Is any one going on the 19th August??!!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by seanny boy, Jan 11, 2008.

1. DisneyGal

DisneyGal New Member

what about those from norway that are going on 9 and 6 month programs.. Will they still have a 13 month visa or maybe just 10 and 7 months?

2. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

I have no idea how that works, but I'd imagine that they still get the Q1 and that it would be valid for the same time as others... I don't think Disney has the influence to make the embassy make the visa valid for a shorter period of time.

3. *tinkerbell*08/09

*tinkerbell*08/09 New Member

Hi!
    my appointment is next thursday!
    I'm going for 5 months but i wanna stay 6 months. i wrote five on the forms too, so i hope that there is no problem. i guess the j-1 visa is valid for 6 months, 13 in your case...

4. Il_Padrino

Il_Padrino New Member

Hello, nice to see some familiar faces here. Im going witth *tinkerbell*08/09 and I cant wait to get there...
    I had my visa today, but I have to pay the SEVIS fee, dunno what it is...

Hopefully we will see all of you soon! :)

5. PeXoXaLoVePooH

PeXoXaLoVePooH Active Member

hi there! well i was a july 29! but my offer pack didnt arrive on time and today called my recruit and he said that i was going to be moved to august 19!!!

My name is Ely im from Mexico and i'll do CRP! F&B!!! =D

6. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Do you mean the housing assesment fee of $85? That's the only fee I know about... Exept for the visa fee, but if you got it you've already paid that I expect.

I'm so exited, it's only 3 weeks left now! I'm having my visa interview next week :)

7. coco

coco New Member

so we all will start our program on august 19th, but i wonder when will you all arrive?
    me and somy guys will arrvie on august 18th and stax at the hotel for the night!
    and you guys?

i wonder if we might get roommates!

8. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

That would be cool 8) I arrive on the 19th, but I don't know when yet... They'll probably let me know a few days before, or a week before if I'm lucky...

9. *tinkerbell*08/09

Padrinho!!!!! * * * * * ;)

some info that could be usefull:

Pay the SEVIS Fee

What is a SEVIS fee? It is a one off fee to cover the cost of administering the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).

How much is the fee? For the University Graduate Program the fee is $100.00

When and how must the fee be paid?
    The fee is paid to the Department of Homeland Security in the United States prior to applying for the visa. It cannot be paid at the Embassy. The applicant, the sponsor or a third party can pay the fee. The fee must be processed at least three business days prior to the date of the visa interview. Proof of payment of the fee should be presented at the time the applicant applies for the visa.

The fee is non-refundable. No refunds will be made because a visa has been refused. Refunds will only be made for payments made in error.

How to pay…..Go to: https://www.fmjfee.com/index.jhtml

see u :)

10. *tinkerbell*08/09

@ Il_Padrino :

Padrinho não! isso querias tu haha

-/-

We'll also arrive a few days earlier... on the 16th and stay near lake buena vista (i guess).

11. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

So Disney emailed me asking me to send them my itinerary so I did and they responded by saying there are HUNDREDS of people checking in on August 19th... How crazy is that.

12. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Wow, really? Oh no, hope that doesn't mean we have to wait long to be registered at vista after traveling for so long!

13. Tiffany

Tiffany New Member

yeah on july 29th there were 100 new arrivals too... crazy seeing so many new people

14. carly200

carly200 New Member

august 19th will have over 600 people checking in from CRP and CP... ( minus the ones that cancel at the last moment)

15. PeXoXaLoVePooH

600???? thats alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-\

16. carly200

carly200 New Member

yeah, they said that it will probably become a crazy mess and that I should be lucky to arrive a few days later... i hope that holds.

17. PeXoXaLoVePooH

but u can arrive later??? i tought we have to arrive all in the same day...

18. carly200

carly200 New Member

well, usually u can not arrive later. but i was rescheduled to september 9th

19. *tinkerbell*08/09

600?!?! That's crazy...

lol ok, no Appartments 4 us! :'( ;)

20. PeXoXaLoVePooH

oh i see!!! i tough u will arrive like august 20 or 21, i was resheduled too, i was leaving july 29 but my visa paper havent arrived (and havent arrrive yet) so they told me i will be there hopefully august 19, if my documents arrive in time!!! i hope sooo!

yes there are aparments!!1 until i know patterson is almost empty! one of my friends is there, and he told me is empty! so theres room in patterson!!! ;)