Insurance

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by xsamx, Nov 12, 2008.

1. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I phoned direct travel after looking at their website and as soon as they find out you're working the price shoots up! I'm gon go with insure&go they told me £243 no excess :)

2. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Does insure and go cover you for work then?

£219 their quote come up as on their site. May go with them then

3. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Yeh they cover you with work as well, though like I said when u ring the price changes. Gonna try haggling them down but that's the worst which isn't 2 bad. Also gonna call Direct Travel again just incase cos the woman I spoke 2 was a bit moany so she may have been havin a bad day and gave me a bad price cos of that lol!!!

4. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I've not even started looking yet, are there things which the insurance has to include? and what kind of insurance am I actually looking for, like medical insurance, etc. ???

5. arron87

arron87 New Member

I havnt even thought about insurance yet. . but one thing, im confused over what excess is? if excess is £100. . does that mean if you have to claim then you need to pay an extra £100?

Cos yeah like someone said earlier if thats the case id almost rather go for the no excess, because im rarely ill and i guess if something was to actually happen if rather take the risk of paying the £100 when it happens, and save it if nothing happens.

but I may be completely wrong about what it is? anyone?

6. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I gave up looking and just going to go with Insure and Go when i get the money.

They cover you for work which some companies seem to charge more when you tell them. Plus for an extra £40 or so over Direct Travel, i'd rather have no excess incase something does happen otherwise i'll be dishing a lot more money out in the long term.

£220 isn't bad and will probably save money overall from using the Disney Insurance

7. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

yeah mate it's like if you made a claim, you'd have to pay that. so it's like if it's less than £100 extra (with no excess) then if you are ill once it'd be worth it...hope that makes some kinda sense :/

8. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

If you go with Insure and Go, do they send paperwork in the post or do you need to print something off?

9. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I heard from my sister that the Disney insurance is pretty cheap, just a little bit out your wages each month, and if you do need to claim they are right there, instead of having to call England and whatnot.

Think I'm just guna do the 4 month insurance and sort the rest with Disney. Got too much other stuff to pay for to be forking out for it right now.

10. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Hmmm, Now you say that mate, 4 months with Insure and Go is only £81. If the Disney insurance covered you fully for everything then it may not be so bad.

This whole part is doing me head in ;D

11. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Just seems easier to me. Don't have to explain that you're working etc.

What's the housing fee or whatever it is and how do I pay it lol

12. Cicada

Cicada New Member

The website that I have for the housing fee is: http://www.disneyurl.com/InternationalPAFs

And does anyone know what the disney insurance coverage is like and how much it costs each month? I'm debating if I'm going to go with a year or just the first 4 months.

13. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Yeah me too! Cos if Disney insurance isn't that much, then I might as well. But then, what about the month at the end of your visa if you want to travel? Do Disney cover you for that, too?

14. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Good question, sounds like one for Yummy ;)

Thanks for that link I'll check it out later when I get home. Does it say how much it is?

15. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

The Housing Fee? That's $100 mate

16. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Do we have to pay the first couple weeks rent as well as the housing fee, or is that what the housing fee is lol

17. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i got it into my head that it was for the grocery bingo and all those things...could be wrong

18. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I think Housing Fee is seperate and all the money you take with you is to cover you for the 1st 2 weeks including rent?

I'm confused ;D

19. mpark90

mpark90 Member

the housing fee is just for activities
    you still have to pay your rent, and whatnot, but you dont pay in the first week
    you pay in the 2nd week for 2 weeks rent because thats when youll get lots of money, well more x

hope this helps

20. arron87

arron87 New Member

yeah from last time i was there you pay your first 2 weeks rent in the 2nd week. . the housing fee i cant remember exactly but im sure its one of the things you pay in the first few days your there, i remember there being lots of meetings in the commons clubhouse with housing, sponsoring uni (ICP program), and vista bank.

also cheers matt it does make sense what you said earlier. . I think im going to get coverage for a year because I heard from somewhere that disney insurance is ok but has tons of clauses in it so basically if something was to happen to you theyd try everything they can to ensure they wern't liable and didnt have to pay out.
    I booked my flight the other day and as I did I got a quick quote online from STA which was £230 for the year. . . im imagining most places are roughly the same hopefully less