How many Disney Movies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leomgray, May 16, 2008.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

The Majority of all my Disney films are on VHS and i cnt watch them in my room because ive put my video player away. I watched the rest of ratatouille today and watched the aristocats the other day which i haven't seen in years.

2. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

yeh most of mine are vhs too, but I'm veeery slowely collecting them on dvd. Does anyone still watch the Disneyworld adverts at the start of the old classics, I like the one that has the mickey mouse hot air balloon on it, where the kid falls asleep and he's dreaming. aaaawww. And it's got the Michael Jackson ride on it too. :) :)

3. Cicada

Cicada New Member

I personally think I have around 40 on DVD, but as a family we have tons of DVD and even more on VHS (including the random ones that alot of people don't know about like Song of the South and Black Couldren). I like that they are slowly bringing all the old ones onto DVD

4. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

I've never seen those old ones that no one really knows about. I will though...I might download them I know everyone says it's really bad but I want to see The Black Cauldron. Is it really that bad??

5. Kirbie

Kirbie New Member

The Black Cauldron isn't that great, it's always scared my a little too!!
    Worth a watch tho i think.

I counted my DVD collection and i have 28 Disney DVD's (i bought 5 more yesterday!), and then i have around another 25 on VHS, but luckily i still have a video player so its not that bad!

6. nikiolola

nikiolola New Member

Awww I watched the Black Cauldren a couple of weeks ago and thought it was quite cute!

I think I've probably only got 10 or so on VHS and DVD because we used to have a lot recorded on tape off the tv and my mother threw them out :-[

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I love Song of the South, that was one of the first Disney films i watched, i wouldnt say that is a random one. I have seen the black Cauldren and i did not like it, lol. Was scary. I used to have Mickey's Christmas Carol (I think that is what it was called) and i loved it, it was amazing. But we gave it to my next door neighbours little girls along with some of my other disney videos but not any of the classics, obviously. I was looking on imdb of all the disney films ever made and it would take me soooooo long to watch them, i do not even think half of them are easily found to watch.

8. Freckles

Freckles Guest

its a shame that song of the south was never released. i love the movie and thinks it is awesome. my boyfriend's happy place is in splash mountain!!!

9. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

Yeah I never really knew about Song of the South till recently and I always wondered what Splash Mountain was based on lol. But yeah I LOVE that ride, it's my happy place too (as well as Disneyland of course) ;D

10. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Haha yeah, so the reason we have song of the south is because my mum used to work at the Disney Store. and we went to a big party with all of the cast members and families where we split into groups and played games. I was on the winning team and we all won copies of it.... with asian subtitles during all of the songs. But it is a good movie! I guess it's not so random with other Disney dorks, but most people don't know what it is. We also have some of the old school Mickey Mouse Club on DVD, it's pretty fun!

11. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

I love the Song of the South.

But I thougt the seeling of it was banned
    mainly because it showed the period
    of slavery in America, something out of place if u ask me.

There are loads of other, and more crude, movies of slavery.
    Like Amistad, and those are not banned,

Hope I can get a copy, though

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I love Splash Mountain because it is based around Song of the South. Ye, i do see what you mean Robb, it does send out a bad message but it is a great film. Zip-ah-dee-do-dah!

13. Freckles

Freckles Guest

ive had this discussion before, ive studied american history and i see the film as being historically accurate, its america not wanting to remember its past (sorry i hve had a bad day of work and it appears my anger is being taken out here...i mean no offense).

ont he film Walt got in black people to consult about the slavery period and he tried to get it as accurate as possible. its a good film cos in a way uncle remus is considered part of the family, the fact that they trust him witht eh kids...at the beginning.

14. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I've found 35 but there are loads in the depths of my sisters room ;D Getting Disney videos are a collection of my favourite childhood memories, because my Grandma used to take me to Disney store to pick a video if I was good all day when we went shopping :) I only own one DVD, "The Little Mermaid" :)

15. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

They sell it on Amazon.co.uk and .com. Here's the link to .co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Song-South-Ruth-Warrick/dp/B00004RO2K

16. leomgray

leomgray New Member

You do not seem angry by ur post. I think it is a sad film though.

17. Freckles

Freckles Guest

ok maybe it sounded angrier in my head lol.
    it is a good film morally. i want a book of the uncle remus stories.

18. leomgray

leomgray New Member

lol, how cool would that be.

19. Freckles

Freckles Guest

you can get really nice editions of the books, but you have to really search.

20. Cicada

Cicada New Member

The book would be really good. I may look into getting that. I used to have a book with stories about brer rabbit when I was a kid and I wish I still had it