ICP Summer 2009

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by opherrichards, Nov 27, 2008.

1. opherrichards

opherrichards New Member

So we all have got the amazing news that we are on our way tot he magical place on earth, but when are we all going? And to do what!?
    Like the CRP's we too should get organised (well ish as we are students) and start making lists so things are easy to follow.

I have been accept for Attractions on the 2nd and planning on flying from Gatwick.

Anyone else?:)

2. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

well that not stricy true had i got in it woul have been the 21st

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Im going the 21st, but i dont know for sure where i am going to fly from yet, but i plan on flying with virgin, hehe!

4. amriley

amriley New Member

Hey i got custodial not my first choice but what the hell i am flyig out on the 2nd jine form gatwick too would luv to meet up and i a going to disneyworld on holiday on monday cannot wait !!!!!!!!!

5. opherrichards

opherrichards New Member

Yes definantly meet up, we should wiat and try and all get on the same flight! :)
    This is going to be amazing!

6. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I think I'll be flying from Manchester!
    I've got QS F&B!
    This is exciting - my first post in this block!
    xx

7. djb.williams

djb.williams New Member

I'm also starting Attractions on 2nd June, haven't thought about flights - but Gatwick sounds as good as any! (is that the best of the London airports to go from for Florida/Orlando?)

Was attractions your first choice as well Chris?

8. opherrichards

opherrichards New Member

Hi, it was my first choice yeah! Really excited now, it would be good to know which attraction, but that we will probably not know until we get there.
    Well any london airport is good, but I think most (if not all) flights to orlando go from gatwick.

9. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

There's quite a lot from Manchester, and there certainly used to be quite a lot from Heathrow!
    I'm nervous now - what if I can't cope with the volume of people????
    Also - QS F&B wasn't my first choice, wonder how they decided on what role we got?
    Feel free to add me on Facebook (katie james) - just say you're from wdwip!
    It was a really nice (late) birthday present!!!!!!!!!!
    :D :D :D :D
    xx

10. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

21st June, Attractions going from Manchester. Don't think my Mum and Dad are too chuffed having to take me to the airport that day it's their wedding aniversary. Ooops.

11. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

You'd better gt them a nice card to make up for it!!

I'm so jealous you all know, I still have 2 weeks to wait for my interview

12. Custodial wasn't my first choice either for summer 08 but I ended up loving it. They really are a good bunch of people! Just remember the guest interaction that you are going to have, more than anyone else in the parks! Take advantage of the good parts of the role not the cleaning up etc.

13. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Just realised this morning that the 21st June's Father's Day.
    Usually there's something called 'Waving Goodbye' in the Chaplaincy Centre on the last Saturday of term - which would mean I'd have to go straight to the airport from there if I went. Hmmm, decisions - cos many of my closest friends are final years!
    Well, I have almost 6 months to try and convince them to change the day!!!!!
    Got the email confirming my confirmation - it wasn't a dream!!
    xx

14. opherrichards

opherrichards New Member

Haha same!!
    Now just have another wait for this phone call. Although it isnt such a bad wait :)

15. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

A positive breeze compared to the others!
    Trying to work out if I can afford a holiday there at Easter, or if I should just wait till June!!!
    I wish they'd tell us when they're going to call, I have a rather erratic timetable, and a rather erratic phone, so I don't want to miss the call!
    I think we should all have a meetup at some point, celebrate getting in!!
    xx

16. opherrichards

opherrichards New Member

I was going to do somehting over easter disney related, although now I am hitchhiking to morocco for charity with some friends - as you do like.
    If i get any call from a london number during any lectures, I am leaving the room, no questions about it. They might not like it, but tuff. :)
    We should definately all have a meetup! But location might be an issue.

17. chrismore121

chrismore121 New Member

18. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

There are direct flights from Gatwick with British Airways and Virgin Atlantic - 1 or 2 a day, plus direct flights from Manchester with Virgin. BA use a 777, Virgin use 747's. As far as I know both still use older multichannel entertainment systems (e.g. 12 repeating channels, not on demand movies), so not much between them. One of the bigger differences is that BA let you carry 2 pieces of hand baggage, Virgin only one, plus one small extra like an umbrella, book, camera or handbag, but whether they check is another matter.

On the major departure days all these flights are likely to have many ICP's. If you go from another airport you'd have to change planes on a connecting flight at another airport, e.g. New York or Atlanta, and have less likelihood of other ICP's on the flight, put perhaps a cheaper ticket.

19. Falenn

Falenn New Member

I'm doing Custodial from May 26th. Looks like fun. I'm getting my plane ticket as my christmas present this year, but I have no idea where to go from, or who to book it with.

20. lisaj1911

lisaj1911 New Member

Im staring 26th May - Lifeguard. Im made up!!!!

Will be flying from Manchester, if anyone is doing the same let me know.

Lisa xx