Housing Requests

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Snowheyoh, May 26, 2011.

1. Snowheyoh

Snowheyoh New Member

Hi there,

I know there is probably a thread about this somewhere, but I can't find it so here it goes...lol

I feel like I already know the answer to this but I'm going to ask anyway.
    Is there any chance you can request a certain apartment building or do you just go and they send you wherever they feel like it?
    I wanna be in Patterson, seems nicer...but...I also heard that it's only for College Program people.
    Please help.

Thanks!

2. ariella

ariella New Member

They pretty much put you wherever there is an open space. If by chance you don't like where you are living or don't get along with your roommates, you can request to change apartments. I think it costs $50 to do that.

You could end up living in Patterson. ICPs, CPs, and even some CRPs live there.

3. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

Loads of CRP's live in Patterson. They have about 5 or 6 blocks there that are reserved for CRP's.

If you're put in Commons, you can request to move to Patterson after 3 weeks. But once you move there, or if you're there to start with, you can't move back to Commons.

Commons for life though :) I was never a massive fan of Patterson.

4. Snowheyoh

Snowheyoh New Member

Patterson apartments just look more...new? I guess that would be because they are haha. Duh.
    Is Commons the one with free laundry?

Chatham and Vista Way are for CPs only right?

5. kate003

kate003 New Member

CPs and ICPS can/do live in Vista and Chatham. Patterson is the newest complex, it shares a bus stop with Chatham and has no laundry in the rooms (The Commons is the only complex with en-suite laundry because it was built for CRPs who are there for longer programs and they thought it would be a nice extra to have, where as Vista, Chatham and Patterson were built for the shorter programs). I lived in both the Commons and Patterson, when I go back it'll probably depend on what it's like, but Patterson was calmer when I was there, which would be nice.

6. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

See that's what I didn't like about it, when I went to visit my mates, I found it really boring. I'm not even the social butterfly really, I just liked watching the people walking past my window, at Patterson, it seems you see no one.

Patterson the apartments are nicer, but I found them to be smaller (I was really lucky with my apartment in Commons :)...915 for life haha!), and there's a lot more greenery and atmosphere in Commons. Perhaps I wouldn't have liked it so much had I been in an 8 bed in 28 lol!

7. kate003

kate003 New Member

I'm a little to easily influenced to join in when I'm completely surrounded in the fun, this time I have to save :p haha

8. EmilyJBC82

EmilyJBC82 New Member

commons for life!!!!!! i was in 114 and then 2411, loved it!!! commons is and always will be the true heart & soul of the CRP - sooo many great nights there, so many parties!!!! yes its older than patterson but its got a sort of charm to it and sooo much history!!!! (which im sure in time patterson will get!) also LOVED not having to pay to do your washing or have to trudge around to the laundry room - amazing!!!

COMMONS ALL THE WAYYYYY!

9. jslussier

jslussier New Member

I just hope they won't put me in Patterson first..that kind of suck that we can't move from Patterson...

10. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

Agreed ;D.
    I used to love it when the Patterson lot would have their costume creased or something and I'd be like 'just bung it in the dryer...oh....wait...' haha. And all the boys would have green shirts because they'd but them in with their blue breeches so save on a wash. Some of them would preach so much about how great Patterson was, I shan't lie, it sometimes gave me great satisfaction when they got off the bus in the rain...or with Walmart bags, with the 10 minute walk ahead of them muhaha.

11. Yasmin

Yasmin New Member

Patterson definitely looks nice because it's a lot newer and all, but.. Like said before me, Commons is the heart and soul of the CRP! I feel like everything goes down there, all the parties etc and it would suck not being able to be there after 1 AM! I really hope they put me in Commons again this time :)

Ohh and the fact that Patterson does *not* have washers and dryers in the apartments is a big deal for me, lol.

12. sarahpaola

sarahpaola New Member

i start in december and i really wouldn`t be happy if they put me in patterson or something...i wanna live in the commons!!!! everybody tells me its the real CRPs housing complex so i think you would probably feel lonely in some way living in patterson court!

commons commons commons ;)

13. lilacwhisper

lilacwhisper New Member

I don't want to pay 1$ every time I need to wash my clothes... I'd rather handwash them in a basin :p
    Well, though I wouldn't exactly define myself as a party animal, I'm not antisocial and I wouldn't mind joining parties sometimes ;) so the Commons complex would be rather appreciated ::) Anyway, I do hope apartments will be quite clean on our arrival: I don't expect a five-star hotel, just a clean room without bugs (someone once wrote there were roaches in their flat :eek: ).

14. daria

daria Member

I want commons as well for the washing machines, i dont want to have to pay to do my washing, that would just suck, plus i think commons sounds fun.

15. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

Just to warn you then, in Florida, they get bugs everywhere. I know people that have had them in their flat, I know people that had to move flats because they had bees in it (and that was in Patterson), I had a gecko in my flat, my mate had a frog lol. I've also seen roaches in various restaurant. Knowing the amount of pest control Disney does, I've just come to the conclusion that they're everywhere, pretty much indestructable and there's not a lot they can do about them...just like ants here.

16. lilacwhisper

lilacwhisper New Member

I'm terrified by roaches :'( Well, more disgusted than terrified, but... :-X
    I live near the countryside, on the outskirt of the city, so I'm quite used to bugs (ants, bees, etc...) entering my bedroom through the window, but roaches are something I can't really stand :D

17. kate003

kate003 New Member

Before my first contract all I wanted was to be in Commons, I actually stressed about it all the way down on my flight and was almost scared to see where my room assignment was because I wanted the Commons SOO BADLY and thought my contract wouldn't be as good without it. Luckily I was in the Commons and spent 11 beautiful months there!!

The reason I originally moved to Patterson in my last month was because I needed to get away from someone (or i would have stayed in Commons), and it turned out being so much cleaner (my Commons apartment ended up having a huge hole in the floor, and I had a friend's apartment that was condemned, and another's flooded because the plumbing on the floors above them broke!), bigger, I got to live with a best friend, and I had so many clothes and 'under clothes' i never had to do laundry so it didn't matter.

There were also a lot of great people living in Patterson and lots of the time it was people from the Commons having to leave at 1am, or hoping fences.
    Both Complexes have their pluses and minuses, and pretty much everyone is going to want the Commons (it IS the CRP complex after all!) but don't be too worried/disappointed if Patterson is where you are placed. A lot of good friends spent their entire contracts there and loved it!

18. omarss

omarss New Member

as long I as i get a room, i will be happy..at any complex.. :D

19. Snowheyoh

Snowheyoh New Member

I'm just nervous because everyone says that if you are in Commons, you don't get much sleep because of the parties and such.

That would be bad for me because I have epilepsy...and mine is triggered by sleep deprivation, not strobe lights/lasers and all that jazz, like most.

The laundry would definitely be a plus though.

20. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

I wouldn't worry too much, if you have parties going on in your building, you can just ring security who'll come break it up. If they're going on all the time, go talk to housing and they'll sort it.

My apartment was on the ground floor, right on the main road through Commons, the only problem I had was drunk people going past my window at 2am, but it really wasn't that bad, and you'd get that at Patterson too, especially on a Monday night. You're probably more likely to get sleep deprivation from going to Chillers or Cowboys and being at work at 10 the next day lol.