J1 College Academic Program (Hospitality Management) arriving Oct 7th

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by scarkat, May 14, 2007.

1. scarkat

scarkat New Member

Hello everyone!!!

I'm Scarlet and I'm from Mexico. I'm really looking forward to go back to the magic on October 7th!! so.. is anybody else here going to be part of the Hospitality Management program this Fall???
    It might be cool for us to meet before we get there and maybe share some tips and ideas..

I look forward to meeting y'all!!

C ya real soon!!!

*Scarlet*

2. louise

louise New Member

Hi Scarlet. I'm Louise and i'm from England. I really can't wait until october. So you say your going back to the magic? did you work there before? I did the ICP last summer and had such a great time. Hopefully this program will be just as good.

3. scarkat

scarkat New Member

Hello Louise!!

Yeah i was part of the H2B program last year! from June 20th to November 10th.. I was QSR on Frontierland!! What program were you on???
    I'm definetely too excited!! i really cant wait to go back now!! i'll particularly enjoy the moment when I quit my current job to go back hahahaha!!
    Anywayz keep in touch! we'll soon be classmates haha!!

*Scarlet*

4. louise

louise New Member

I did the ICP from June to September last year. I was adventureland/glow merchandise so I could have seen you around in the tunnels etc. I was in Frontierland sometimes with my cart selling fans/glow toys before the parade. I can imagine that turkey legs wouldn't be much fun. Those turkey legs are so greasy. Anyway this time i'm doing merch again because I enjoyed it so much last time. What job are you doing this time?

5. scarkat

scarkat New Member

I definetely must have seen you around... I was usually located at the Churro stand, Turkey leg stand or frontierland's mcdonalds frycart :D
    This time around i can say gooooodbyeee to frying and sweeping hehe... this time i'll have a hospitality role.. Im still not sure on which resort I'd be working on.. but i'm very excited!!! Kinda nervous cuz i really enjoyed working at MK and being in the middle of the magic all day and I'm sure it'll be very different at a resort.. ???
    Anywayz.. my roomies were on the same program as you.. 2 of them worked at MK merchandise, one of them at Emporium and the other one at Fantasyland.. maybe you met them since you must have taken Traditions together.. their names are Milla REvahl (from Finland) and Michelle Hansen (from Denmark). :)
    Anywayz.. gotta go now!
    Good night and keep in touch!

6. tinydancinggirl

tinydancinggirl New Member

Helloooooo,

I'm applying for the J1A program :) I have my interview in ten days eeeep!! Really want it to hurry up and come so I can find out if I have a place!! :)

7. louise

louise New Member

I don't remember anyone with their names. So where did you live last time? I was in the lovely treehouses. They weren't that bad but i'm hoping that I will be somewhere different this time.

Good luck in your interview tiny! I'm sure you'll be fine.

8. tinydancinggirl

Thanks :) I'm taking my friend along and this is her first application to Disney so I think she's more nervous than me! :)

I was in Vista last year, had a BLAST...might even ask if it's possible to request where you live I had that much fun!! And it's the cheapest so I believe ;)

9. louise

louise New Member

Yeah I was a lot more relaxed about the interview this time. It was same process of presentation and then interviews.

I think that all us going to UCF wil be living in the same complex cause we have to get the bus there. Will have to wait and see where the july people get put.

10. scarkat

scarkat New Member

Helloooo!!!

Tiny.. I'm sure you'll be great!!! specially cuz it's ur second time so you know there's nothing to be worried about.. where's ur interview?? I have a friend from Denmark who's applying for this program on May 26th in England.. maybe you'll both go to the same interview!!

Louise.. I used to live at Treehouse as well.. actually, I lived from June to early Sept at Chatham (which i looooooooooved) and then, on my birthday :mad: i had to move to Treehouse.. which wasn't really all that bad after I got used to it.. I mean, after living 2 months at Chatham and having a nice 3-bedroom appartment, it was hard moving to an appt half the size of the other one at Chatham haha but it turned out really cool ;D

About all of us living in the same complex.. well, my friend who was part of this same program last year lived at Treehouse and her friends lived at VistaWay and other at Chatham sooooooooo... I think it all pretty much depends on where you'll work.. you know, if you'll work at MK then you'll most definetely live at Treehouse..

Anywayz.. Tiny keep us updated on how ur interview goes!! and dont remember to have ur speech ready about WHY THE HOSPITALITY SEMINARS WILL IMPACT UR FUTURE! hehe :D i know i didn't hahaha and at the moment i was like "............" i kept thinking in my head I JUST WANNA GO BACK!! hahaha

Take care!

*Scarlet*

11. flashinghelmet

flashinghelmet New Member

they ask how the seminars will impact on your future??? eeek, i have no idea.

12. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

Think of it as, 'why do you want to do this course, career wise?' i don't think the objective of it is just for people who wanna work for Disney, it's got more of a career goal, so be prepared.

13. flashinghelmet

flashinghelmet New Member

hmmm, well how do i get around it, when i only really applied for it cos its the quickest program i could get on! hehe.

i'll make something up!

14. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

All I said was I had aspirations to go into the global hotel chain and work internationally as a hotel manager, and that it was a future desire to learn another language so i could do so. I also talked of how I wanted to do an MSc in Hospitality Management. You're more than welcome to use my answer, even if it's not true. :D

15. tinydancinggirl

Yeah, I want to apply to do Hilton's graduate program but have a degree in French so anything vocational would help. Also, looking at some of the seminar titles, I think a lot of the skills we learn could be really transferable to any career (I'm interested in Marketing as well)...although you'll probably just want to go on about how interested you are in a career in hospitality ;)

Scarlet, my interview is on May 26th as well :) Can't wait, especially as it means I'll have 2 out of 6 finals out of the way by then...!

16. scarkat

scarkat New Member

hahahaha!! same here!!! I just asked "what's the quickest way to go back?" and that was it! i applied, had the interview and i'm on my way!! don't worry.. just remember to also say YOU WANNA LEARN FROM THE BEST hahaha in addition to Dylan's answer and you're all set haha!!

Good luck on ur interview guys!!!

17. Disneybound2009

Disneybound2009 New Member

Just hope you dont have the same interviewer as Dylan! :p

18. louise

louise New Member

I'm sure they are used to hearing the same answers over and over again. We had Kim and another women who I can't remember her name.

19. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

I said I wanted to learn from the best too. But Disney is the best player in the field and they know it.

20. ks050486

ks050486 New Member

I hadn't even thought about the hospitality aspect as a question!! So glad I read this thread - wasn't going to as have my interview next Fri and didn't want to jinx myself by reading anything in the Accepted forum lol! At least now I can go think of an answer!! Anything's better than doing coursework!
    Good luck to everyone else with an interview next week, I guess I'll see some of you on Friday!

xx