I wonder what our roommates will be like?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Marie, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Marie

Marie Guest

I wonder what our roommates will be like where they will be from and stuff? I guess we may have several over the year depending on program end dates. Im sure they may not all be great... But im gonna make lots of effort and hope mine likes me! :)

2. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah marie this is the only thing u know that slightly worries me! I'm so scared they won't like me! haha i seriously am!!

Oh well i'll try to get on with everyone, i think im pretty outgoing but i pity the poor soul sharin with me haha!

xxx

3. Marie

Marie Guest

Awww Sara - ur roommate wont know whats hit them - non stop entertainment! Ur be fine!

i gotta say its the only thing that worries me a little - although i can get along with anyone who wants to get along with me, itd be cool if the roommate is someone i can be friends with!

4. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah same here! haha none stop entertainment totally theyll never b able 2 shut me up!! ill b takin me laptop as well so probs b chattin 2 mates @ all hours of the mornin knowin me tappin away with emails and wot nots!

xxx

5. Marie

Marie Guest

Yep im gonna take my laptop too! I think itll be worth it as the guy i know who did the college program said he had to wait ages in a queue to use the pods!

6. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah im definately taking mine cos i wana send ppl emails 2 update them and its a lot easier if its at your convenience than waitin in a queue. plus im takin my digital camera so can send ppl pics as updates as well. :) ive thought it all out as well haha. my x wants me 2 take a web cam, tut! ::)

7. Baruch

Baruch New Member

Hi there..

about your roomates.. well..  it depends of each one.. even in nationalities it depends..

u can be with an Italian who every night cooks pasta, or  maybe he/she wont be at home at all...

many people share room with boyfriend/girlfriends it depends if the roomate lets share it, and he/she doesn[t take care about it tough.

it means that there will be an alone roomate in  another apartment..

maybe u'll be with underages or maybe with guys around 30, drunks everynight, or watching tv .. believe me.. every person is real different, as well as nationalities..

your roomate may become your best friend, and you prefer to share your time with him/her, or simply u hate him/her, because they don[t care about noise, or cleanliness, maybe u[d like to be organizated and tidy, or maybe u don[t..

think about your food and stuff as well.. suddenly your food or beers, or milk wont be there anymore..
    i had problems with an Uk roomate.. he had a Uklad once.. and they simply destrayed the apartment, they took my food, and my milk. when they are ut of beer.. they get stupids and star drinking evrything.. fortunatey that night i stayed at home.. and cauhgt many of them trying to go into my room  becasue they have @scavengers@ and they need to "borrow" some stuff

ok..  about your laptop and keeping in touch.. believe  is not too easy.. u have and don't at time.. so congratulations if u can do it for the whole year..
    have fun... and remember.. your life is gonna be   before and after the commons..

Baruch Arteaga
    Mexican Pavillion F&B '03 '04
    Commons 2812

http://groups.msn.com/disneyinternationalprogram

8. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Its always a worry that youll end up with someone you dont get along with but Im pretty easygoing and can pretty much get along with anyone!!! Ive had all different types of people i lived with at uni so im used to it all!!!

Like you say though - youll prob end up with more than one roommate over the year so youll prob have some sad times when good friends leave :-[

Looking forward to meeting my future roomie - maybe itll be someone from the boards!!!

Michelle xx

9. Marie

Marie Guest

oooo that could be cool if we end up with a roommate from the boards - maybe one of the canadians or germans that we know by screenname!

10. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

1. Hey Tinkerbell32
    2. Hi Mickey4Ever , what are you doing today?
    1. Oh i'm going to the Magic Kingdom with Stitch_Fan, you?
    2. I'm gonna see Fantasmic with CanadianGoofy.
    1. I think he is friends with my room mate iLuvBelle.
    2. Is he the one from Ireland going out with SpaceMoutainRox?
    1. No i don't think so, I thought she was seeing MonorailMike.
    2. MonorailMike? I'll ask him when me and Buzz83 are working with him tomorrow.

and so on....

8)

11. Marie

Marie Guest

lol! what r u like stu? I dont mean i would call them by their screen names! Tho they can call me by mine since its my name! I just mean that your roommate may end up being someone who also posted on the boards! :D

12. DisneyMichelle

Lol Stu!!!! Youre obviously completely mental!!! ;)

That would be quite funny though!!!!

13. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

at least if you call people by screen names you won't get mixed up if you know 2 people with the same name ;D :D

8)

14. DisneyMichelle

Stu - that makes sense!!!! Although people would find us quite weird if we started doing that!!!

15. Danielle1883

Danielle1883 New Member

Hey guys,
    I arrived here on dec 7th- two weeks ago today!!! It's amazing i love it so much and everyone are so nice. I'm sharing with 3 other girls, a uk, a canadian and a japanese girl, they are well nice, i'm so lucky. But i hardly ever see them as we have different schedules. it's really weird now we have started work not seeing my arrival group alol the time.

anyway the costumes are funny! good luck everyone i got to got to work now

Danielle xxx

oh and congrats on getting the job and see you guys soon!

16. DisneyMichelle

Hey Danielle!!

Glad to hear youre enjoying it out there!!!! Cant wait to get out there with you!!!

Im gonna be joining you in food and bev on march 15th - really looking forward to it!!!

Michelle xx