I'm a dancer in england and I want to work for disney (help?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hilzaa, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Hilzaa

Hilzaa New Member

Hi guys I'm a dancer from london that also sings and acts. Im currently in my last year of musical theatre college. I really really really just want to get a job dancing (ideally in one of thier shows, but of course id do a character aswell just preferably not one in a huge costume, think id suffocate lol) on either a disney cruise, disney california or disney florida. The problem is as far as I know they dont cast over here (they only cast for tokyo and paris) and just wanted to know if anyone knew a way around this? Even if it was just a suggestion of who I could send me C.V. and Heashot off to? Or ideally they know of someone from the U.K. thats gone off and done this.
    Many Thanks
    Joel xoxo

2. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

Here's the link for the Disney Cruise Line where you can find the recruiter for the UK
    http://dcljobs.com/recruiting-source.aspx
    You can try emailing them and seeing what's available!

The only way you can get into entertainment in Florida is by applying for the college program, but i'm pretty sure that if you did get a place in entertainment on that program, then it'd be as a costumed character, they rarely give internationals face character roles. You could have a look on the Yummy Jobs website to see if you're eligible for any of the College Programs!

Hope that helps a bit...Good Luck! :)

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Also due to visa restrictions you cannot get a proper role like at Disney unless you have a Green Card, but contact Disney Casting, they will be able to tell you more and also try YummyJobs.

4. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

i think your best bet is to go through the cruise lines, all college program entertainment cast members have to do fur costumes, and are rarely trained in any parades/show regardless of dance or theatre background. Also, WDW will never sponsor a visa outside of their college program, which for entertainment is a summer program only, but I have known two people who have gotten jobs as princesses on the cruise lines and been sponsored by disney for long term visas/green cards. I dont know the best way for a UK'er to get cast for that, both the girls i know went to open calls, one in t.o, one in ny, but i'm sure they cast further abroad as well :)

good luck!!

5. cowza

cowza New Member

There are British people in the mainstage casts... some of them auditioned a few years ago though when they did hold auditions in London. However I know some that were so dedicated they flew to America to attend one of the auditions... so I would recommend that if you are really serious. Auditions are usually held in New York, Los Angeles and Toronto... look for postings at www.disneyauditions.com

You are not eligible to work in the American parks unless you have authorisation to work in the US.

Definitely consider Hong Kong, Tokyo and even Shanghai though... and it seems you know a little about them already!

Goodluck!