International College Program '06 Cast Introductions

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by KC, Dec 1, 2005.

1. KC

KC Guest

lol! Unfortunate and painfully reminiscent of Space Cadets...

*crosses fingers that that doesnt happen*

Good luck to all you ringing tomorrow peoples!

Kev

2. craiggg

craiggg New Member

Hey, i rung yummy jobs on wednesday, i spoke to Alexis and she just ran over leaving dates, departing dates etc, saying that we will receive a pacgage from them in the new year and one from Disney in Feb, when we get our package from yummy jobs, we have to fill in a criminal background check form and send it back with £49 check ;) then we have to make an appointment with the American Embassy in London to complete our 'J1 Visa applications'

Ooh, there was something about getting travel insurance from a company called 'Gateway' but she said all the info will be in our pack they're sending in January.

Hope that clears things up

Craig :p

3. Chrissie

Chrissie Guest

Still cant believe its £49, lol! I cant wait to get my visa! ;D

4. adjonline

adjonline New Member

I used the Gateway insurance - about £150 for three months. My program was rushed (from application to flying out in three weeks!) so I just went with it, but looking back, I think it was very excessive.

5. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Name: Louisa Gibbs
    Residence: Surrey, England; Cheltenham, England (term-time)

Position Offered: Quick Service Food & Beverage (Feb - May)/Operations (May - Jan
    First Choice? well sort of... I wanted Operations more.. but I'm doing that for longer so meh
    Interview Location: Cheltenham
    Interview Date: 21st November and 29th November (yes I had two  ;))

College/University: University of Gloucestershire
    Studying: BA Tourism Management with Hospitality Management

Height: 5'10"
    Hair:
    Golden brown
    Eyes: blue

Interests: Well erm lemme think... DISNEY of course... I can't tell you how much I love Disney... they knew me as the Disney expert at the presentations we had  ;D, erm... I'm a cheerleader...with the Cheltenham Dynamites...actually my captain has told me I'm not allowed to go... cos I go two months before competition LOL and am of course the best backspot  :p i wish lol.  I'm also an Assistant Guider with my local guide unit at home...used to do Brownies too much cant now I'm at uni, I love reading, Disney, Harry Potter, Disney, eating, Disney, doing my website dedicated to ones placement, Disney, cross stitch (just doing one of sleeping beauty's castle :D ) Disney, Johnny Depp, Disney and I'm sure there's some more things but my brain is swtiched off for the holidays...oh...and DISNEY  ;) :p :D

Other Stuffs: I'll be kinda shy when I get there...but will soon open up hehe... I'm not a cheerleader for nothing!  Oh and I sing a lot, dunno if I can  :-\ but hey just tell me to shut up   ;)

I'm one of those ones doing the placement along with the whole studying with a US university... actually its the University of Michigan  :D

Nyways cant wait tbh

Just need to get my visa sorted  :-\ but yummyjobs said they would tell me when to sort it out... ooooooh I dunno... time to contact the uiversity placement office methinks  ;)

faith, trust and a little pixie dust :D xxxx

Louisa xx

6. Mat

Mat Guest

Name: Mat Heaume
    Residence: Guernsey, Channel Islands

Position Offered: Lifeguard  ;D
    First choice?: Yes
    Interview Location: Cardiff
    Interview Date: November sometime

College/University: University Of Gloucestershire
    Studying: Sports Education (Third Year)

Height: Under 6ft
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Blue

Interests: I play hockey for university, I also do a lot of kickboxing and Jiu Jitsu. I play a lot of sport and regularly run half marathons – I’m not crazy enough to do a full one just yet! Next year I will be doing my PGCE to teach Physical Education at secondary school.

Other things: If you want to add me to MSN I am always up for a chat – my email is: mheaume@hotmail.com

7. shell

shell New Member

Hey Mat and Louisa,

I shouldnt even be posting here. Im on the international program at the moment here for a year until next september but I was a student at Uni of Glos til last summer when i graduated so thought i would say hi! you guys are going to love it here. any questions feel free to email me

shell x

8. topofox

topofox New Member

Hi everyone!
    Can anybody tell me how did u apply for the ICP?, I'll be a cast member in the IP in F&B since Feb 21st, but my borther and some friends want to apply for the ICP. If someone can help me, that would be great.
    Congratulations to all of U.

Medardo
    F&B 06-07
    Mexican Pav.

9. Mat

Mat Guest

Hi Shell,

Whats your e-mail address? I have got a few questions to ask you if thats ok!?  ???

Speak to you soon,

Mat

10. shell

shell New Member

Hey Mat

would have been useful if i had left it in the last post really...

my email address is wyeknot22@hotmail.com

fire away with the questions and ill help as much as i can!
    im just off to work now! speak soon x

11. Tigger:-D

Tigger:-D New Member

Name: Alexandra (Alex) Bennion
    Residence: Chester

Position Offered: Character Performer (Tigger) 
    First choice?: Yes
    Interview Location: Liverpool
    Interview Date: 14th November

College/University: University Of Huddersfield
    Studying: Events Management (First Year)

Height: 5ft 10"
    Eyes: Bluey green

Interests: Well, I am a couch potato! My fav TV programme is Spongebob Squarepants as he is cool :D. But I enjoy the occasional night out  ;) I love Disney especially Tigger. ;)  ;D

Oh...and I start on the 30th May 2006!

12. Michael

Michael New Member

Hey Tigger

Just thought id let you know that im goin out on May 30th as well... there is a post on here sumwere for us May 30th people..

