J1 academic Program

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by gingerbeacon, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Haha, this is a bit of a long shot, but did you hear anything about a similar program for Canadians?

2. monkian

monkian New Member

oooohhhhh please let it stick around so i can go again...hee hee hee

3. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I haven't heard anything, but I guess as it's a new program, they're phasing it in, and so will probably end up going to Canada too...I know people from Portugal are on the same program, and there was supposed to be a group from China, but there were problems with their visa's.

4. Ona

Ona Member

Andy, yip, Disney weren't there, just jason so we have phone interviews scheduled for next week. :-\

Steamboat Willie, "relo" is relocation money. It's what you get when you complete your year on the IP. It consists of your flight reimbursement, 2 weeks pay, and your holiday pay. A nice little leaving present. ;)

As for other countires, Lou is spot on. It's a pilot prog based in the Uk but yummy are in the process of recruiting for the program all over the place! Switzerland, Holland, Portugal, Greece. I didn't hear Canada mentioned but I guess if all is going well it will be offered there at some stage. :)

Ona x

5. nick_uk

nick_uk New Member

... plus to add excitement, Jason said there is *talk of* California and Hong Kong opening up an International Programme... and dont forget as soon as the price of metal comes down, a third disney cruise line ship.... its all go :)

6. Ona

Ona Member

I know! ;D I was beginning to wonder if I'd imagined all that! ;D ;D ;D

Ona x

7. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Nice news, nice news :D

8. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

the disneyland program sounds good! (hopes there is a summer program for summer 2007 at disney land!!!)

9. monkian

monkian New Member

SSSSSoooooooo exciting dude!!!!!

10. Soda106

Soda106 New Member

California?!?!?! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Thats my ultimate dream 100%.. Im keeping my fingers crossed for that one to come true!

11. monkian

monkian New Member

i'm thinkin hong kong sounds pretty cool....wonder if tokyo.....mmmmm

12. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

That's awesome to hear! Hopefully in a year or two, it'll be all set! Thanks for the info!

13. Ona

Ona Member

Good luck for tomorrow guys! ;D

And remember.... (cheese alert! :D)....

A dream is a wish your heart makes
    When you're fast asleep
    In dreams you lose your heartaches
    Whatever you wish for, you keep
    Have faith in your dreams and someday
    Your rainbow will come smiling thru
    No matter how your heart is grieving
    If you keep on believing
    the dream that you wish will come true

Think about that tonight! Sweet dreams guys! :D

Ona x

14. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Best of luck - may all your wishes come true :)

15. nick_uk

nick_uk New Member

ITS THE INTERVIEWS TODAY!!!

And to get by, turn up the volume of our favourite character bus and disneyland paris parade music and sing these lyrics! :)

Good luck everyone... hope you all do fab - pixie dust is flying your way - and remember, dreams come true, even when you share em or my name isnt nick! :)

hey there, hi there ho there its our interviews today!
    waiting for them to call me for my disney kinda day
    lots of people waiting for a j1 visa too,
    all we have to do is make a wish
    and be together soon

we will be dancin, when we get the job
    singing... out of tune (i will be anyways)
    happy cause we're going to disney again
    we will be dancin, i hoper we get the job
    singing... everyone
    hoping to see you all at disney world!

16. Ona

Ona Member

OMG Nick that had me howling! :D :D :D

I woke up with my alarm playing that today (as usual ;)) but tomorrow I'll have that version in my head! ;D

Fingers crossed folks! :)

Ona x

17. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Sooooo how'd it all go???!!!

18. Ona

Ona Member

Seemed to go ok. :-\ Always difficult to tell over the phone. ;)

I was only asked a couple of questions (aparently I answered the rest in advance lol ;D) and they were fun questions! I was asked about magical moments I had performed and what my favourite attractions are. ;D I could have gone on all day. Lol! :D

And all that going on with a gigantic bee in my flat that I couldn't get rid of! I was terrified it was gonna attack me while disney were on the phone! ;D Lol! ;D

Apparently we will find out soon (within a week). Eeek! So fingers crossed.

Ona x

19. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

make sure and let us know as soon as you find out! does this mean the cruise is out?

20. Ona

Ona Member

Will do. :)

Well I've been waiting for a departure date for DCL for nearly 7 months now so the recruitment process hasn't exactly been ideal. :-\ I am technically still waiting. Ideallly I'd like to do the Academic Program, then DCL but I guess I'll have to see what happens. :-\

Ona x