Is any one else nervous?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by thecaseman83, Dec 25, 2004.

1. thecaseman83

thecaseman83 New Member

Hey guys!

My name is Casey and I am going to be going to work in Merch in the canadian pavillion. I am going down March 15!

I cant believe how fast its coming. It seems like yesterday was March when i found out lol.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone else is scared/nervous about going? I am 21 and i should be over the scared part but im not lol. I am really looking forward to going..I mean its Disney! But at the same time i guess im nervous about going all the way to Florida!

I was just wondering if anyone else is feeling this way? i dont want to be the only one!

Anyway...I look forward to meeting everyone and i am bringing my X Box with NHL 2005 down so we will have to have a few tournaments!

Take Care!

Casey

2. feeona

feeona New Member

hey, i guess i will feel a little nervous when it gest close to june. I think i will have a few doubts about whether i will be able to do three months away from home. But the challenge and excitement of it all prevents me from feeling nervous.

3. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Hey casey & feeona

casey i am extremely nervous the fact i dont know anyone, hope people will like me & distance from home! as soon as i get there i know ill b ok but its the build up!

i still have til june to go and the butterflies are already kicking in!

Sara xx

4. Lourina

Lourina New Member

Hi there
    I'm glad to hear that there are a few more nervous about going ;)
    I have a departure date of March 29th, from the UK and I'm extremely nervous about the year ahead probably due to the fact I never thought I'd make it  :)(the date I was meant to be told by had passed by 2 months! - was totally out to of the blue!)  so anyway I started making arrangements about going back to university and now I am extremely confused about what I want to do...
    ... I know it's Disney and I've wanted this for so long, but am extremely confused as I really want to take on this course of study also. I can't believe I'm in this situation. I don't want to go and not complete the year, or make the wrong decision myself and regret it, and more than anything I would hate to take a position away from somebody who really wants and deserves it.

Any one any advice? ;D
    Luv Sab
    xxx

5. thecaseman83

thecaseman83 New Member

Im also glad im not the onl;y one who is nervous!

Itv will be a lot of fun once i get down there, make my frienfds and start to have some sort of a routine.

The decision between school and disney is tough. I guess you really have to go with what your heart tells you. I am doing the first year of my course now, doing my year at Disney and then finishing up the last year of my course.

I guess you have to decide what you really want. Can your course be postponed a year? Maybe if the school knew about your opportunity they would be willing to set something up.

Anyway I hope you make the best decision for you..as at the end of the day the only one who really matters is you.

Take Care and let me know if you need any more help!

Casey

6. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

Hey Guys!!

I know how you all are feeling cause i felt the same way this past summer. I spent 5 months away from home working at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge in Jasper, Alberta. I was extremely nervous going up because i didn't know anybody and wondering if i would fit in. Turned out i had the best summer of my life...i made friends from all over the world and keep in contact regularly.
    I guess the best advice i can give is to just be yourself. All of us who will be working down there or are working down there have something in common. We are all able to drop everything and go and experiance things that put us in unfamiliar territory and live and get along with people that we don't even know. And you will find that the personalities that you will encounter will be similar to yours because it takes special people to do this job.

But anyways i think you all will be fine and have a blast and i am looking forwad to meeting you all.

Cheers to Disney

Robyn

7. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Everyone - i think i will be nervous in June! Particulary on the flight over and stuff not knowing what i'll find! Although i think i'll be fine as when i went to upstate NY for my exchange yr i'd never been to america b4 and knew noone in the country, it was the same when i went to work in France - so i figure at least this time i've been lucky enougth to find this board and chat to u guys! I cant believe this time next yr we'll have had a disney christmas!

8. thecaseman83

thecaseman83 New Member

Hey Robyn

Im getting a bit more confident knowing a lot of people are in the same boat.

I am also looking forward to meeting all of you guys down there and seeing what fun we can have lol.

Pleasure island Thursday nights everybody!

9. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

i am bloody terrified

10. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hi Gals and Guys,

I am very nervous too, first I thought it was going to be a piece of cake,
    and now as feeling the date get closer, it is terrifying.
    I have the same worry Robyn used to have, I dont know if I am going to fit in.
    I am scared of being alone sometimes, even though i have been away for home for 4 months.

But I am sure we are gonna do fine.
    Just adapt , and everything will come out great.

Well see ya

Thanks
    Robb ;D

75 days!!!! :eek: Been waiting for so long!!!

11. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

im feeling prety nervous about the whole thing but its not a negatve nervous - its kinda like a nervous excitement!!

As its now 2005 and Im heding out there THIS YEAR I think Mrach is gonna come around pretty quickly!!!

Im not too worried about fitting in with everyone else as . like Robyn said, I think it takes a certain type of person to do this job - we're all like-minded types and we've alll been through the agonising application process to get out there!!!

Also the pople that I have met from there boards - sara dan ellen charlotte matt etc have all been great so I know it'll be fine once we're out there!!!

I am a bit worried about getting everything sorted out in time though!!!

See you all out there soon!!!

Michelle xx

12. Dine

Dine New Member

I´m very nervous! I leave from germany in 4 weeks! I m indescribably nervous, so much that I can´t be pleased about my leaving´at present!

Nadine

13. Kaddy

Kaddy New Member

Hey Casey,
    I am starting to get nervous too.
    And I am also gettin more and more mentally weak... Even though I am really looking forward to it, I am scared. But all will be fine.

:)

Greeetz, Kaddy