January 2012 Applicants!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by staceyd1992, Jul 26, 2011.

1. eeileen25

eeileen25 New Member

omg so its over :(

2. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

No you still have 1 1/2 hours left.

3. emlour

emlour New Member

hi, my name is Emma, i'm 18 and this is my first time applying. just wondering about this whole cover letter thing, i've not heard anything about it?

4. rynobu25

rynobu25 New Member

Hey Emma, welcome!
    So the cover letter is basically going into detail (although not too much - 2 pages max.) about why you think Disney/Yummy Jobs should choose you for a place on the program. Some people put it in the same document as their CV, others put it in the motivation box, but I don't think it really matters, YJ see it either way. I hope that helps! :D
    P.S. Just so you know this round of applications closed at 3pm today, so you have plenty of time to write the perfect cover letter!

5. emlour

emlour New Member

i've already applied last week without a cover letter. i wrote quite a long paragraph in the motivation box though, the cover letter isn't necessary is it?

6. rynobu25

rynobu25 New Member

Thats OK then! :D That should be fine, I know some people who have applied and got through with just a bit in the motivation box, so you should be OK!
    It's so exciting! :D

7. emlour

emlour New Member

oh good, my friend applied last year without a cover letter and still got accepted so that gives me hope!

8. cannp123165

cannp123165 New Member

Hi Everyone! My name's Caroline, and I applied a few days ago for the CRP. It's my first time applying. :) Good Luck everyone with the applications! :)

9. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Nowhere does it say that you actually need a cover letter does it? I always thought that the motivations box was basically for saying what a cover letter would say so didn't feel the need to put any more than it asked for.
    It was exactly the same application form for the ICP and I got onto that so I'm hoping that all this cover letter stuff doesn't mean too much!

I guess applications are officially closed now! As soon as anyone hears anything let us know!

xxx

10. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Ok every time I click on this page I read eeileen's message saying "omg so it's over?" and I have a semi-heart attack ha ha. Anyone heard anything yet? It's hard to hack this pressure. :D

11. rynobu25

rynobu25 New Member

Hahaha so do I! It's horrible, I'm at sixth form trying to meet a deadline but keep checking here! :p It makes it worse that I have no access to Hotmail or Facebook... Ahh well, fingers crossed it's soon though! Good Luck!

12. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Ha ha I'm glad I'm not the only one then. Good luck to you too. And everyone.

13. ashstevo

ashstevo New Member

Hey i also applied this year and just got my email confirming that im through to the second stage of the interviews! I applied last year and got all the way to the face to face which was in june as memory serves but it would seem they're doing it a lot differently this year. last year the second stage was a telephone interview but this year we will be attending a presentation in Manchester followed by group interviews and the final stage will be held in February, a lot earlier than last year!

For those that haven't received an email yet, i hope this helps :)

14. Lyle09

Lyle09 New Member

Ive got a group interview as well in 2 weeks time in London :eek:

15. ashstevo

ashstevo New Member

They must be having them in different places depending on where you live then :)

I live in yorkshire and got mine in manchester

16. Missish

Missish New Member

Yep, they're regional pre-screen interviews, so it does depend on where you live (although I've only seen Manchester and London as the options).

SO EXCITED. Although nervous because I was all hyped up for a phone interview ... I've got all my notes for that! This is totally different!

17. ashstevo

ashstevo New Member

Does anybody know anything about these pre-screen interviews or is it a new thing for yummy jobs?

18. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

I haven't been on here in a while but just got an meal saying my interview is in London on the 26th of Jan :D How exciting! If I do not get a grad job this will be the perfect way to spend a year!

19. Abbiejcc

Abbiejcc New Member

Hiya people!

I just got an email to go to the pre-selection event thing o the 26th. So confused (but very excited!) because I didn't expect to hear so soon and was expecting a phone interview. Also, I'm from Glasgow and my interview thing is in London?! lol, I don't mind though, wee trip to London is actually a nice bonus and totally worth it for a job with Disney!

20. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

They hold an event in manchester don't they? Surely that would be much easier! Well done on getting this far though! :D