HRC and Medical Insurance

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by -Jamie-, Dec 8, 2007.

1. -Jamie-

-Jamie- New Member

Heya!

I got my first letter from the HRC about working there...

It said I only needed 4 months of medical insurance and would be on disney from then on!

Any ideas about this?

Regards,
    Jamie

2. steve200485

steve200485 New Member

hey, you only need to pay for insurance for your trial period, so you only need to get insrance for the first 4 months, then disney sort out the rest of the year for you, yummy jobs have a few companys that they use for us to get cheaper insurance!

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- New Member

I was only wandering because before I thought HRC people needed insurance for the whole time, HRC people.. any idea?

Jamie

4. CPB

CPB New Member

I would get your own insurance for the whole year. I doubt it has changed since I was there. As you don't work for Disney you will not get the Disney insurance.

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- New Member

Just as a followup to this, I emailed Yummyjobs.

According to them people on HRC do just need the 4 months, im not sure when this changed.

Regards,
    Jamie

6. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

When I was on the CRP we had to get insurance for the first four months and was told we got the Disney one after that. But we had to pay for the Disney one too, you don't just get it for free... But it's up to you if you want the Disney one or just have something else.

7. dannyrock4

dannyrock4 New Member

hey, how are you?

I recommend you get insurance for the whole year, the disney one isnt that good and dont cover much. Anyway I work in Hrc its a small shop in the middle of the uk merch shops, there are 5 of us that work here, but its a good laugh. Ok have you also got any facebook/myspace or bebo?

Speak soon,

Danny

8. disneyprincess87

disneyprincess87 New Member

Hey Danny, what do you guys actually do in HRC? What program do you have to be on to work there? ???

9. CPB

CPB New Member

Danny - does HRC IP cast members now get Disney benefits like their insurance? I just remember you guys didn't get anything except entrance to the parks for yourself. Do you get anything else now too?

10. CPB

CPB New Member

disneyprincess87 - When you are at the face-to-face interviews for the Cultural Representative International Program, you will be asked where you would like to work - F&B, Merchandise or Historic Research Center. They are all on the Q1 visa. However, and Danny can correct me if I'm wrong, if things have changed. As HRC is a participant company you do not get all the benefits and perks that you would get if working directly for Disney.

11. dannyrock4

dannyrock4 New Member

yeah, we look up loads of family history stuff for guests, its not part of disney, owned by other people, still need the same visa and still go through disney applications etc back home, why? are you going to come and work with us. We only get the same benifits as before, like we dont get the full benfits, but thats ok its all good fun!!!

12. disneyprincess87

disneyprincess87 New Member

lol, no I was just curious! I'm hoping to come out and work in f&b in UK but have to get through the intervirews first!

13. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Wow, I didn't know you could do the HRC too... But I guess that's just something you British guys can do? Since the English pavilion have that family thingy I mean...

14. dannyrock4

dannyrock4 New Member

yeah f&b is better, as you would earn loads and loads of cash as a server, as you get tipped, its hard work, but most people n f&b go on trip around america, like vegas, ny etc, although im going to NY next month, just need to know how to save, good luck in ya interviews though. ;)

15. ash08

ash08 New Member

im not hrc but disney dont sort ur insurance out they give u a package
    so if i was u id get 1 for the year
    mine has jus run out and they send u a package
    its very unfair that ur tld 1 fing and then another happens

but wenever ur coming out is a laugh

16. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

I take medicine for anxiety and I'm so paranoid about these plans. (HA! what a coincidence)
    My insurance here will not cover me if I am not in school and am over 21. By the time I would be leaving I would be 21. I live in Canada and have had free health care my whole life. If I wouldn't be able to be on a plan my medication would cost like over 200 bucks an month!

So if I paid for insurance here...and then my insurance company would only cover up to three months. So I guess I would try to get my parents to fedex up my medication?

GAH!
    All this silly old insurance!

So what happens if I break my leg?
    Or if I get sick?!
    Will I have to pay for everything. If my plan is at home, will I have to pay for it and then get reimbursed later?