ICP Blogs/Vlogs

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by BeautifulBelle, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Hippymeow

Hippymeow Member

If I get a place i'm going to blog/vlog the experience =] Don't wanna jinx it though!!

2. Cheska

Cheska New Member

3. jennifer.anne.rees

jennifer.anne.rees New Member

same :))))))))

4. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

5. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

yay for shameless blog dropping comments :) here is my blog if anyone wants to take a look...it's from the ICP I did in 2011 and 2012, but the 2012 one is more up to date and I posted more often :)

6. Hippymeow

Hippymeow Member

7. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I had full detailed blogs for all my programs...

http://magicalsummer2008.blogspot.com (Merchandise at the Emporium, MK)
    http://magicalsummer2010.blogspot.com (Attractions at Star Tours, DHS)
    http://magicalyear2012.blogspot.com (Cultural Rep program in Food and Bev, at the UK in EPCOT which goes through until Jan 2013)

I also did vlogs on YouTube too... http://www.youtube.com/user/CLBass278 which were mainly to do with the ICP programs. Not much has changed since I did them except the fact they now have two face to face interviews instead of a phone interview... as far as the living arrangements and roles and stuff it's almost the same. You can now have more options with housing - you can put in preferences for complex and people to live with for example.

8. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

TWO f2f interviews? Meaning we have to travel to London twice if we are successful? Aw man! And the new housing things sound good! You need to do another vlog with the updated info so I cant watch that one over and over too :p

9. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Hahaha! That's what I believe happens now! I don't think I'm qualified enough to do a vlog on it though seen as I haven't been through the process since 2011! :p

10. megannn

megannn Member

If you're successful at first you go for a pre-selection interview, which is a group one, and after that if you're successful you go for a f2f interview with a disney rep :)

11. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

Oh no! Group interviews are my worst nightmare! :'( Hopefully it'll be alright!

12. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

Don't worry too much about the interviews, they are really fun actually. It's nice to be able to chat to people about Disney before your interview and is far less scary than the phone interviews they have had before. Since there are two interviews to attend now they seem to be doing them all over the UK, so you may not have to travel down to London twice if there are interviews in a city closer to you :)

13. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

Oh that's good to hear! Thank you! Would be great if interviews were held closer to home ;D

14. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Depends where home is - they no longer have final interviews in Scotland (the summer lot were sent as far as London). For the academic exchange they had the pre-screen at my uni (RGU is a partner university so Yummy come up, and I suspect if they didn't come up we wouldn't be a partner anymore...), but I had to travel from Aberdeen to Preston for my final interview with Disney!

However, if there's a reason why you can't make the date, they can sometimes rearrange your final location - I had to do that once, but it isn't guaranteed due to space requirements!
    xx

15. alicejaimie

alicejaimie New Member

16. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

17. LisaInWonderland

LisaInWonderland New Member

I love reading everyone's blogs!

Mines is
    Lisa-Moran.blogspot.com

Give me a message on my blog and I'll link yours on my read list!

Lisa x

18. gldc

gldc New Member

19. Hippymeow

Hippymeow Member

20. Becsta

Becsta New Member

Hehehe Jane I'm ever so slightly addicted to your vlog - I've been gradually watching over the last few weeks! When I saw you on here I was like "Hey I know her! ... Oh wait, not really, I've just watched her videos, lol!"