I just realised...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Disney_Geek, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Freckles

Freckles Guest

never have i, i like to get a couple after a holiday (my dad did that for me last holiday).

oooh yay :D i will have to search for them next time i go. I am also going to look for a Kala one (just cos she has a similar name to me :) ) and Terk.

congrats on your 1000 posts Leom!

2. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

Leom! i'm so jealous!

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Thanks, i love collecting pins, i only started last year. It all began when i bought my safari hat, i only got it because it had 5 really nice pins on it, i wasnt really bothered about the price and then i had my first trade with the women at the til and i got a chip and dale pin, woohoo! that started me off.

And thank you guys. You will meet that 1000 anytime soon Tracey and Carla. D

4. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

I 1st started collection when I went to Disneyland cuz they had this kind of scavenger hunt where you go around the park and get stamps from CMs at different locations, then when you get them all you get a pin (kind of a generic one) so I did a bunch of scavenger hunts and started trading. I've been hooked ever since lol. I think that was 2004 and there was some kind of Pin Trading Olympics I think they called it ;D

5. Freckles

Freckles Guest

now that is cool. i havent really done the trading thing, can you swap any badge or do they come with certain rankings?

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

no, you can trade any pin with any pin. cos i thought it was like that at first, i also found a pin one day when i was at the bugs playground at hollywood studios, i could have kept it but i handed it in because i am a genrous person. But my dad found a pin in one of the parks and gave it to me. We were just going out the park and there was no one to hand it to so i just kept it. I love the pins. i cnt wait to do more trading next year, i might even be a CM trading. Woohoo!

7. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

There are however some pins that will have 'Not for Pin Trading' on the back which you're not allowed to trade..some of these are CM ones that guests shouldn't have.

8. ~Disney_Princess~

cool i want one of the exclusive CM pins ;D
    so when you're working are you supplied with a lanyard and pins to trade with guests?

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I fancy working in merchandise to be able to be a trader and to work in the shops, that must be amazing. I would love to work merchandise at MK, my dream is to work at MK.

10. Freckles

Freckles Guest

it would be cool to get to be a trader..though knowing my luck a kid would want a pin i couldnt trade and cry....its happened at work where we ran out of pancakes and this kid started crying....the parents were alughing at angry as well..it was so odd.

I would love to work in any of the parks. do ICPs work in downtown?

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I think they can, i am not sure though?

12. ~Disney_Princess~

I'm not sure either but I know ICPs have more options than CRPs who are restricted to working in their own Pavillion at Epcot. I don't see why not though, there's probably positions at the World of Disney Store.

13. DisneyGibbs

ICP's can practically work anywhere.

It depends on where you work and what your position is at the time. Most attraction CM's can't wear lanyards because of safety and pins getting stuck in rides! But however, at most attractions there is a greeter position and you can wear pins there. Usually the first person on greeter will get it, and then you'll hand it over to the next CM each time you're bumped from that position.

F&B CM's aren't allowed to wear them either, unless you're bussing/greeting or on the podium. In most other roles you can wear them! Certainly in merch and custodial.

14. Freckles

Freckles Guest

see i would find it hard to approach a cast member to trade a pin, but im sure once i did it i would be fine afterwards.

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I think i only traded twice with CMs but that was because i liked all the pins i had and did not want to trade them.

What is custodial, is it just being a cleaner/janitor?

16. KC

KC New Member

When you become a CM, you quickly lose that fear of walking up to strangers and chatting with them. It's because we have to help people with directions etc. so often, that it quickly becomes second nature, don't worry!

And to Leom,
    From http://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/summer/experience_roledescriptions.html

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Thanks for that Kev. I do not think that role is suited to me.

18. Freckles

Freckles Guest

hopefully being a cast emmebr myself is hould be able to turn on the acting techniques.

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Ye, it should.

20. DisneyGibbs

When I first started work there I had no confidence at all....lol you should see me know! Disney definitely makes you more out going.