INTERVIEWS

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by CherylLynn, Apr 4, 2008.

1. CherylLynn

CherylLynn New Member

I am from Canada and I know all the information about applying through Cast-A-Way..what I'm wondering is....
    Does Disney ever do interviews for their cruise lines in Florida? I am headed down in June to do the CRP...I know I would have to come back to Canada after because of the VISA, but I would like to do the cruise thing soon after ending the CRP.

2. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Yes they have presentations and interviews I believe! I saw a notice about that when I lived at the commons ;)

3. Linz

Linz New Member

Hey, I'm in Florida on the CRP right now, I'll be done my contract June 28th( might run into you if your in merch). it is possible to have a cruiseline interview while your down here. I am going to be having one on May 12th. it did take quite a while to organize and set a date for the interview as the actual recruiter is often on the road or abroad, holding recruiting sessions all over the world. Start early, send them your resume at least 3 months before your contract is done. so you can schedule your interview before your contract is up. I have a friend who was also trying to set up her interview but they could not accommodate her before her departure date and told her to set up an interview through cast-a-way once she returned to Canada. I told her to contact Eric now so she can have the interview as soon as she gets back. good luck!

4. CherylLynn

CherylLynn New Member

Thanks for all the info....if I am applying while I am down there where/how would I apply?

5. Linz

Linz New Member

Hey when your redy to apply send your cover letter and resume to Karen at HR.
    She is very helpful, we were emailing back and forth everyday for about a week and a half to find an interview date that fit both mine and the recruiters shedule.

Karen M Peetoom
    Disney Cruise Line Human Resources
    Email: Karen.M.Peetoom@Disney.com

Wish me luck my interview is tomorrow!

6. CherylLynn

CherylLynn New Member

Oh, good luck, but I'm a little late now...how did it go??

7. Linz

Linz New Member

hey, good news I got the job. Well i need to pass the medical, and backround check first. they put alot of emphasis on being able to cope with ship life. It's no picnic 10 hr/days 7 days a week for 6 months. so be sure you want it, before you apply.

8. CherylLynn

CherylLynn New Member

Congratulations! When will you start and which ship? You must be SOOOOOO excited!!!