Insurance

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by xsamx, Nov 12, 2008.

1. xsamx

xsamx New Member

Hey guys,

Im hoping a few of you will b able to help me ;D

Im leaving for Disney in 2 and a half weeks, yet still no insurance. Mainly as my dads confusing me as apparantly I have to make sure that its insurance that covers you working out there not just traveling.

Can someone tell me who they went with, how much and the link?

Sorry to b a pian but im seriously running out of time and when i ring up insurance people they never answer the actual question, and i'd rather be on the safe side!

Thank you :)

xx

2. Ducannon

Ducannon New Member

Go to your local travel agent and find out, (it's what I did) you will only need it for three months and than you can get the American stuff, but in the whole just try not to get sick, the states is very expensive.

3. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Hi, Sam. Are you from the UK? If so, go to Sta travel as they're used to people going away long term rather than on hols :) I'm pretty sure you just get a years worth of insurance that covers medical expenses (or 4 months if you wanna use the Disney insurance) and it covers you. Also, phone up and ask Yummy jobs (or whoever recruited you if you aren't from the UK/Canada!)

PS: Your Dad sounds just like mine- worrying too much and confusing things! :D

4. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Does anyone know what the Disney insurance covers??? Is it just travel and health or does it cover personal possessions as well? (when I went in 2006 I took one out with the uni and it covered everything! Even my laptop!)

5. citywalk

citywalk New Member

I havent got my insurance yet either.

Im searching for gap year insurance. It'll hopefully cover everything

6. DisneyGibbs

24/7 insurance http://www.247travelinsurance.co.uk/step1.asp?SCH=3 is really good because you can go over 12 months if you need to! I'm hoping I'll only need 4 months though because it's fairly cheap then...about £53. And it covers personal possessions up to the value of £1000 which most of the other companies I've looked at don't!

7. Karritada

Karritada New Member

ah me and my mum were having the exact same discussion today and im super confused now so am not really sure what im looking for so thats really useful Disney Gibbs! well sit down later tonight and start trying to sort it out xxx

8. disneyprincess87

disneyprincess87 New Member

I was also very confused and ended up going with Insure and Go. I got a quote online and when they hadn't heard from me within 24hours, they rang me and offered the gold package (the best one) with a huge discount. If you barter with them, they will usually knock a bit off as they want your custom!

I paid £220 for that package and it covers everything, medical, travel, contents etc.

9. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I think we'll need a better amount of Cover than if we were there on Holiday. My sister went on Holiday with the family and my 2 year old niece got Phenumonia and ended up in Hospital for 3 days. The medical bill came to over $74,000 :eek: and luckily they were only just covered from their cheap Holiday Insurance.

It's going to be a case of sopping around for the cheapest price with the most amount of cover.

10. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

Do we need insurance oursleves for 3 or 4 months?

Is anyone going with 7corners, the one Yummyjobs suggest?

I am really not good with insurance and my mum is no help at all lol, she is as clueless as me!

11. Dazzlingdaz

Dazzlingdaz New Member

Guys we all need to make sure we get the insurance sorted
    i just feel yummy need to help more
    im so unsure where to go for insurance?

12. DisneyGibbs

Hey Daz! Just call up loads of insurance companies...some do backpackers/gap insurance, some don't so that will narrow it down...some dont fulfill visa requirements (like American Express) and some do (24/7), some want obscene amounts of money (BUPA International) and others are pretty good (Insure and Go...they covered my medical condition). Try Orbis Insurance...that's who the people on placement at my uni go with.

13. Dazzlingdaz

Dazzlingdaz New Member

As i have arthritus in several joints
    and have to have a blood test once a month
    i worried i wont be able to get help out
    in Florida!
    Can i get a blood test out there
    is there a Doctors on Campus?

14. DisneyGibbs

There's Health Services at Epcot, but that's only work related illnesses and injuries...down the road from Vista is Florida Centracare...we get discount if we show our work ID's! LOL. Not sure about the blood tests though...that would be something to ask the insurance companies. I think Joanne has to have blood tests,...maybe she'll know.

15. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

Its pretty much a case of find a GP (your insurance should give you contacts for the area) then go and make an appoitment. I need to sort out repeat prescriptions for the year. Some insurances will cover things like that as existing conditions.

16. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

argh! I don't know who to go for :(

Endsleigh have a really good price for what i want but it only covers up to £30,000 per illness, and not £50,000 like yummy says it needs to. I'm actually finding it quite difficult to find one that does cover up to £50,000...rubbish.

17. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

check out insure and go. i'm prob going with them

18. DisneyGibbs

Yeah, Insure and Go rock my socks.

And you get a snazzy little card thing, looks like a credit card, that serves as....I'm not sure, but it looks good.

19. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

hmm, that only covers for £15,000

it's the backpackers one yeah?

20. DisneyGibbs

Yeah....but personal accident isn't part of the visa requirements...its the medical expenses bit that matters, and that's up to £3million. I don't plan on losing a limb! Unless a firework goes mental from Illuminations.

At least I hope that's what it all means anyway, because most companies don't go much higher for personal accident, and if they do, they want stupid amounts of money from you!