Is HSM and Hannah montana taking over true Disney

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by 03goodl, Jul 5, 2009.

1. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

Does any one Else other then me feel that HSH and Hannah Montana is taking over from Walt Disney dream of animated princesses in a magical world. I went to Orlando last summer and was shocked but all the merchandise and how little girls wanted to be the next Hannah Montana rather then the previously loved Disney princesses!!

Don't get me wrong i still LOVE Disney but does anyone Else have this view??

2. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

same here, i think that the ''new disney'' is loosing all that disney is about, like you say,i still love disney, but its starting to go in the wrong direction from what Walt and Roy originally planned it,
    in my opinion anyway

3. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

I also feel sorry for the animators who created such loved titles like snow white and peter pan i mean i know Winnie the pooh and enchanted aren't true Disney but at least they have the same feel all this HSM originate from the Disney original channel which i loved but should not have seeped in the parks!!

As you can see I'm rather passionate about this subject and i know loads of people love it so i guess i should hold my outage lol!!! ???

4. Lauralaura21

Lauralaura21 New Member

I think that it depends on who you grew up with. I loved The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast (and still do!) while growing up. Now HSM and Hannah Montana are around so thats who the kids love now.

5. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

I agree to a certain extent. I'm not a fan of HSM or Hannah Montana, but I *am* a fan of Pirates Of The Carribean.
    You've also got to remember that Disney has never been totally animated. Look at Bedknobs and Broomsticks or Mary Poppins, for example. Yes, they had some animation in them, but they were primarily live action.
    Then we have the other side of Disney... the bit that's joined with Pixar. From which we find such wonders as The Incredibles or Finding Nemo. Again, not true Disney, but still great.

I think I've found the problem! True Disney contains magic. Things that can't happen in the real world. Whether it be jumping into a chalk picture, or being a super hero, or having a Beast turn into a human being!
    The issue with HSM and Hannah Montana? It could actually happen. Apart from the whole bursting into song mid-gym class. Otherwise, perfectly realistic.

We just all love our fantasies and want to get away from the real world, don't we? Lol!!! :D

6. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

I think you just struck the nail on the head!!!

7. Xeneelk641

Xeneelk641 New Member

8. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

now that looks a lot better than all of the new 3d and live action disney stuff, keeping in line with the classic disney style. cant wait to go see it :D

9. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

YouTube is blocked at my school ARHHH i can't watch it i bet it looks AMAZING though

10. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

Wanna see!!!! Omg, that's going to be so good. Proper traditional, handdrawn Disney, with the good guy and the bad guy and the comedy character and... OMG!!! :D :D
    Damn having to wait for release dates.

I wonder why they decided to make this though? Did they finally realise that it's been too long since they actually hand drew anything?

11. DivineAphrael

DivineAphrael New Member

When Eisner took over he closed down the hand drawn animation department. It was only when he went and they got someone new in that they started hand-drawn again, and that was only a couple of years ago. I think we can look forward to more cartoons after this one.

12. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAY I can't wait :p

13. Lauralaura21

Lauralaura21 New Member

Ooo! It looks really good. ;D Am I sad as I wanna see it at the cinema when it is released? Hehe! :)

14. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

Not sad at all. That was my first thought once I'd seen the trailer!

15. Lauralaura21

Lauralaura21 New Member

Yippeee!! Glad Im not the only one ;D

16. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Disney, like everybody else, has to move with the times. Once all this CGI came through, there was no way Disney couldve competed with regular animation. The fact that they are able to adjust and create Toy Story, Bolt, Up!, Monsters Inc etc is a credit to them and Walt's dream. The dream will never die, there are too many people that believe.

HSM and Hannah Montana came from The Disney Channel, so in my opinion, can't be compared to the classic Disney stuff. If you're talking films from the drawing board, then this centuries movies are right up there.

So to answer your question, no, I don't think 'true' Disney is being ruined. The magic will always live :)

17. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

Ruined is too strong a word for it. I don't think that true Diney is being ruined, just perhaps it had been sidetracked for a while. The fact that they closed down the hand drawn animation department is testament to that. The fact that they've opened it again proves that they've seen sense.
    Other people can do all this CGI... look at Shrek. But Disney has, and should always excel in the hand-drawn category. In my opinion, anyway.

18. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

I do not feel pixar film are ruining Disney at all as they still have the sense of MAGIC. I just feel reality films from the Disney original channel like HSM is taking over the magic in the theme parks e.g. by dominating the shows and merchandise. However some reality films they have made like Enchanted still have the Disney feel by being in a fantasy.

So overall i love the new Disney films that have been made this year apart from the reality teen drama revolution.

P.S i did use the word take over less strong then ruined ;D

19. Lauralaura21

Lauralaura21 New Member

This is true as I guess Disney is like fashion .... Just moving with the times. Hehe! ;D

20. Natalie_UK

Natalie_UK New Member

i miss the old classics i would rather have a classic piece of merchandie then HSM or hannah montana
    dont get me wrong they are good and i didt enjoy watchin them but i love it wen say the disney store brings back a classic and has a fair few bits of stuff i buy things like that xx ;D