I need life and job advice! a disney job or a job that pays well? 10 points!?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Benson22, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Benson22

Benson22 New Member

i know this might sound stupid and immature to most, but my passion is disney. disney world, disney movies, disney history, i love it all. my dream job would be to work at disney world as an imagineer.

the thing is, it is very difficult to become an imagineer. and most other jobs dealing with disney probably do not pay well. i just really want to have a job related to disney.

i am an honors student, so many people expect me to do a good job, like a pharmacist. but that's not my passion.

i'm afraid if i put everything into working for disney that i will end up too poor to have a decent life.

so...the big question is: what is more important, having a job that pays well or a job you love?

any advice is appreciated. 10 points to best answer!

2. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

You are in the right place and know that you are NOT alone :)

I'll go for the ten point answer...

I'm currently reading a book on Walt Disney Imagineering. It is made up of essays written by the Imagineers about what it is like to work for WDI.

The opening letter written by Walt Disney includes this paragraph...

"In the lexicon of youth there is no such word as "fail." Remember the story of the boy who wanted to march in the circus parade? When the circus came to town, the band master needed a trombonist, so the boy signed up. He hadn't marched a block before the fearful noises from his horn caused two old ladies to faint and a horse to run away. The band master demanded, "Why didn't you tell me you couldn't play the trombone?" And the boy said, "How did I know? I had never tried before?"

And my message to you matey... Don't be afraid to go for things in life that you have never done before. It may turn out to be the best thing you could have done for yourself. :)

Hope this helps.