Interview insight

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Disney_Geek, May 29, 2010.

1. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Pfft like I'll need to call guest services! Ha ha just jokes. That was an awesome insight Tino... And now I'm excited... And I have to sleep... Thanks... Lol.

2. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

OK, I think im gonna get the CV sorted then decide which job to apply for. I think i would find Youth Activities much more rewarding but i need to earn some serious money hmmmm.

3. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Lee even if you don't do F&B you will still earn a reasonable amount of cash. We basically get everything paid for. And we don't have to pay taxes.

4. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

No Tax, now that sounds nice. ;D

5. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Lol at least that's what I've heard. I'm pretty sure it's true though.

6. patito77

patito77 New Member

Don't think that's correct.

I mean that the pay p/hour they told you must be considered tax-free as they have already calculated the amount of taxes ;)

Hi, I'm Italian and can't find online any other italian to join the Magic or the Wonder next fall...
    By the way I'm quite sure there will be other ones, maybe they don't know about this board yet... or maybe they are too shy to write lol ;D

I'll be a merchandise host. ::)

Hope you can host me here with you ;)

Have fun you all! 8)

7. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Lol welcome. I'm also gonna be a Merch host :D :D :D

Great to meet another person going :p

8. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

OK, i think i have my CV and cover letter done to the best of my ability now. I have several questions before i send of

1. Did anyone include a photo in their CV which they email to the cruise line
    2. I assume people put specifically what role they were going for like Merch, F&B ect
    3. How does the Visa work ane what type of one do you get on cruiseline? I heard some crazy stuff like a 10 year international one?

cheers ;D

9. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

the visa you get is a C1/D1 Seaman's visa and yes it is usually valid for 10 years. Obviously tho its to provide you with the ability to work on a ship, not in america (or any other specific country)

10. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Thats fair enough i guess. Would be a pretty cool Visa to have in the Passport with the Q1 :p

11. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

yeah, the only reason i know that id because my room mate from when i was on the CRP had done 3 disney cruise contracts before, she was from the UK too and had 2 passports stuck together because her seaman's visa was in her expired passport but she had to keep it because i think if you get one you use to for ship work until it runs out,so she needs to keep it incase she wants to go back again!!

12. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Thats cool. 10 years is a pretty generous Visa too. Thanks for answering that. Just need to sort the other answers and im all set to go. ;D

13. Tino_Bambino

Tino_Bambino Member

hey mr matthews..... i dont recall sending a pic with my cv so no.

In ur cover letter, include what you want to do on DCL.... it will help determine where u will go... it cn go either way.

btw so far i havent been taxed but iv only been paid once with no tax woop woop.

Everything Jackson said regarding the contract its exactl as she said!

xoxoxo

14. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

cool cool. Just sent the CV and cover letter off to do Food and Beverage (didn't include photo but said i can supply one on request). Kids and Youth Activities interviews are not till early next year. Keeping fingers crossed and hope i get to next months interviews

Bit of a side question, is there a large Gay scene on cruiseline like the CRP seems to have?

15. Tino_Bambino

Tino_Bambino Member

i had a feeling u wud ask that lol. nearly every night is a theme night in the bar ie Latin night, rock (tonight), it changes all the time. next week we have a gay night. theres alot of gay people on here but its not as IN YOUR FACE as disney was.

xxoxoo

16. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

lol, i was just curious as to what its like considering your on the ship a lot. CRP was a tad hardcore so to speak.lol

Need to get my CV's for Adventures by Disney, Yummy jobs hotel programs ect as a back up plan too ;D

17. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

I don't think you will need a back up plan Lee :p

18. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Like you said, im not going to mention my record card. I finished the CRP with like 10 points ( 4 points alone are from clocking in like 1 minute late and managers never removed) and i did get stung with a reprimand for being like $5 out on my chippy tills when i was training new peeps.

I'll just mention being a Core Trainer, Assignor, 7 Service Fanatic Cards and a Quarterly Award where i had to meet 'the cockrel' ;D

19. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

As my impatience got the better of me yesterday, i resent the CV and stuff directly to Gary who i believe deals with Hiring for F&B

Wake up this morning with a reply at 8am asking if i was free for a call about 9am. I only replied about 20 mins ago but i now sitting here preying that they call back today

20. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Oh man that's wicked!!! :D I would ask how it went on here? But I think fb will get a faster response ha ha.