Im new here !! :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by holidayrep, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Marie

Marie Guest

Sally - good luck hope u get good news soon. End of may - would be great then we can all meet u when we arrive in June! Im having my first birthday with my family for 4 yrs next month i think. Since i was 18 Ive always had my b days with my friends/now ex boyf at uni, then last yr in america. So i was thinking since i'll be in florida next yr that im gonna go celebrate with my family this year. Still will go out to celebrate with friends tho either b4 or after!

Sara, Lindsey - can just see us all doing another program like this one how cool would that be if we all wound up going somewhere else after this program and after Saras finished uni.

xxx

2. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah we're never gonna settle down are we!!!

xx

3. SaraC

SaraC New Member

me settle down? u gota b kiddin haha.

but yeah marie how cool would that be if we did that. im so tryin 2 find a way of livin in florida, im gona do it haha

xxx

4. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah me too. this year's a pratice to check it's what we're thinking its gonna be!(it will)

then next year im gonna spend the year figuring out how to move there permanently!

xx

5. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah same here linz ;) we can all go live in a nice villa out there, find someway of us stayin there. altho my cousin went out there and never came bk and didn't get her green card lol. how she managed it i don't know, but she got it last year when she got married haha

xxx

6. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah my friends bro did that too. but its pretty dangerous if you get really ill or hurt! wouldnt like to be in that situation!...,eah well maybe as reps! travelcity have a few brits out there! we could actually ask them face to face before we leave to go home!might make a good impression!

xx

7. SaraC

SaraC New Member

ooh yeah i know exactly where the travel city offices r, cos ive fancied doin that, goin 2 sanford to work or somethin, well fun! the offices r pretty close 2 the commons at the lake buena vista factory outlets, just down the road from us, towards kissimee off the main 535 road! always manage a trip up there to have a word ey ;)

xxx

8. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah we were at the offices in oct when we went to complain. they gave us 3 instead of 14 day universal ticket! the cheek of it. and they still havent sorted it yet. abta are now involved. we had to buy more tkts on top of the ones we got from them as there was nothing else to do!

xx

9. Marie

Marie Guest

Reps idea sounds good Lindsey.

Its so hard to live their permanently - i loved living in states last yr.
    Theres a greencard lottery but UK isnt eligible as too many immigrants :(
    Think marriage is only way unless ur really lucky...

xxx

10. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

dont tempt me!lol. nah could never do that! unless it was real of course!

xx

11. Marie

Marie Guest

Im the same - ive met so many people who r like just get married but im a saddo and wanna marry for love!
    Plus i think youd need to both be in love for the stuff u have to go thru. Was talking on the tram in san diego me and my mum to this woman whose son married a girl from wales. She had to go back for 6 weeks get fiancee visa. They were both interviewed by home office in usa to check it was real. She wasnt aloud to work legally till she'd been there over 3 months and they had to get a lawyer to speed things up!

xxx

12. SaraC

SaraC New Member

wow marie!

yeah im the same as u, only marry for love. look at the convos we have lol, we talk about everythin!

xxx

13. holidayrep

holidayrep New Member

Hiya, just to keep you informed that he has asked for a reference of a guy he knows (used to work in the same building as him) and was our manager last year in Spain. Our old manager said he sent a really good reference back so fingers crossed !

I really want to do another year repping as I love the job, I love going to Orlando so would love being able to tell everybody what to see and do !

Definatly would be cool to meet up *if* I get the job ! I am going to get a Florida citizen Annual Pass so will be at Disney loads. When I was there in January I ate in the Rose and Crown ! (I had the veggie cottage pie and my partner had the pie sampler, it was nice but we were rushed as we made PS for 7.50 so we could see illuminations but it was going on for 8.30 by the time they sat us ! We did chat to a great guy from Belfast (my fellas from Northern Ireland) and he said he likes it out there.) I also came across 2 of the merchandise workers having a row - it was a bit embarassing !

Sally

14. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

haha yeah sara we do talk about the stranges things!

think repping would be cool. something to think about but id also like to do hat friend of the chararcter thing at DLP! ah choices choices!

that must have given you a pretty bad impression of the uk pavillion sally!

xx

15. holidayrep

holidayrep New Member

not really ! The staff in the Rose and Crown were really good, its not their fault if people wont move because they want to wait inside for the fireworks, our waitress was really good at getting people outside saying 'im going to take you now to the special area for illuminations' basically not giving them the choice.

SAlly

16. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

haha yeah! thats one reason im glad im not f*b. id just get annoyed!

xx

17. Marie

Marie Guest

Good Luck Sally - it sounds very positive i hope u get the job - we will def have to all meet up go shopping and stuff!

UHuh UK merchies argueing - hope everyone gets on in our group - id hate to go to work and argue with people.

Is there anything we dont talk about on here?

xxx

18. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

cant see it somehow! theres bound to be little bickers but id imagine in general everyone will make the effort! hope so anyways!

yeah i know what havent we talked about!

xx

19. holidayrep

holidayrep New Member

I GOT THE JOB !!!!!!!!!!

Moving out there mid April with my boyfriend ! In complete shock at the moment and feel very nervous but very excited ! So looks like I will be seeing some of you soon :D

Sally

20. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

aw well done, and you've not got long to wait too! aw Im so pleased for you!

xx