ICP Summer 2009

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by opherrichards, Nov 27, 2008.

1. opherrichards

opherrichards New Member

Just to tell everyone that BA's World Traveller offer at the moment will end on the 12th December apparently.
    So just watch out for price rises.
    Booked today with BA for £370 which over the last week or two I have watched go up by £80.

From looking at the rules, I think BA is cheaper to change flights, but you might want to check that.

2. leomgray

leomgray New Member

its only £50 to change with virgin.

3. chrismore121

chrismore121 New Member

yeyeye, disney

4. opherrichards

opherrichards New Member

Well with BA it is £35 before you leave, and when your out there $50 I think, so like £30.

5. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Also worth noting that STA do a price beating guaruantee - if you find it cheaper elsewhere you can take that quote to them and they'll beat it, obviously some restrictions will apply and I've never tried it though - don't know if they'll match US$ quotes for example - last year I booked from a US broker in US$ beating the best GB£ quotes by about £200 - with the recent changes in exchange rates towards a weaker pound this is less likely now though.

6. jenehbehbeh

jenehbehbeh New Member

ooft i go off the forum for a week to study and i come back and everyones getting flights! haha

whos going on 2nd june again?
    im probaly going from Glasgow if I can, its just easier, and no doubt my mum will want to see me off whilst having a wee cry haha.

anyone from edinburgh uni going? x

7. opherrichards

opherrichards New Member

Yeah there has been a discussion on facebook about 2nd departures.
    From gatwick we are mostly flying with the 1105 BA flight, there are also some already who have booked flights down from scotland to gawwick at like 600am or something.
    Take a look:
    http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=37546981316&topic=5498

8. Callum_McK

Callum_McK New Member

Hey Jene

Yup am one of those on the 6:15am BA flight from Glasgow on June 2nd, then changing over at Gatwick :)
    There are a fair few of us doing that - so should be a good laugh!
    x

9. disneystar86

disneystar86 New Member

Hi Everyone,
    My Name is Leigh and i have recently been accepted into the International College Program for July 2009!!! Feeling a lot of different things nervousness, excitement and wonder LOL (lame!!!). I am from Down Under, just looking to get in touch with people in the same position as me so hopefully i know some names before i get there ha ha. Oh and i got a merchandising position.
    Hope to get to know some of you soon,
    Leigh
    P.S. HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!!! (we better get used to saying that) ;D

10. hayley...x

hayley...x New Member

im booking from glasgow on the 2nd too! going for the change at gatwick one!

jeneh, i think i recognise you but i cant see ur pic coz its too small lol what school did you go to??

one we have booked our flights, how do we tell disney when we are arriving? and what do we do once we get to the airport over there?

x

11. jenehbehbeh

jenehbehbeh New Member

My names Jane and I went to Denny High (a wee town between glasgow and edinburgh) but in Edinburgh the now at uni, hoping to pass exams so i dont have to come home for resits!!! x

12. hayley...x

hayley...x New Member

aw right lol well your not who i think you are then :D im silly!

x

13. djb.williams

djb.williams New Member

i'm hoping to book my flight today as the prices seem to be gradually rising.

Chris, where did you see something about BA's World Traveller offer & it ending today? I've been searching all over the web and can't find any info about any kind of offer.

14. vistaway

vistaway New Member

missing topic

15. opherrichards

opherrichards New Member

It was over the phone to STA. I think she said the 19th.

16. hayley...x

hayley...x New Member

okay so im confused about the glasgow to gatwick then gatwick to orlando flights. the only ones i can find for the 2nd is a 6.20 from glasgow and then an 11.20 from gatwick. is this the same as everyone else going from glasgow? i cant find the ones at 6.15 and 11.05 ???

x

17. opherrichards

opherrichards New Member

Yup that is the same. They have changed the times of the flights already.
    There is a massive convo on facebook too all about it.

18. hayley...x

hayley...x New Member

ahhh thats ok then! i was getting worried for a min lol. im sooo excited! hav loads of ppl booked that flight already?

i didnt have facebook so i made a profile but it confuses me! dunno how to work it?!?!

x

19. djb.williams

djb.williams New Member