Ice Skating Rink and Lessons

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by shan1988, May 31, 2012.

1. shan1988

shan1988 New Member

I have been accepted to go in Jan 2013.
    I was just wondering if anyone has gone to the ice rink in Orlando
    I have found online the Ice Factory is Kissimmee and RDV Ice Den
    Has anyone gone to these rinks, is the ice alright in the hot weather
    Also how long does it take by bus to get to these rinks
    And is there anyother rinks that may be closed to Disney

Also has anyone done any figure skating lessons at either of these rinks, did you do group lessons or private lessons and what was the cost. Also want is cultural towards adult skaters out there
    I am about immediate level of skating, and do not want to give up skating while i am over there. Also are we allow to entry local competitors.

2. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Hey,
    I haven't been to either of these places but I was on both of their sites and I am sorry to tell you, both of these are extremely far from where you will be living. Ice Factory is much closer than RDV, but it is still quite far. On the Lynx bus, you'd have to take probably at least 4 buses transfering all over Orlando and that will take all day... Your other option would be a taxi, and honestly, I'd see that costing at the very least 75$ each way.
    I have not found any other rinks there. I looked for some myself while I lived there. I am sorry to burst your bubble, but I wanted to tell you before you got lost or spent an extreme amount of money (both extremely easy to do in Orlando) trying to find it.