Im Mike by the way

13. Tigger:-D

Tigger:-D New Member

Hey Mike

I found the thread now, thanx for telling me.

14. gemmalou

gemmalou New Member

Hey guys!

Name: Gemma Wiltshire (call me gem, gemma, gemma-lou whatever, ill respond to 'em all :D
    Age: 20 ( 21 in february, so ill be 21 when i get to the states!)
    Residence: Coventry when at university, Leicester when not. Born in kent

Position Offered: Merchandise
    First choice?: Yes- yey!
    Interview Location: Birmingham
    Interview Date: erm.. im not sure i know- November sometime!
    College/University: Coventry University
    Studying: BA (hons) Graphic Design
    Flight Leaves: June 25th, from London

Height: erm.. about me big! over 5 foot i know that much!
    Hair: Brown ( at the moment, they told me at my interview id have to dye it cos it was too bright!)
    Eyes: Brown

Interests: Anything 1970's- i was born in the wrong decade dudes! I love marc bolan, lead singer of T-rex a band from the 70's. I got a guitar for christmas cos i desperately want to learn (cos i think its pretty cool)- maybe i can meet a talented peep over the summer who can teach me :) Im intersted in astrology, fate and destiny. I love my family and friends more than anything in the world! I want to travel and see the world, and disney is that start of that- woohooo!

Why I applied: When i was a kid i was lucky enough to have a wonderful grandad, it was his dream to take his grandchildren to disney world when he retired after struggling his whole life to build up his own business. Unfortunately when he retired he got ill, and we lost him to cancer in 1998. But he made sure his dream came true, and left instructions in his will for my Nan to take his 5 grandchildren, my mum and dad, my auntie and uncle and my nan to disney world. So in september 1999 we went, and it was amazing. The place will always have great memories for me, not just because its an amzing place but because it reminds me of my grandad- and im so glad ive been accepted to join the disney team, not only for the experience it will give me, but so i can do it for my grandad, and make him proud.

So thats me, I'm really looking forward to coming over the pond and making loads of new friends. I can't wait to meet you all and i hope we can all keep usng this site to keep in touch before we get there :D

Hugs gem x0x

p.s is there a forum for ICPr's like us to chat about general wonderings, like our worries, how excited we are, what we are doing etc?

15. Hayleybean

Hayleybean New Member

Hey guys!

Just a general hello to everyone.  I'm Hayley and I'm gonna be starting in the UK pavillion on August 29th, working on merch, for a year.

I'm so excited!  Also, soooo glad I found this site!  Its going to become a bible, I can tell!  I've learned so much more already.  But oh my god. I'm so excitedddddddddd!  Ahem, so yeah. Yay!

16. gemmalou

gemmalou New Member

Hey Guys!

are there no other ICP's around?!?!?

And where are all the ICP's doing summer '06 whove introduced themselves on this section? I feel all lonely in these forums- there must be more of us than this!
    I know its 6 months away, but im soo excited already and want to start getting to know people ;D

Hugs Gem x0x

17. Michael

Michael New Member

Sorry

i have continued perusing this site.. daily lol but i just havent found oppurtinity's to add post's lol

im goin Florida TONIGHT to see my girlfriend over there.. so if i have any valuable insights then i shall let you all know next week..

18. *Linzi*

*Linzi* New Member

Name: Linzi Shedden
    Residence: From Kilmarnock near Glasgow, Uni in Aberdeen

Position Offered: Merchandise, baby!
    First choice?: Yea, man!
    Interview Location: RGU, Aberdeen
    Interview Date: 18th November

College/University: Uni of Aberdeen
    Studying: BSc (Hons) Zoology
    Height: bout 5' 10
    Hair: Brown/blonde
    Eyes: Hazel

Interests: Horse riding, reading and going to the gym.

Other stuffs:
    * I work as a part-time receptionist in a hotel when I'm at Uni.
    * A week after I get back from America I am going to Florence and then Rome.
    * Flying out to the States on the 25th June from Manchester.
    * I'm really excited!! ;D

19. heatherh

heatherh New Member

HELLO THERE!! ;D

Name: Heather
    Residence:Newark (nottinghamshire)

Position Offered: Merchandise
    First choice?: It was my second but im still very happy!
    Interview Location: Birmingham
    Interview Date: 9th November

College/University: University Of Lincoln
    Studying: International Tourism (First Year)

Height: 5ft 9"
    Eyes: Brown

Interests: Love Disney of course. Like the cinema, im a shopaholic, love music and clubbing (dancing!!) Not really the sporty type, I work Part time at Mcdonalds as a Floor Manager (its a laugh and money is quite good for me!!)

I start 25th of June - Fly from MANCHESTER!!!

I just can't wait to get out there! Looking forward to meeting you all!
    Bye for now x :-*

20. lynne :)

lynne :) New Member

Hey everyone!
    Is everyone getting excited?!

Name: Lynne Grigor
    Residence: Aberdeen, Scotland

Position Offered: Attractions
    First choice?: Yes!
    Interview Location: Aberdeen
    Interview Date: Cant remember but it was the day before the new harry potter film was released- such an exciting week!

College/University: Aberdeen University
    Studying: MA Politics and International Relations
    Height: em....bout 5'5
    Hair: Red
    Eyes: Green

Interests: cinema, shopping, swimming, going out and things like that

Im leaving on the 25th June from Manchester via Boston- drop me an email if any of you are on the same flight

See ya guys soon!
    xxx