HURRY UP APRIL!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by georgie92, Mar 8, 2011.

1. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Well i hope they throw us all off, and we hear thursday :p

2. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

When I spoke to Yummy they informed me that the plan was to email everyone on the same or at least as close to the same day as possible, depending on applicants that way there will be consistency across the board for who finds out when. I expect though they will have a yes day and a no day.

3. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

I said Wed first (although I shall share) ha ha ha :)

4. mushu

mushu New Member

I'm reckoning on Thursday...that's when I start my new job, so its bound to be then!!

5. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

Last time everyone ehard pretty much the same time just after 5 on a friday all the yes and no people so i think they will do the same again send out both lots - itsd just a standard email with the name changed on the front so it wont take them long to do ocne they have decicded really

6. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

Do the interns normally send no's and yummy staff yes'. Or was that just a rumour?

7. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Last round of applications, they sent out phone interview emails before apps had even closed. Then they sent them at a different time to people had applied later (people who applied after the initial phone interviews were handed out). I had my email around 3:30pm on a Tuesday afternoon. That was directly from Hannah, and the subject said 'You have been invited to a phone interview at Yummy Jobs!'. The email about the f2f came from the Yummy intern account, and that was the account we had to send our interview acceptance email to. The results from the f2f- Waitlisters got it from the Yummy intern account (I'm assuming this was the same for people outright rejected) and people who got dates straight away got their emails directly from Nick.

This is just what happened the last round of apps, it could be different each application round.

8. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

Cool that was nice for the phone interviews that they told you in the subject line, hope they do that again

9. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Nah, I want the whole 'Academy Award' thing of having to open the envelope to find out if I'm a winner or a loser :p

10. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

you don't need an envelope to know you are a winner

edit

loser

edit

winner

hmm to be nice or nasty

11. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Day 1 of 5 gone
    unless they e-mail in the next like.. half an hour.. unlikely?

12. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

I like your positivity Park, it's gonna be this week mofo's!

13. pinkspideruk

they emailed at something stupid like 5.42 pm last time but i am not holding out any hope for tonight now

14. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

Is it just me who partly doesn't want to know as it is better to think you may get through, than know you haven't? ;D

15. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

I just wanna know one way or the other. If it's a no then I can book my flight to Toronto and get the F out of the UK again! :p

16. catfish278

catfish278 Member

To be honest they might use an automated program to send out mass emails which uses a database to change the name in each email. Geek moment over :p Who knows!

17. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

The thought of some poor temp or YTS kid having to change the names on a thousand emails had crossed my mind!

18. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

If I was that poor temp, I know what I would do,

Dear Mr Jones (DELETE) Dear Me, You are off to WDW, forget about the other interviews, I will be sorting MY visa, very soon.

Oh Jason - can I have a word about my future within the company......

hee hee

19. pinkspideruk

20. meganlauren

meganlauren New Member

Got an email today, Didn't get through. Absolutely gutted, words can't even describe. Good luck to the rest of you :)
    Doubt I'll apply again in August, the wait to even find out about phone interviews is too long. I finish college in June, I need to have a plan not waiting around for 4 months!