ICP Summer 2009

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by opherrichards, Nov 27, 2008.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I am going virgin on the 21st, we should definetly meet up, i think im going to get a virgin credit card to gain some miles, hehe. but i dont know how well that would work.

2. the_anarky_boy

the_anarky_boy New Member

Hey everyone, names Roddy and I'm heading off to the sunny Orlando, Florida this summer to work at Main Entrance Operations. I'm arriving on the 26th of May, just 3 days after I finish uni!
    I haven't booked any flights yet,but I'll most likely be flying from Glasgow to London, then out Orlando. Look forward to seein'you all there!
    This summer is gonna rock!

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Where are you from anarky boy?

4. the_anarky_boy

the_anarky_boy New Member

Greenock, a town just outside of Glasgow
    Hometown of James Watt and Captain Kidd 8)

5. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

I used to live in Helensburgh so about 4 miles away as the crow flies and about 25 miles in the car ;) I went to the big swimming and ice skating place in Greenock once, that was pretty good.

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea i know where Greenock is, haha. i stay in Irvine and go to glasgow caledonian university!

7. hayley...x

hayley...x New Member

hmmm i took a drive to greenock one time but cant quite place where it is...i have the WORST sense of direction ever! :D

lol callum u dont want to go to airdrie, its shit i hate it! went to a school in anniesland and now at uni in dundee so i never spend any time there anymore! its all good!

im so excitedd i wanna book my flights just now!
    x

8. Callum_McK

Callum_McK New Member

Ok that gives me a good excuse to not visit airdire then :)
    Aw am at Stirling University!
    U better not be booking with Virgin hayley? Go with BA, everyone on facebook is and they are just plain better - this the the Virgin ppl were delayed 4 hrs!!!
    x

9. hayley...x

hayley...x New Member

one of my friends is at stirling! what u doing there? u in 2nd yr?

dont worry i think im booking with BA! lol they wer the cheapest iv found so far!

oh god everyone has facebook. im a bebo person im afraid (as u already kno lol) my flatmates keep trying to make me get facebook. i mite join n see wot all the fuss is about :p even tho it will just give me another excuse to be on the internet all day instead of doing any work!

x

10. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I thought i would stay behind at uni and do some work but i didnt get as much done as i had hoped, but still better than what i would at home, hehe.

Im flying with virgin so my flight is direct, i cannot be bothered with transferred, most of the people i know who have went ith BA have been delayed or their flights cancelled, but its all difference of opinion really.

11. AllyAllyBoomBoom

AllyAllyBoomBoom New Member

Well i haven't booked any flights yet, i don't, and wont have the money till after christmas... i hope there are still space on that plane!!! LOL i mite ask the rents to book it for me...

is any1 any closer to a date/place for a get together drink, or are we just gonna wait till the visa application nearer the time? is there any1 in Leeds who want to meet up, can either do before Christmas - 20th Dec, or after the 4th Jan, or Oxford - ish area somewhere in between???

i am sooooo excited, i just cant get ova the fact that we will all be working for Disney this time in under 7 months!!!!!!

12. Callum_McK

Callum_McK New Member

Am in 3rd year now even tho am only 19 - the baby of the year :)

I am studying Tourism Management - great for disney!

I only got a facebook for disney last year coz i was advised by yummyjobs to do it as a way of meeting people, i hated it at 1st but i cant get off it these days lol.

I guess its just luck really with who u fly with - but still June 2nd ppl go with BA keep us all together :)

I wouldnt worry about the flight being full Ally anyway its a huge flight and some people still dont have their interviews till march and they need to get on the fligh to so you'll be fine - no massive rush.

I think am gonna wait till Visas to meet people, unless their is a scottish one arranged :p

x

13. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Ive met Wall-E, he goes to the same uni as me, i met him yesterday, i never even realised there was another person from glasgow cale going, haha.

Im sure there will be a scottish get together sometime, hehe.

I think people on the 21st are going virgin from those i have spoken to. Anymore scots going on the 21st?

14. Flood09

Flood09 New Member

Hey fellow Disney 09'ers! names Mark, i'll be flying out 2nd june from manchester to do main entrance ops and i can't wait! I ain't seen many people with the same job as me, does anybody know what exactly it involves?

Cheers :)

15. djb.williams

djb.williams New Member

Just noticed the docs are all up on the Yummy website now, this is what they say about flights...

We advise you to book a fully flexible flight.

STA Travel in Oxford has a dedicated Yummy Jobs flight booking team who can;

-Offer cheaper group fares for Yummy Jobs candidates
    -Advise you on which flights have been booked by other Program participants
    -Provide your flight arrival details directly to the Walt Disney World International Arrivals Team and share email addresses with others on your flight.
    -Offer you a ticket which will be changeable at no or very little cost, a saving of around £85 compared to booking online.
    -Offer low cancellation conditions if the unfortunate arises.. £80 cancellation fee compared to £180 online. (if booked on Virgin or BA)
    -Get you a free ISIC card - saving of £9!

You can request a quote from STA here - http://ww4.statravel.co.uk/yummyjobs/form.htm

Those of you who have already booked, did you not know about the STA arrangement?

16. Those booking through STA: do also look at other sites as well. I found STA to be more expensive than my Virgin flight when I went out this summer.

17. vik

vik New Member

yeah last summer i didnt go with STA and the only flight they offered me was one that went via somehwere else. Not that you shouldn't consider STA!

18. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

Definately best to shop around I think and that's what I'll be doing.

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I am going with virgin and STA dont offer it from manchester so im not booking through them, i will however probably book my insurance through them depending on what deals i can find throughout the net.

20. AllyAllyBoomBoom

AllyAllyBoomBoom New Member

I will prob book through STA coz i am just gonna book for the program dates, and then look at who is travelling when i get out there, and to leave it open incase my family come out.

i looked at virgin, an i couldnt find a flexible ticket direct, you have to pay to change the flight, or book a single when ur ova there!!!