ICP Summer 2009

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by opherrichards, Nov 27, 2008.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I dont want to book my flight the now, do i have to?

2. hayley...x

hayley...x New Member

i dont think we have to book them right now! no worries. just from my experience (coz i go to florida every summer) the flight prices just get more pricey the closer to summer it gets?

im gonna wait till i kno for definite what flight to get before i book but iv just been looking coz im nosey lol! ;D

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Ive been looking for months, haha!

4. Callum_McK

Callum_McK New Member

Wow alot has happned since i last one - like 4 hours ago lol.
    Hey Leom yeah i remember u :D
    Obviously u werent too nervous tho as u got the place :D
    U dont have to book the flight just now as there will be spaces for ages on the plane, just i book in january this year for the summer there and it cost me £200 more than when i booked it yesterday so i would recomemed booking it as soon as you can.

Hey Hayley :)
    I work in the East Kilbride store as thats were am from, but i know people that were in florida this summer that are in the glasgow store and edinburgh one :D, was so bummed out when i came bac this summer that i thought working in the store was the next best thing lol.
    I have booked my return date for the 21st, but hopefully i'll be travelling afterwards so may end up changing that :D

x

5. Callum_McK

Callum_McK New Member

O and i have bebo too :)
    Add me Wall-e and however else.
    Callum McKendrick.

Tho i do use facebook more these days - its not to complicated so get on it :p
    x

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Woohoo!

I think i will be booking my flight not that long after christmas depending how who is flying from where on the 21st.
    Well done on getting your first choice!
    Ive got Merchandise and i cannot wait to start, hehe.

I prefer facebook but its the easiest way for me to stay in contact with my friends who are away at uni.

7. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

I'll probably book mine in January too once I know if I'm travelling with others (I hate flying so don't really wanna sit on my tod).

8. Callum_McK

Callum_McK New Member

Hey Andy what date u flying out on?
    Ive booked my flights bac even tho i intend on travelling after, as last yr i booked a later date then ended up not travelling and tried to get the same return flight as everyone else but it was fully booked so had to stay in saratoga springs for two nights.
    So i think its easier to book ur return date for the day u are ment to come home then change it as opposed to the other way round?
    x

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, ill go out with you Andy, haha. your going from Manchester on the 21st, yeah?

10. Callum_McK

Callum_McK New Member

Once Disney send out your pack with everything in it u can go get ur visa.
    I went for mine in April last year :)
    Basically people can book their visa for the same day and those near london even if they dont book it for that day can come out at night and meet everyone.
    x

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, good thinking Callum, hehe.

I cannot wait for the pack. I got the DVC pack a few weeks ago and it got me sooooo excited, love the book so much.

12. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

Yeah 21st June for me from Manchester. I'm not overly bad but I get a tad nervy sometimes for some reason. I have no idea why really it is random. I'll be happy to have people to fly with though :)

13. leomgray

leomgray New Member

hehe, yea i think i will be definetly going from Manchester with virgin on the 21st, hehe.

14. hayley...x

hayley...x New Member

what did u get sent leom?? i havnt ever been sent anything!! i better not be missing out lol.

callum! east kilbride eh? im from airdrie! its kinda close! how the hell did u manage to get flights for 200!! thats so cheap! i was shocked when i found flights for 400ish!

do you like working in the disney store then? ur whole life is disney! luck you!

lol look at us all totaly freaking out about flights! :D

x

15. Callum_McK

Callum_McK New Member

Yup East Kilbride :D U been?
    I cant say i have been to airdrie :( tho i know where it is, i also got to Stirling Uni so normally there during the week.
    No go for the £400 flight its the best you'll get - i said i got mine £200 cheaper this year i.e. i paid £600 last year, not that i got flights for £200 lol.
    Yeah the disney store is a great laugh, tho the interview was much harder for that than it was to go all the way to orlando - crazy!!!
    I know i'll be disney'ed out soon no doubt i need some normality in my life :p
    x

16. AllyAllyBoomBoom

AllyAllyBoomBoom New Member

Hi all

is any1 flying out from London (prob Gatwick) on the 2nd June?

Hiya Kt, yeh i found wdwip, lol, took me long enough!!! LOL

did every1 have their fone calls then? i got mine today, we should have out info packs before Christmas!!!

Do people wanna arrange to get Visa's together, so we can meet?

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

No, it was the Disney Vacation Club pack, its got nothing to do with the program, i was just curious to find out more about the vacation club so i ordered a DVD and got a phone call and ended up with this amazing book and loads of prices for the club, it is too expensive for a student, haha.

Some of the people that work in the disney store in buchanan dont smile, its very undisney, was very unimpressed, but the lovely women that served me at the til was very cheerful.

Maybe they were trying to impersonate the seven dwarfs and the majority picked grumpy, haha! I think it was just a day off cause it was awful busy on friday!

18. Callum_McK

Callum_McK New Member

Hey Ally there is quite a few people already booked flights for June 2nd from Gatwick going with BA, so u wont be alone - by the time the other interviews are done there will be a good 30 of us on the flight no doubt :)
    We should def arrange same visa time to get to know other disney people before we go, u cant book ur visa until about april time tho.

Haha o am gonna till Buchanan about that - i know 3 of them, Arran, Jen and Leeann, u know who was miserable lol. U wouldnt get that service in the East Kilbride store :p

x

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

There is a really tall guy, he didnt smile, i was quite unimpressed, he should be happy! haha.

20. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I'll be flying from Manchester on the 21st June too - probably with Virgin. We should definitely all go on the same flight!
    I'm hoping I'll be able to get it a little cheaper on Virgin cos I've got quite a lot of air miles with them, not too sure on the booking conditions tho. But I need to wait to check flight prices until after I've got all this coursework done, as I would spend hours doing it!
    Should better work now...
    xx