HRC Merchandise Applicants

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Marie, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Everyone!

I just joined this forum today. I just had my face to face interview in Glasgow last week and am nervously awaiting the results.

My first choice is the History Resource Centre Merchandising and i wondered if anyone else on these forums had applied for this or if any alumni had done it before - i think its quite a new job from what they said. ive also got Merchandise down as my second choice and F&B as my third - though i would happily take any job as like everyone on here i'd love to work for Disney.

Good Luck to everyone who has just been interviewed.

Marie
    :D

2. sarahuk

sarahuk New Member

They must be just starting to use IPs for this coz i've not heard of it happening before - when i was there they were phasing out the americans and bringing in UK nationals who lived in orlando permanently. Sounds a good idea though, stops people complaining that there are americans working in the UK pavilion, especially since they wore the same costumes as merchandise.

One thing you might find if you're in HRC is that you'll be stuck in that 1 shop all the time. It's not the most interesting of shops, although it is always busy, and trust me, you're bored enough even with the rotational bump that moves you round all the stores!

On the other hand, castmembers there earned commission (don't know if it'd be the same for you?) and they always seemed to do pretty well in takings. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter anyway, you'll have a great time wherever you end up!

Good luck with your application.

Sarah :)

3. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hey Marie, welcome to the boards!!!

At my interview in London a week or so ago now, Julie said that this was the first year that they were recruiting for the HRC positions through the cultural representative programme.

Think the job would appeal if you were nterested in business as they said it would involve business plans etc. I didnt put this down as one of my options as we had to mention it in the interview if we were interested and i didnt but if they offered me it i wouldnt say no!!!

Good luck, hope we all hear some news soon,

Michelle xx

4. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Everyone!
    Thanks for your responses Sarahuk and DisneyMichelle!

I put down HRC as im currently a Business student so i thought it might be stuff ive done before on my course. When i talked to Julie about it in the interview it sounded like it would be ideal for me.

Sarahuk - they didnt mention commision so i doubt we would get it. How many people approx worked in HRC when you were there? As i got the impression they wouldn't be recruiting very many for it. I hope ive not narrowed down my chances by putting it as my first choice. i'd be over the moon if Disney offered me any job.

DisneyMichelle did you meet any HRC applicants in London? im sure quite a few must have put it down across the interviews. Good Luck with your interview result - i take it you are waiting anxiously like me for December 10th! What month would you be going out? I'd be hoping to go end of May/early June... id love to go earlier but i have to finish my course.

Hope we all get good news soon... im worried that if i dont get it and are lucky enougth to still get waitlisted - that will mean more waiting... i think we've still got a wait ahead of us though, as Julie said her and Dru don't arrive back in Orlando until today. So maybe tomorrow they will start going through the applications, depending on whether they need a day off for jet lag maybe even Wednesday... Good Luck everyone!
    Marie :)

5. DisneyMichelle

I didnt meet anyone applying for the HRC positions at the interiew, but Julie did say in the presentation that they were recruiting two or three people for it.

Dont worry about it narrowing your chances - if anything it widens them as you now have three job options whereas those of us who didnt mention it only have two!!!

Ive got no restrictions as to when I can go - the earlier the better for me!! Am really hoping for something ni March or April - but Ill wait longer if I need to!!!! I just REALLY want the job!!!

I hope we dont have to wait until December 10th - hopefully we'll hear something sooner than that!!! Dont know how much more waiting I can take!!!!

Michelle xx

6. sarahuk

sarahuk New Member

Marie, HRC is only a small shop - there were only about 5 people working there, never more than 3 at a time. It's in between 2 other shops tho so you will have regular merchandise people either side of you to chat to when its quiet.

Don't worry about narrowing your chances, if anything it gives you a better chance as there's more positions they can place you in, and it shows you really want to do the program.

7. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Sarahuk and Disneymichelle, Thankyou so much for responding to my post. My yellow card arrived today saying im under consideration and oh my goodness i cannot stop shaking.
    Can they still reject me? Sarahuk how long after your card had arrived did you have to wait for the phonecall?

Good Luck Disneymichelle hopefully your card will arrive with good news today!

Marie :)

8. DisneyMichelle

it did and it was good news!

Fingers crossed for us and everyone else!!!

Michelle xx

9. sarahuk

sarahuk New Member

Marie - i got my yellow card about a week after the interview, but i still didn't get a call till the very last day they said they would call by! It was the same for most people i arrived with but i think that was because it was about 7 months before my start date, i think people who were leaving sooner generally got called first.

Try not to think about it too much tho - you'll drive yourselves mad!!!