J1 College Academic Program (Hospitality Management) arriving Oct 7th

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by scarkat, May 14, 2007.

1. louise

louise New Member

Yeah deep breaths. I'm sure it will be there on time. So what time should you be arriving in orlando?
    I think my plane gets in about 2:30.

2. ElisaTonks

ElisaTonks New Member

Tell me about it, i used to work for a travel agency and people used to complain about a half hour delay - airplanes def do not appear magically. (all hail the day beam me up scotty becomes reality!!!)

grr that must be so annoying.
    I'm on the manchester flight due in at 2.35pm, which is about 10 min before the gatwick flight gets in!!! So theres a big chance we will be in the same coach load!

Saying you two have both done this before, what happens once we arrive at the airport, get to our accom etc.???

3. scarkat

scarkat New Member

Gosh.. i think i'll be the last one to ever get there haha!! According to Delta.. I should land at MCO at 11.59pm haha! not 11.58pm.. not 12pm.. but 11.59pm hehe

haha! half hour delay is NOTHING!! I got to see 4 flights cancelled within 4 hours!! it was CHAOS!!!! There wee passengers who had international connections to Europe or Asia and all we could do was reschedule them for the next day!! pfff.. now you see why I'm soo nervous about it?? :p Anywaz.. gotta think positive!!

uhm.. well last time I arrived at midnight as well sooo.. some of my friends did get there around 3pm so they told me they got together with the people they met on the coach and went to Walmart.. some others went to Boardwalk or Downtown Disney to get something to eat..

4. scarkat

scarkat New Member

ohh wait!!! did I mention I finally got my visa??? YAAAAAAAY!!!

It turns out they havent uploaded the internet information and my visa had been at the Mail office for days!! ppfff.. anywayz!! GET THIS: MY VISA EXPIRES 25 SEPT 2011!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

All my papers have the information about my contract ending April 4th.. but for some reason they've given me a J1 visa for 4 years!! hehe YAAAAAAAAAY!!! I hope this is good news for future work opportunities :D

5. louise

louise New Member

Lol thats really funny that your visa lasts for ages.

Last year I arrived at about 6pm at the airport I think but since one of my bags was delayed the disney people came and found us. So after finally getting my bag we waited for a while for the bus. Then this dropped us off at the different complexes we would be living in. I got the the complex and my roomates were just about to go out cause they had just arrived but we took my suitcases back and then went to downtown disney for a sandwich and ice cream.

I'm hoping that arriving earlier this time will mean that there will be time to go to walmart and get bedding. I remember being so cold last year because our air conditioning was on about 60 F and we used sheets as bedding. My advice is check what temp the air con is on.

6. scarkat

scarkat New Member

I know!! I'm really worried about that!!

I remember doing the same as you!! using sheets as beding and rolled towels as pillows haha!! I cant sleep well without pillows so I knoooooow with the excitement and the lack of pillows.. I'll get no sleep!! :-[

7. ElisaTonks

ElisaTonks New Member

i've decided to take a pillow at least even if i don't pack my duvet - with a bad back i don't think its a good idea for me to use towels! If i can though i will be on the first coach to walmart!!!!

aww i'm so jealous mine says 4th April 2007 :(

Anyone else struggling with packing, i'm trying to keep within the 23kg per bag but just can't do it - think i'm gonna be paying excess baggage. :(

8. ElisaTonks

ElisaTonks New Member

3 SLEEPS TO GO

9. scarkat

scarkat New Member

hehe I know!! I cant believe it!!! How is it that they can make a mistake like that?? hhmm.. I have to find out if that means I can apply for a fulltime job at Disney later on next year hehe that would be awesome!!

23kgs???? Woow!! at Aeromexico all passengers on international flights are allowed to take 2 suitcases no heavier than 32kgs each.. so I'm allowed 64kgs.. so I'm pretty sure that there's no way I'm paying excess baggage..

What airline are you flying with??

AND YES!!! 3 SLEEPS TO GOOOOOOOO!!! AND ONLY 2 DAYS AND A HALF BEFORE ORLANDOOO!! YAAAAAY!!!

I'm so tired though.. I havent slept that much these last days.. I've been going out with friends to say goodbye and early in the morning have been going out with my sister to help her with my nephews 1st bday party the day after tomorrow.. there's always something to do, someone to see and I havent even finished packing.. i'm halfway through though... *sigh*

10. ElisaTonks

ElisaTonks New Member

23kgs???? Woow!! at Aeromexico all passengers on international flights are allowed to take 2 suitcases no heavier than 32kgs each.. so I'm allowed 64kgs.. so I'm pretty sure that there's no way I'm paying excess baggage..

What airline are you flying with??[/quote]

I'm flying with Virgin - as of april you only get 23kg in economy :( however its only £20 per bag to bring it up to 32kg (yay!) on a good note, we've noticed are bathroom scales are giving us measurement on lbs instead of kgs when you but it on kgs for measuring, so my dad converted my allowance into stones and lbs and i'm a good 7lb lighter!!!!

As i've been ill i haven't really been able to see everyone, :( but i have a meal with family on saturday, and am going to pub 2moz nite!

11. scarkat

scarkat New Member

What's up y'all!!???

Are you ready for the Disney adventure?? yaay!! im soo excited!! i can already see me at the Commons Clubhouse!! :D :D

I bet y'all must be having their farewells now so.. have a good weekend, enjoy your family and friends.. and see you real soon at Orlando!!!

12. ElisaTonks

ElisaTonks New Member

Indeed!

Guys i will prob not come on here again until we are is the merry US of A so have a safe flight

and...

see ya real soon!

13. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Hey,

I just wondered out of interest, did any of you get put in the treehouses? I know they'd probably be no point in moving you there for 2 months, but i wouldn't put it past disney! haha..

14. louise

louise New Member

Hi. No we were put in vista or chatham. Yeah it doesn't make sense to keep moving people around.

15. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

Where is everyone working then?!

:D

16. ElisaTonks

ElisaTonks New Member

i'm working in qsr at disney mgm studios, mostly based at aBCX Commissary, but am also on rota for out door foods, and fantasmic alot, which is cool.

Louise and Iceman are at the emporium at the magic kingdom