four years of using laundry rooms in student dorms. Patterson and Chatham are my second choices, in that order. I'm sure Vista is fine and if I somehow end up there I'm sure I'll love it, but yeah, I've heard that it's the noisiest (and that The Commons is the least noisy, which is also a plus for me.) So it's funny that you say The Commons is the noisiest, @DisneyGibbs, because that's the opposite of what I've been hearing, haha. Still, that was 2006, so I'm sure it may have changed. :p