How much do you ACTUALLY earn?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by win101, Apr 9, 2008.

1. win101

win101 New Member

Just wondering from previous CMs what the actual pay rates are (roughly) after everything has been taken off (accomodation, tax etc).

I am going to be working in Merch but I guess there will be other people working elsewhere who might be interested in other roles so put it down if you know!

Thanks

2. I will be custodial and I know that I will be being payed $7.13 per hour which is actually more than I thought it was going to be. However, when tax, housing, etc is taken off goodness knows what we will be left with.

3. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

It depends on how much you work, but usually between $100 and $200.

4. moisesum

moisesum New Member

That's per week, right?

5. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

yes per week. i usually got at least $150 per week, after tax and housing.

Your first pay check will be much smaller as you wont be doing as many house as much because you'll be in training and 2 weeks worth of rent is taken out of your first check.

6. Kevus

Kevus New Member

how did you know exactly.. i have a range of what i can be paid

7. dberridge

dberridge New Member

$150 is that in Custodial?
    That's more than I thought to be fair

8. dberridge

dberridge New Member

You'll see it when you get you VISA stuff mate
    :)

9. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

it's usually about 150 a week.
    if you work as a server you make like 2 billion a week
    if you're an IP, it also depends what pavilion you work at... some participants pay more rent than the rest of us, like france and Italy (I think they are two of them), they ave their special ID as well... the green one, that says "participant" instead of the regular yellow one
    and if you have disney pay for you plane ticket, that will be deducted from your paycheck the first few months,
    and insurance will also be deducted if you choose to buy disney's
    but usually it's a 150

10. yeh i got it in my pack with my visa information on the opening letter.

11. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

mine is $6.79 for merch

12. ToddyBee

ToddyBee New Member

$7.65 as character, whoop! but apparently yummy jobs takes a dollar off u for every hour u work :-S that is if uve gone thru them!

13. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

Huh? Yummy takes money off your paycheck? How does that work?

14. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

thats a rumor which seems to come around every year, which i don't think is true... americans get the same amount and they have no recruiting agency, like yummy, to go through!

15. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

I know that when you're a server you get paid alot more cuz of tips but your hourly wage is around $3 so your actual paycheck won't be that much...what if your paycheck can't cover rent for the week? can you pay in cash or something?

16. nammyIT

nammyIT Member

yes, i am a server in the italian pavilion and our paycheck is zero almost every week. we can pay cash the rent...then every pavilion is different, we are partecipant.....but we do get a lot of cash tips every night....

17. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Ususally, if you work normal hours, the pay will be enough to cover the rent. Remember that when you get gratuity, it'll come on your pay check, so it's not always that small! And if the pay is not enough to cover the rent one week, they'll deduct two rents the next week or something...