How was the DDO?!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Tinks, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Hey there,

this is to everyone who went on the DDO.

How did it go?

Did u all have fun??

Was the disney proms in the park as great as it sounded?

Kerry

2. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Hey Kerry

I had a really good weekend!! we went on an open top bus ride of london and I found out loads I didn't know. WE went to the Disney store (obviously!) and the Proms were amazing!!! really fantastic! they're being shown on tv at xmas...but I doubt you'll see us huddled under our umbrella!!!

Ellen x

3. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Lol! It was amazing :D! Had so much fun- was a really great weekend! ;D I'll repeat Ellen in saying the proms was fantastic! Shame about the rain, but we sang louder than most of the kids- and didn't need the words at all! :p
    Charlotte x

4. Matt Gilbert

Matt Gilbert New Member

sounded really good! Wish I went :(

5. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

My goodness, what's happened ??? It didn't recognise my username so had to create it again!
    DDO was great. Good to put faces to names :). Glad the proms were good. Gutted I couldn't make it, but I still had fun :D
    Dan x

6. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

I echo what dan charlotte and ellen said - had a great weekend! Pity I had to miss the proms, they sound great - will def be watching it on tv at christmas!!

The sightseeing tour around was so cool, the guide was really funny and made jokes that only the four of us seemed to get!!!

The hotel was really nice - well found Charlotte!!!

Was great to meet people and put names to faces - will def have to try and have another one so more people can go!!!!

Michelle xx

7. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

Yes, hotel was really nice and bus tour was hilarious. I particularly liked the bit about how 'hang, drawn and quartered' should actually be 'HUNG, drawn and quartered', but for obvious reasons had to be changed, he he ;D

8. tiggercharlotte

Wrong way round hun! Pub is called hung, drawn and quartered- but should really be hanged, drawn and quartered! English is so confusing ???!
    Charlie x

9. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Sounds like good fun,

wish I could have gone

Kerry

10. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

Oops, silly me :-[

11. DisneyMichelle

When the guide said that joke about how they shoudn't really say 'hung' cos it has a different meaning in the English language, I dont think any of the many Americans on the bus quite got the joke, but the four of us found it very funny - along with the 'BBLB' joke!

Michelle x

12. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

@ Dan: In case you forgot to find out, in a boring moment of time at work today, I found out that the OXO tower is currently used as an arcade of shops bars and restaurants and has lots of arty/design studios in it....I couldn't find out what it used to be used for....I'm still going with the theory that OXO was made there!!!

30 mins to go at work .....last day tomorrow :D whoo-hoo YEAH BABY!! this last half hour is taking fooooooooooorrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

ellen x

13. DisneyMichelle

I think they must have made OXO there - or else whats the point of the name!!!! ???

After all the guide did say that everything in London is named after what it used to do!!!! :)

14. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Maybe it stands for someone's name...Oliver Xavier Oswald...... :-\

disclaimer: not a real person, I made him up...so no asking who he is!! hee hee!! :D

15. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

Cheers Ellen ;D. I've so got to go and have meal and shop there at some point. Congrats on finishing work :D x

16. DisneyMichelle

Cant believe none of us mentioned TGI Fridays!!!!!

Not the food or the amazing cocktails - but the extremely cute guy who served us the cocktails!!!!! Cant wait to see your sneeky picture of him Charlotte!!!!!

Michelle xx

17. tiggercharlotte

Hehe I'd forgotten about him! :-[ Lol! I'll try and get the photos developed on monday- then I can post them and see whether that one came out! ;D He was very cute! ;)
    Charlotte x

18. DisneyMichelle

He was wasnt he!!! ;)

Hopefully that picture of him will come out!!! Was very sneaky so fingers crossed you got him in it ;D

Michelle xx

19. tiggercharlotte

I hope so! It was only a sideways view though :( cos I wasn't going to stand there looking like an idiot waiting for him to turn round! ;)
    Charlotte x

20. DisneyMichelle

I'm sure he'll still look hella cute from the side!! :-*