July 14th 2009

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Disneyjess, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

Hey babies!

got accepted today to do CRP F&B! anyone else?

2. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Well you can add me. ;D

Although 14th July is the date, i heard that Disney are OK with flying out a few days earlier. I think that if this is true then i'll definately take up the oppertunity as it will help me settle in and get used to the heat as i've never been that time of year.

My family want me to get a weekend flight so that all 10 or so of them can come to the airport and see me off but i said, that's down to money difference from flying during the week

It would be nice if we were flying out at the same time though. I'd be flying from Gatwick

3. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

I'd be flying out from manchester, the flights are definately cheaper from london though, it isn't impossible, i just doubt the parents would like that, they'd deffo want to come to the airport.

I'd like to go out for a few days earlier too actually, accommodation won't be too much I reckon, but then theres the hefty task of packing up to move everything again.

4. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I'm sure it will be cheap to stay at Pop Century or one of the value resorts. Don't know whether we'll get to use out 40% discount though.l :p

The reason i also want to go early is because once we start, we will be working every weekend and i'll like to go to one of the Disney Star wars weekend events that they have in June/July before we start. I'm a huge star wars fan and have always wanted to go to one.lol

5. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

nah, i'd just find a cheap apartment or something for a few days. nothing too flashy!

6. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

Me too!!!! Heaps seems to be leaving in July cos there are 2 dates. Still not sunk in yet!!! I'm up for maybe going a day or so early. I'm deffo flying from Machester when I go cos my parents also want to do the whole sending me off thing. plus they can help me with all my bags =] xXx

7. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Did Yummy Jobs tell either of you what happens next and when to expect the pack they send out? They're calling me tomorrow to tell me anyway as Michele ddn't have time to tell me on Friday

8. *minnie**mouse*

She gave me loads of info but said they'll send it all out in the post too, which is good cos I was so shocked I almost went tone deaf!!! Basically we wait for them to send visa info, CRB forms etc.

9. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Haha !
    ill be there when you all come

sat alone.. in my little wellness apartment hahaa

=]] cant wait til you all come

10. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

The fact that i'm going to be working with all you guys really puts me at ease as i know we'll all work hard but play hard together too. lol

I'm worried abut the people i could be living with. I don't like messy slobs or people who are always out for an arguement but i'm hoping the chances of Disney actually choosing someone like that is slim.

I guess now is to simply find a new full time Job within the next few weeks and then work my ass off till mid June. Then in the final couple of weeks before i leave, i plan to go and stay with my mum for a few days and generally get myself organised with money ect.

I want to sort myself out a laptop, Camera and Camcorder too before i go and that's going to cost alot.

Almost embarrsed to say but i'm 21 and never learned to swim, so that is something else i want to be able to do before i leave as being in the pools is an important part of Florida Life ;D Can also put my Gym membership to good use and get into shape before i leave too

11. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

hehe, I shouldn't corrupt that but i know i'll somehow end up getting you drunk:p

nah, best not mess with the big guys :S

You never learnt to swim? was it not like a mandatory thing at school and stuff? or is it not compulsary in the curriculer and i was just special because our school had a swimming pool?

12. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Na, i think it's quite rare for any school to provide swimming lessons or even have swimming pools these days

13. *minnie**mouse*

I'd definatly try some adult swimming lessons. My Mum did them before Florida. Even if you don't learn to bea really strong swimmer, it'll give you confidence when you're in the water parks and in the wave pool etc. because you are SOOO coming on the big water rides.

14. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I'm all for the water parks. Maybe not so much for The Hulk coaster at Universal Studios but i do plan to have done all the rides before i go home.

15. mushu

mushu New Member

I never learnt to swim either....its so cool to realise I'm not alone in that!

16. *minnie**mouse*

I miss The Hulk. I am SOOOOO excited to see the construction of the Harry Potter bit, even if it means I don't get to ride dueling dragons.

17. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

I LOVE the hulk coaster, it actually knocked the wind out of me when it had a powered start at the beginning!

18. *minnie**mouse*

Definatly investing in some annual passes to universal parks and sea world. :D

19. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

I've been to disney twice and still have never been to busch gardens.

I NEED to go!

20. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Bush Gardens is a couple of hours away and may involve staying there overnight to do everything but it's settled anyway, at some point a load of us are going to Bush Gardens as i too have never been and i really, really want to go. Same with Aquatica, the new waterpark at Seaworld

Finally i HAVE to go to Universal on one of their Halloween Horror Nights as i've never been to one of those and apparently at night there are scarey clowns around the park and people who case you with Chainsaws ;D