How long?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by doddi92, Apr 11, 2010.

1. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Applying in June, but how long do you have to wait to find out if you've made it through to the phone interview? Would love to get to know some people who are applying :) x

2. jslussier

jslussier New Member

I think it depens but in my case it takes a week. They send me back an e-mail saying that I will ear about the Face 2 face interview in a couple of weeks...

3. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

Hey!!

I'm applying in June too :)

I can't tell you about the time between applying and being told whether you've got a phone interview or not, but I did ask a similar question and got this reply from a very useful forum member:

Quote from: VikkiLillyBee on April 08, 2010, 01:19:58 AM
    Bare in mind that although the recruitment process starts in June, the F2F interviews haven't been until October the last couple of years.

So we've got a bit of a long wait for the whole process. eek!

4. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

Ooh and this:

The applications re-open in June, but they won't start looking at them until the start of August. That's two months gone. Then it takes a couple of weeks to look through them all, and a couple of weeks to let people prepare for phone interviews. That's another month gone.

^^ From VikkiLillyBee

5. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Thanks :) Thinking about it I've read that already, silly me! ::)

6. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

No worries, these forums make me super excited and I forget what i've already read and end up having to re-read most of it! :D

7. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

At least I'm not the only one then! How old are you?

8. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

I'm 21 so think I might be a little bit older than the usual 1st time applicants. :S

9. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

think again! lol there are a lot of older applicants, take me for example, i first applid last year when i was 22 and will be applying again in august (for the third time! lol) when im 23 :p so dont worry :)

10. KingDavid

KingDavid New Member

Agreed.
    I'm 28, met 2 29yr olds, another 28yr old and a lady who was easily in her late 30's.

11. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

Ooh, I didn't realise! I heard that there were kinda two groups, under 21's and over 21's so that makes sense really. I thought people generally started to apply after school/college - but this is fab! :D Good luck both of you! :D

12. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

You'll find that a lot of applicants are applying after uni, so that puts them at 22 upwards. There's also no upper age limit on the CRP, so they don't mind. In fact, with the amount of experience they seem to want, being older is more likely!

I have a friend who'll be applying with me in August, and she's in her 30s. You wouldn't know it though, she's young at heart! :D

13. leomgray

leomgray New Member

There was a guy out on the CRP last year who was in his 40's, i mean there definately no set age as to who applies cause anyone and everyone applies

14. helveticarock

helveticarock New Member

i don't think they can put an age limit on applicants as long they're capable of doing the job because disney is an equal-opportunity employer.

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Well yes of course there is no age limit, i mean that is illegal anyway!

16. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Hehe yeah, that was Daz. Can't believe we're all beginning to be home now. Sad times. I'm reapplying in June and if I go out (and that's a big if because I've applied to other areas of Disney) then I shall be 25. Scary times! You tend to find on the CRP that applicants are a bit older than usual. It's so weird when a new arrival group comes and they've all just finished college. Everyone is young at heart anyway so you never notice if people are older.

17. MeganHitachiin

MeganHitachiin New Member

I find looking through the crp forums you find the majority are in fact older because for a fair number the did university first and since this doesn't have an upper age cap there are a wide range of ages ... I mean I am in the younger crowd but at the interview I went to there was definitely a much larger group in there 20s

18. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

absolutely, i'll be 20 by the time i get out there if ever. i'm 19 at the moment :) should be fun turning 21 out there though!