How long have you wanted to work for "The Mouse"?!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CanadaMan, Mar 21, 2005.

1. CanadaMan

CanadaMan New Member

Hey everyone, If you haven't seen any of my posts yet I'm Jase,

I'm just wondering how long all of you have wanted to work at Disney World, i'd say for most of us its been since we were kids. After all Disney is every kids dream.

For me, its been since I was in grade 9 and went to Disney world, I met some people in the canada pavilion and they told me how awesome it was, ever since then, its been a dream, that will now become a reality in september.

I cant wait,

see you all there!!

Jase Gray

2. A. LO

A. LO New Member

i've always loved epcot, even when i was really young! i got interested in working there a few years ago. my mom always told me it would be so neat to work there so i guess i took her advice and went for it! :D

3. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

i dont' know how long I've wanted to work there- since I was little probably- but I found out about the programme and hence a relatively 'easy' :eek: way to get to work there almost 4 years ago now! :D
    Charlotte x

4. robynchic

robynchic New Member

I've wanted to work for Disney since I was really little. I suppose...since I was about 6-7. The really funny thing is that I had an exchange student from Azerbaijan when I was in 11th grade, and my family went to Disney for New Years (it's a tradition that we do that whenever we visit family in south FL to make a stop in Orlando) I said to her, "One day, I want to be one of those characters in the costumes!"

Now I work for the Mouse! lol

5. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

I first went to disney world when I was 11 (or was i 12? umm don't matter!) and loved it! 13 vacations later and now I'm 21 I'm gonna be working there on sept 6th! woo hoo! can't wait!
    I was last there in november and on the last day of the vacation I was sat in china at world showcase eating beef fried rice and I said to my mum and dad that if there is one thing I do next year (it was 2004 then) it will be work here! and my dream came true! roll on september!!! can't wait to meet up with everybody!!!

6. Marie

Marie Guest

Ive watched disney movies all my life... didnt hear about working there till Dec 03... in the states i went to college program talk... they told me there was an international one but by time i applied all interview slots were full.

I then last september tried to apply for college program but i couldnt cos of graduating. I randomly sent an e mail back to yummy thanking them and asked if there were any other programs.

I was thrilled over the 1 year one it was exactly what i was after!

xxx

7. funshine

funshine New Member

hi jase how r u doing? I have wanted to work for disney for as long as I can remember. And let me tell you. I have been down here since sept working in the canadain pav, And it is the most amazing thing ever.

As the days go on it gets better and better

8. Chloe

Chloe New Member

I never actually thought about working at the park until pretty recently. But for the company? A scarily long time lol. I won a competition for a behind the scenes tour at the Pixar Studio's in SF a while back (on Live & Kicking if you fancy a bit of nostalgia lol) - and if I wasn't addicted before then...!

9. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

well i honestly cant remember a time i didnt want to work there. the first time i went i was 3. now its just like going home every year. it seemed like the most natural thing in the world to want to work there! I've been 18 time!lol

I remember when i was about 4 we were walking up main street, and i told my mum i was gonna live in the castle when i was older and work for mickey mouse!lol

xxx

10. Marie

Marie Guest

And now u r linz!

I remember Live and kicking Chloe!

xxx

11. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

maybe not living in the castle!!haha :(

I loved live and kicking! it was like church lol! every sat morning!

xx

12. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

wow! you went behind the scenes at pixar! how cool is that?!!?! was it good?? or is that a daft question? lol

13. Chloe

Chloe New Member

Lol it was freakin amazing! It was halloween so everyone was dressed as Disney characters. All the animators can decorate their work area as they like so one guy had a big top circus tent over his desk, another had built a mud hut *lol* It was fabulous.
    I was watching preview trailers for the new movies when this random voice came out from behind me 'I'm a beautiful butterfly!' - I turned around and Joe Ranft is standing there - he's the story supervisor & asst director on A Bug's Life, Toy Story etc etc AND the voice of Heimlich! *lol* It was insane. He gave me this huge 'making of' book about a Bug's Life, drew Heimlich in the front & signed it for me :)
    We watched an unreleased trailer for Toy Story 2 & he told me he does Wheezy the Penguin's voice- and proceeded to do it *lol*

So much more but this would be an incredibly long post!

14. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

WOW ;D! How amazing was that!!! Woweee is all I can think, must be out of this world incredible! You're so lucky! (and I remember Live and Kicking too! ;)
    Charlotte x

15. SaraC

SaraC New Member

awww well i first went there at the tender age of 6, 13 holidays later im still crazy bout the place lol!

but my nan reminded me the other week when i was there and i was 8 and i said 2 her i was gona work in disney when i was older, she never believed me, well im a girl of my word ;) lol

and live & kickin, i do remember..... i was on it LOL

xxx

16. Marie

Marie Guest

Awww Sar thats so sweet! (btw when were u on lIve and kicking?)

I said when i was like 5 looking at a picture atlas that i was gonna live in new york then florida then settle in california.
    Well i lived in New York state last year and now im going to live in florida - fingers crossed california follows!

That must have been so cool Chloe!

xxx

17. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

chloe, I'm sure you'll be able to tell me all about it when I see ya in florida! it sounds sooo cool! I love heimlich, it's totally mad that he did the voice for you bet it was amazing!! wow

18. Chloe

Chloe New Member

Definately :) You have yourself officially booked in for the whole story hehe I'll bring the pictures too

19. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol marie!

i was on live and kickin when otis, trey, katy hill & sarah cawood, did it! bet ull never guess who i was on with LOL

xxx

20. Marie

Marie Guest

Im guessing Westlife - though was Live and kicking still on in 99? If not its gotta be a boyband...

xxx