Insurance

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by xsamx, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Finally got some dosh so i can get my Insurance. Probably give Insure and Go a call tomorrow to get a quote on the phone and see how it varies to online.

2. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i haven't thought to ask this before...does our insure and go insurance cover travel (i.e. the flight over) or is it just medical etc while we're out there?

3. clover

clover New Member

i ave just read through all this thread and am now extreemly confused about insurance!!
    buy it for 4 months or a year, with disney or not??? I DONT KNOW!!!!
    luckily i dont leave till next year!!
    all i can sy is good luck to all you guys on deciding!

x

4. Karritada

Karritada New Member

when i went looking into insurance i found out that a lot of the places let u take out insurance and actually extend it if your not liking the look of the disney stuff so i took 4 months with insure and go and will mayb extend it later :)

5. clover

clover New Member

thats a good idea, didnt think of that! thanks
    x

6. Cicada

Cicada New Member

That is good, the place I'm getting my insurance won't let me do that. So I just went with the whole year so it is one less thing coming out of my paycheck and I will feel like I am making more money.

7. robbyg1989

robbyg1989 New Member

I just bought my insurance through RBC Insurance. any Canadians should check them out...i got 4 months for $288.00 CDN
    its pretty cheap and they cover like everythign

8. arron87

arron87 New Member

Quick question. . . when im looking for insurance, anyone know what I should be searching for. . is this an annual multi trip? or a backpacker/long stay?

9. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Backpacker is what me and a few others went with mate

10. Aindel

Aindel New Member

Good to know. I've been looking at CAA, Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Green Shield, and just about everything else I can think of. It's so hard to get a good grip on whether or not they have what I need, because their "free quotes" are so vague about everything! I'll probably put in some calls tomorrow. ...But do you have to have an account with RBC to qualify?

I'v also been thinking about getting something that just covers me the whole time I'm there, rather than the Disney stuff. I know someone there now, and she says that Disney insurance takes $19 out of each paycheck. In perspective, that's about $76 monthly. I'm sure I could find something better than that!

11. beowolf18

beowolf18 New Member

Me too, that if I apperceive anyone there now, and she says that Disney allowance takes $19 out of anniversary paycheck.

12. arron87

arron87 New Member

Finally got mine sorted! At first I was going to get 12 months instead of the 4 so I didnt have to worry about it later, but Ive spent so much recently Ive just gone for a cheaper 4 month option. . . Im with insure and go and ive heard you can extend with them so hopefully later on I can just do that, especially if Disney is $19 a week! thats extortionate!

13. ToddyBee

ToddyBee New Member

id go for insureandgo, for 4 months then disney, becos they cover dental and its only like $6 dollars a week or sumthing so for 8 months its like $192 dollars...thats one weeks worth of wages! plus divide that by the exchange rate at the moment thats £120...its a cheaper option i reckon, and its only for the 8 months really so ure probs end up paying less! just take extra money over with u as a back up fund!! it wud be silly going out there and relying just on ure money u earn in the first few months anyway!!! im gunna go with insure and go as went with them for my ICP, cheap and i ddnt even need to use it, and if it covers working and stuff!! sorted for the first 4 months

14. carlyshakes

carlyshakes New Member

hay.. i was looking at these guys.. did u go for longstay? or backpackers? and did u get bronze, silver or gold?! thanks. x

15. ToddyBee

ToddyBee New Member

ive not booked it yet as i dnt go til december, but id go with the option where u pay no exccess so probs the gold option possibly, cos if anything happens and u have to pay £100 excess, its worth spending the little extra to be covered and not have to fork out more money!! it wud be more expensive, especially in a kitchen envirnoment if ure working F&B or hauling heavy boxes in merchandise...

16. arron87

arron87 New Member

I went for backpacker. . tends to be cheaper than long stay, only slightly though. Also I went with the basic option, it has £100 excess but I need every penny I can get at the moment, if something actually happens where I need to pay the excess, then fair enough but im hoping nothing will come up, id be extremely unlucky!
    I went with insure and go backpacker for 4 months, standard excess for £60

17. carlyshakes

carlyshakes New Member

excellent.. thanks y'all. :)

18. PinkRoses31

PinkRoses31 New Member

In the United States, the underwriting loss of property and casualty insurance companies was $142.3 billion in the five years ending 2003. But overall profit for the same period was $68.4 billion, as the result of float. Some insurance industry insiders, most notably Hank Greenberg, do not believe that it is forever possible to sustain a profit from float without an underwriting profit as well, but this opinion is not universally held. Naturally, the “float†method is difficult to carry out in an economically depressed period. Bear markets do cause insurers to shift away from investments and to toughen up their underwriting standards. So a poor economy generally means high insurance premiums. This tendency to swing between profitable and unprofitable periods over time is commonly known as the "underwriting" or insurance cycle.

19. clover

clover New Member

does anyone know wot the disney insurance includes after the 4 months??? i heard it doesnt have a very large medical cover on it??

20. PinkRoses10

PinkRoses10 New Member

Insurance, in law and economics, is a form of risk management primarily used to hedge against the risk of a contingent loss. Insurance is defined as the equitable transfer of the risk of a loss, from one entity to another, in exchange for a premium, and can be thought of as a guaranteed and known small loss to prevent a large, possibly devastating loss. An insurer is a company selling the insurance; an insured or policyholder is the person or entity buying the insurance. The insurance rate is a factor used to determine the amount to be charged for a certain amount of insurance coverage, called the premium. Risk management, the practice of appraising and controlling risk, has evolved as a discrete field of study and practice.