iPhones? Question..

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by NZ_Jess, Oct 23, 2010.

1. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Hey so I have an iphone 3gs on a prepaid sim
    Just wondering if anyone knows if I will be able to pick up a sim card in america to use in it? Because the roaming charges on my provider are CRAZY expensive.
    If I can't get a sim card in america for it, i'll probably just buy a cheap prepaid phone to use there, though I'll still take my iphone to use the wi-fi and stuff :)

2. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Try www.truphone.com

I'm not sure what sort of rates you are after but this sim works all over the world :)

3. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Oh thanks, I'll check it out :D

4. Aisling

Aisling New Member

you can get prepaid phones in walgreens with something like 300 mins for only 30 dollars.

5. Peever

Peever New Member

Made a post on another thread about ophones. to be honest your best bet is to get to the Metro PCS near walmart as soon as yhou can and get a phone. No contracts etc but you buy the phone outright. Its more expensive upfront than getting the pay as you go. However, at a flat rate of aroudn 50-60 bucks a months you can call anyhwhere in the world as much as you like and they can call you as much as you want. You cant text and use data at unlimited amounts as well. It really is a good deal and you only need to worry about paying a bill once a month. THats what I did and what I would suggest.

6. 0n3thousandwords

0n3thousandwords New Member

Or just get your phone unlocked and buy an AT&T/Verizon/Sprint sim? [prepaid] :)

7. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

I think I'm gonna get one of those truphone sims, they seem like a pretty good deal all up! OR just get a prepaid over there, doesn't really bother me so much :D

8. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

I'll be getting a prepaid American sim whilst I'm over there, for contact peeps in America, and then just using Skype to call back home for free :D!

9. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member