I just realised...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Disney_Geek, Jul 18, 2008.

1. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

Wey hew, al's tell yae this for newt. Its varnigh starvation oot there, howay doon to the boozah, pet. Yas aalreet, ye are, how's it gannin lyk?

2. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i had someone from durham come into mcdonalds and he was amazed i could understnad him. it took me a while to get used to the accent but once i got going i was fine. he used to work in peterborugh and needed reminding of where things were lol.

the brummies can be hard to understand, my parents say its like they are singing.

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Were aw braw wae the slang like! Ye, i am now annoying myself with it. I wonder what it would be like if we all spoke slang if we were on the program?

4. CharlotteSparkle

hehe it would get very annoying very quickly. And confusing.

5. Freckles

Freckles Guest

im confused by just reading it!

6. CharlotteSparkle

I just realised I'm a Senior Member now too!!!!

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Well done.

Ye, it can be confusing. The different dialects in scotland can be very confusing, it would amaze you how different the accent is from where i stay to the city.

8. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

many of my uni friends tried to copy my accent but failed was quite funny though hearing people from London tried to do a Leeds yorkshire accent

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

hehe, what uni do you go to? what do you study?

10. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I'm from Surrey and people think I'm Australian! Even at work! I'm like....nooooooooo I'm just well spoken LOL. Mum would tell you it's because she was born in Royal Tunbridge Wells.

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Wheres that?
    Why do they think your australian?

12. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Maybe because I don't have an accent? I think its because some of the words I say sometimes sound vaguely Amercian LOL. Otherwise, I have no idea.

13. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Well when i was in spain on an immersion trip, the spanairds thought the three of us from my school were German, lmao. We dont even know why, we think it is because we all had light hair.

14. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

i go to Leeds Met and in my 2nd yr studying international tourism management

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

wow, thats so cool

16. CharlotteSparkle

Is anyone else studying anything not remotely Disney related? Like not tourism or management etc? Don't think Archaeology will really be helpful in intervew.

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I'm doing Microbiology, that has nothing related to disney!

18. CharlotteSparkle

oh ok, I'm not the only one then!! Microbiology sounds very complicated

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, its quite complex, i dont know if ill last through the whole four years!

20. CharlotteSparkle

Of course you will, you wouldn't have got in if they didn't think you could do it, and there's always plenty of help around if you need it!!